All reviews private bathroom communal kitchen airport bus stop bell centre lay your head small shower double bed coffee maker budget hotel main floor laundry room walking distance ten minute walk central location excellent location restaurant downstairs rue st catherine
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel was a excellent value for money in such a large and generally expensive city. For not much more than what I would have paid to stay in a hostel I had a private room with a single bed, desk, bar fridge and wardrobe. I chose to pay a little less and use shared bathroom facilities. The location was perfect for exploring Old Montreal, Mont Royal, Atwater market, the museum/gallery district, etc. I found these areas were all within what I would call easy-moderate walking distance (20-40mins). The hotel was neat, tidy and orderly with washing and self catering facilities available to those that wished to use them. The first weekend I spent there was Canadian Thanksgiving and the hotel quite heavily booked, reception desk staff were pleasant and efficient at all times. I would definitely recommend this for travelers who are on budget and still would like to be in the thick of things without the inherent inconveniences of hostels and the like.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank LilCCM
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed at a room without private washroom. I was a bit worried with shared washrooms. They turned out to be very clean and quite empty most of the time. The staff was friendly and helpful. They gave up a new room upon our request. The location was good. We didn't have to drive. However, finding parking was a headache and expensive.
Consider the price, I would definitely recommend this hotel to travellers who use hotel as a place to sleep only.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ming H
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We spent here 2 nights.
The location of the hotel is exellent. You can go walking from there to the old part of the city in less than an hour, or by subway.
The hotel is located in the last floor of the YMCA building. The room is fine, y has a refrigerator and we had no problems with external noises. Sleeping quality was good and wi-fi was included in the rate.
If I have to mention any cons, I will say that if you have big luggage there's no ramp in the entrance we were told to use. The other one is parking. You must pay parking in Montreal almost averywhere.
Regarding service, we talke with 4 different persons, receving exellent service and dedication just from one of them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at the ywca hotel during the jazz festival from Jun 28-Jul 4, and I have nothing to say but praise for this place. Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff, and for a traveller on a budget this is the place for you.As an added bonus, the money goes towards womens charities, and employs people that might need an occasional helping hand. Clean and quiet,and I will absolutely stay there again, as I have been to Montreal 4 times in the last 18 months.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces Mont Royal, with A/C during summer because Montreal gets Very hot.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank RyanSkubovius
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have been to this hotel multiple times and every time it has wow'd me in some fashion.
You are not going to pay too much for this, so don't expect lots of space, don't expect a huge bathroom, I don't think they even have room service, but rooms are super clean, they do have free wifi, and they are close (so close you can forget your car home) to anywhere in downtown Montreal both for business, shopping or just hanging out. In summary, it's not fancy but it has everything you need.
Service: everybody at this hotel tries to make your life easy in a non intrusive way.
Very nice all around.

Room Tip: I like high interior rooms for this locations, but that's just me.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends