“Great rooms, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Loews Hotel Vogue

Loews Hotel Vogue
Ranked #6 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
Belluno
“Great rooms, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Loews Hotel in downtown Montreal is located conveniently near Rue St. Catherine, which is the main street for shopping. A trip to Old Montreal will take around 20-30 minutes on foot.

The front desk staff was friendly, efficient and kind. Check in was quick, it took no more than 5 minutes to be in my room.

The room is the highlight of the hotel, probably recently renovated. Large, well furnished, comfortable, with lots of space available for luggage and clothes. The bathroom is large as well, includes a tub and a separate shower, as well as lots of space where to lay down your personal items. No bidet, but that's not so unusual in North America I guess.

The bed was very comfortable, the sheets of high quality. The AC/Heating was easy to manage, you'll need to turn it down at night and keep the room warmer during the day.

The only issue I had with the hotel - even if it did not apply to me because I was using a promotion - is that there is no free internet (it costs 14 CAD/day so it's not dramatic, but in 2013 internet should be considered a basic service).

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, the building isn't very new and sound insulation isn't at its best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MrExit
Eric H, Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Bonjour MrExit,

I was a real pleasure to read you kind words on our kind and efficient staff, great rooms with comfortable beds, spacious bathrooms and convenient location. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Warmly,

Executive Assitant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, QC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

this place really makes you feel pampered, from the free cappuccino/hot choclate in the lounge to the exceptionally friendly staff to the well-appointed rooms. But my favorite feature is the huge jacuzzi tub with TV overhead in the bathroom. Really, what more do you need? I only wish there was a pool, spa, gym onsite, but they do have an arrangement with these services nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Eric H, Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Bonjour Alisonpalk,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm delighted to hear the Loews Hotel Vogue really made you feel pampered, as we truly have at heart to make every traveler feel this way! For your next visit, you will be happy to know we do have a 24hour gym on-site.

We hope to welcome you again soon,

Executive Assistant Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Montreal in the Winter time, at Christmas, with a Ton of Christmas trees Glowing
onto the Snowy background.

I stayed here in December 2012, and again in January 2013, and its Really about the Staff
FIRST, from the guys who greet you at the door and bring in the luggage, They Make you
feel at Home Here thats for sure.

The girls that run the Bar, are Special also.
But the Returning Clients, who you have never met, and are glad to share in some
Great conversation, Just because this place seems to attract this kind Fantastic
grouping of people, as it was so nice to see everyone greeting each other, to find out
they were returning guest, Most accept for me on my First Visit.

Down side, the Bar is being relocated in favor of a larger Restaurant, Hopefully Lowes
Management will see Wisely what they have here in this Bar location was the People,
and will Relocate them and a New Cozy Location, as not to Offend the Many Long time
guest who Really looked forward to seeing this kind place, and Mostly its Staff,
That being said, I was only a Two time guest, and could Clearly see this !!

THE Hotel, Its close to Everything, Beautiful, I stayed in the King room I think it was first,
and it was clean, and very nice, Note, if you have Back Problems, the Beds are a bit
cooshey, But on my return, we had a Suite, and the large couch in the attached room
in our suite was large, Firm, and I slept great, while the girls slept in the beds.

Do not let anyone talk you into this is the best Restaurant
in Montreal Bit, if you are a big eater, some of them, including the Chinese we went to
had 3-4 pieces of small, but decent quality food in an order split 4 ways,
I needed real food, and was Hungry after a $90 dinner for 4.

Search Trip Advisor, and check the area your going to, to see what yo are looking for
Food wise.

I cant remember the name of the Restaurant, but turn right leaving the hotel lobby,
to the first light and cross the street, on the left is a place, uppper and lower seating
areas, its Great food, The Owner make sure everyones food is exactly what you want.

Thanks Lowes, but Remember its The People, and the Hotel As Well !!

Ritchie H.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

First time we stayed in Montreal we tried the Vogue. A good place to walk around from. Nice size rooms, interesting food and a hip bar space. Concierge offers good suggestions. Not the best value in town but a good choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Redmond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I started staying here when they 1st opened as a small hotel without affiliation with Loews. As any business traveler will tell you it is the staff that makes or breaks a hotel. The staff has always been great & theytryto make you feel like prt of the family. The rooms are delux. With everything youcould hope for. Location could not be better for downtown, be it nightlife, sports just down the street or shopping. My only regret is thatI have not been fo a while.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Plattsburgh, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We have been staying several times a year at the Vogue, for about the last seven years. The rooms are immaculate and the room service is excellent. The location is ideal and in close proximity to the St. Catherine shopping strip. The hotel is right across the street from Ogilvy's which is filled with top notch designer boutiques. Just up the street, Holt-Renfrew offers more of the same. And restaurants? It's hard to choose where to go!!! We adore the staff at the Vogue and the luxurious comfort of the hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric H, Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Bonjour Shannon N,

It is always a great pleasure to hear from a loyal guest; Thank you! I think, Luxurious comfort, as you used, is very representative of our newly revamped property. I'm delighted to know you appreciate our amazing location in the middle of the high end shopping, as well as our in room dining, although what makes me proud above all is that you adore our staff. We do have a wonderful team that really has your satisfaction at heart!

We surely look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Executive Assistant Manager
Toronto, Can
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I checked into this hotel last Wednesday night at round midnight. I checked in and rushed up to my room as quickly as possible as I had to drank way too much water that night and I needed to use the restroom.

I barged in the room dropped all of my stuff on the floor and ran for the bathroom. This is when I noticed a shaving kit on the counter of the bathroom. Two seconds later I heard a man call out "hello?"

They gave me a key to someone else's room! I was mortified, embarassed, flabbergasted that such a thing could happen! This poor man was sound asleep in bed, imagine how he felt when someone came running into his room at midnight.

I apologized and left immediately. I went to the front desk explained myself, went to the restroom then back to the front desk to check in to a different room. Can you imagine that the person at the front desk didn't even apologize? And when I said "I hope this room ins empty" he just said "it should be fine". It should be fine? I was so appalled.

I then went to my room and realized that there wasnt a dead bolt on the door, no wonder this happened. You can imagine how I slept.

I understand that mistakes happen, what I don't understand is why when I called the manager on Thursday morning why is it I still haven't heard from anyone. So yesterday morning I called the general manager, and to my surprise he hasn't called back either.

In my opinion I shouldn't have had to call the hotel, I should have recieved a call the next morning automatically, this is commen sense and for a hotel of this stature I cannot believe the treatment I have received.

I will NEVER stay here again, that is for certain.

I also called the front desk the next morning to ask for them to email my receipt, I still have not received a receipt, you would think maybe they got my address wrong, nope, I have received an advertisement every day since I checked out!

I am assuming that after writing this review someone will finally call me.

( Please read my other reviews as I am a very reasonable person and I always give people chances)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business