“Well located. The end.”

Ranked #117 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
New York City, New York
“Well located. The end.”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed in three hotels in 2 weeks for work and found a well located, decently priced suite at the Lord Berri. Our room was clean but the check in was very slow and the staff did not seem very friendly. We asked for ideas for tours and they could not suggest anything. In the end a busboy at schwartz deli recommended (and highly recommended) said to visit the notre dame bacilica. It was well worth it. Definitely bring a phone with GPS. There are so many one ways around our area that we drove by the hotel at least once.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Carol S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
Canmore, Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Not much to say. Some staff were great, others not so great. Their location can't be beat. right near the village and metro stations. Not a terrible continental but ok. Spent a few nights. Again location can't be beat.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Booked through hot wire so great deal for a hotel in downtown Montreal close to most anywhere you want to be. Arrived by bike and we were able to store our bulky pannier bags in the storage area prior to check in who h was great. Checked in at the check in time - had to wait for both rooms to be ready but housekeeper brought in extra help to hurry the process. Front desk staff were helpful but not overly enthusiastic! Room were very large and well appointed - all the usuals: coffee maker, fridge, etc. couple of minor maintenance issues needed attending to, but otherwise no complaints. Hotwire gives it 2.5 stars bit I would say it it deserves a 3 possibly even a 3.5

Room Tip: Rooms at the back arerobably quieter and not over the busy Berri Street
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Clermont-Ferrand, France
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I recently travelled to this hotel and stayed for 5 nights for a university field trip. The hotel is located on Berri and is less than a 5 minute walk to St. Catherine Street. Here are the corner of Berri and St. Catherine you can easily jump on the Metro (UQAM stop) and get to where you are going. *NOTE that this part of St. Catherine is not the section where the mall is, the mall is several stops down but very easy to navigate to!*

I stayed in a 4 person room that had 2 very large beds (Queen possibly). Our room had a mini fridge, television, lots of drawer storage and an air conditioning unit.

The bathrooms were cozy and the shower water pressure great (compared to some Quebec hotels I've stayed in in the past).

The WIFI code did not work several times but after calling reception and trying different codes it finally worked and was not a problem after the initial set-up. I was able to receive internet in the room, reception and dining area.

We ate the breakfasts at the hotel (not normally included but included in our group rate). It was decent as we got multiple bread products (mini croissant, toast), jams, coffee/tea/juice, yogurt, and fresh fruit. On other days we got eggs (although a bit salty) and some bacon and sausages.

The hotel receptionists were great! They were fluent in both English and French and were able to easily give directions, had numerous pamphlets on hand when asked and were very accomodating to our large group.

We also used the conference room every morning and night which is quite spacious with lots of chairs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Marcy, NY
Reviewed September 6, 2012

You might not think you will need the help of the staff the way I did, but if you do, don't expect to get any. Upon checking in I was told they only had one parking spot left at the back of the hotel. After my car was broken into and items stolen, the same woman who had to show me where the spot was (I couldn't believe this was the spot) now was very surprised I was even a guest of the hotel. "You parked in our lot?" "You are a guest here?" They promised to have the glass cleaned out of the car by the time I came back for it. I returned with my two small children and the seats were still covered in glass. I had to do it myself. Since my GPS was stolen, I asked if I could print out directions to get home. This was a huge inconvenience to them. I had to get my own bags out of storage as well. Any time I asked for directions of a recommendation for a restaurant, they acted like I was a total nuisance. Bathrooms were very outdated and shower unit had mold all over it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CentralNYer

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice hotel in a very central location. Very close to latin quarter, McGill and UQAM. Very good value for the money, since others are far more expense. Very Clean and nice staff. Underground parking is very helpful. Room was just what we wanted.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Erie, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The hotel was okay, the person who checked us in was not friendly and very unhelpfull. We were told that there was no available parking yet we found parking. There was no helpful tourist pamplets to help us know what we should see and phone numbers for more information. When we asked about bus tours they didn't know much about them, nor did they look up anything for us.
I was left with a very bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends