Loews Hotel Vogue
$323
$307
Orbitz.com
1,600 results
All reviewsla societelux loungeseparate showerjacuzzi tubshopping and restaurantsdowntown montrealbeautiful hotelbell centrehuge bathroomcrescent streetrooms are spaciouswalking distanceperfect locationfront desk staffmini barbeautiful roomi highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed there for four nights in April, 2013. The hotel was renovating parts of the lobby and the restaurant/bar, so I didn't visit those. Our room was very large - one of the largest hotel rooms I stayed at, and I don't believe it was a suite. Bathroom as well, and it included a jacuzzi bath. Beds are super comfortable. The overall feeling of the room was quiet, clean and cosy. I loved the TV in the bathroom/tub area. Hotel location is superb - right in the centre of everything it seemed, right on the shopping street and one or two blocks from dozen restaurants, a comedy club, metro station and access to shopping malls.

On our first day, the hotel staff entered a job action - a strike. We were welcomed by the letter in our room when we returned to it saying that make shift bar/restaurant area has been closed, as well as all room services suspended, including daily room cleanup/makeup. The letter said that our room will not be automatically cleaned daily.

Initially we were very concerned, but the management that took over went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as we wanted. The room clean-up was still available upon request. Hotel served complementary happy hour with wine and beer daily and free breakfast in the area of the lobby. I never use room service for food so I didn't miss that. Our room started to get little filthy, but it's our own fault for not requesting clean-up service. Also, it is nice to have a made up bed daily, but it wasn't a big issue. Overall, we never felt that we are being mistreated and we felt very welcome and we felt that anything we wanted would be taken cared of immediately.

Would highly recommend and will stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try the side facing the street vs. back alley. Rooms are generally quiet - good sound insulation, but this is a middle of a big city, so there will be city noise - trucks in the alley, or sirens at the front.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sinish
Eric H, Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Bonjour Sinish,

We thank you very much for your kind words, especially on the service and I can assure you this will be shared with the entire management team who will certainly be touched!

We are delighted to know you enjoyed our amazing location, close to shopping, dining and entertainement. Also great to hear you enjoyed the size of the rooms and oversized bathrooms, as well as our comfortable beds. As for the renovaions that were undergoing during your stay, the are now completed and I am sure you will be impressed by our new luxurious lobby and bar upon your return! La Société Bistro, our new restaurant is also just about to open!

We look forward to seeing you again,

Executive Assistant manager

Reviewed April 9, 2013

- great location (shopping, eateries, public transportation)
- SPACIOUS!!!
- clean
- i'd have to agree and echo another reviewer that the front desk people could be a bit more friendlier..or at least smile.

there's a bus from the airport (#747) that drops you 2 blocks away- #3 stop.

i'd come back.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Bonjour Chupaann,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It is great to hear you enjoyed the location, as well as the spacious and clean rooms! I'm sincerely sorry you have not received the attentive and friendly service we are renowed for. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I will myself share with our front desk team, as we always strive to continuously improve ourselves and make sure our guests feel welcomed.

We hope to welcome you again soon,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel in 6 months, its in the perfect location, the staff go way beyond being helpfull , the rooms are spectacular, everything is clean here.

when i was there from april 4-7 , they had an unexpected labour dispute , and picketers showed up outside the hotel,
this sounds bad, but they were very well behaved, and did not bother quest 1 bit, in the meantime , im guessing all the non union manegment had to put in some extra hours to cover all the duties of the people on strike.

well the managment did an outstanding job, if it wasnt for the picketers on the sidewalk , you would have never know there was a labour problem.

the peoplestill working in the hotel, great job, well done,
i will be back in the fall

thanks for a great place to stay

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice, there quiet and well appointed
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank doodog

Bonjour Doodog,

Thank you for such kind words! I can assure you they are very much appreciated and will be shared with the management team who will surely be very touched!

It is great to read you enjoyed both of your stays, in two different situations and that you felt the staff go way beyond being helpfull as I truly beleive this is just exactly what everyone on the team does, no matter what their position is.

We cannot wait to have you back in the fall!
Warmly,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Bonjour, comment t'allez vous? Merci beaucoup for this opportunity to "give back": this boutique hotel in the heart of Montreal was a God-send, so I will share our experience while staying there about 15 years ago! That statement alone speaks of what an incredible experience being a guest at Hotel Vogue was, despite how many years ago my family was visiting! ( The date eludes me, and so it is required on the recommendation form online to submit one, thus this month was chosen).
(a side-note: I quickly noticed that in any part of Montreal, once one greets another in their native tongue, French, despite how short the phrase is, you will be always then connect in English conversation more easily and with wonderful appreciation on their part. Simply the use of "Bonjour", or "Merci" is enough to bring smiles. My French was very "rusty" yet it gave me a great chance to practice! I found that they all loved it; this was a year or two before the province put to vote on the mandatory use of French vs. English only) and it was definitely a subject of conversation throughout town.
Now, The Hotel Vogue: my husband and I were staying there while he was "setting up house" for a 6-month business placement during his corporate job at that time. I had flown up with him, our two young sons, one was a toddler and the other six years old, for a few days. My first recollection of this wonderful place is of arriving in a downpour of rain, and how I was immediately assisted out of our car with an umbrella and a kind gentleman escorting me inside, and surely the children and my husband were as well. It felt like a large-city, boutique hotel, and with the atmosphere of a Ritz Carlton. The one-on-one service and hospitality continued and was well-beyond even some of the Ritz C's we have actually stayed in during business trips. I never touched a door knob, nor even hung my own clothes, as we were shown our room, which had a beautifully appointed bedroom and bath for us as well as a separate room perfect for business and entertaining, where we had a fold-out couch for the children, and also the option to also request a very comfortable twin roll-in. They were so attentive to my sons, and appeared to welcome children as if they were their own. The rooms were huge, especially considering the size of this endearing city, and the bathroom was one of the most incredible parts of this stay, as all four of us could actually get in together with jets massaging our sore backs and legs, amongst bubbles and children's laughter. I don't know what they have done now to update the baths, but ours' was awesome even at that time , and of course was equipped with all of the things a person could possibly want. Marble and tile was everywhere. Just writing about it creates a desire to visit again! The concierge people were brilliant and friendly , and directed us to the perfect places we were seeking out. The hotel is in the center of town, and within walking distance of most of the city locations we sought out. An outstanding initial event, unusually distinct in nature, occurred when we received a phone call from the front desk , letting us know that we had overlooked a fallen baby toy outside of our valeted car when we had opened doors ; next, and toute suite, a gentleman arrived at the door with my baby's favorite small toy, a soaked but fine "Lamby", found by the staff in the rain-streaming road, so small it could have easily been overlooked by anyone. These are the kind of people you want to be taking care of you. If it is a bit on the expensive side, remember downtown is what it is. This would be my top choice should we have the good fortune to return to Quebec. I would enjoy this place to the hilt!

Room Tip: We had the children, so asking for a suite was brilliant. The bedroom we requested had a king sized bed, and we slept soundly on the high-quality bedding and mattress. Since my husband was also working a bit, having the conference table and desk area in the same room as the fold-out for the 2 small guys was great. He could shut the connected door for calls and computer time. Ask for the quietest room, since it is a large city, and they will guide you!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pilgrim1_13

Bonjour Pilgrim 1_13,

What a delight to read your review and to realized our property and personel touch you so much we are still part of your cherished souvenirs so many years later! Thank you fo taking the time to share this.

We sure hope you do have the chance at some point to return to Montreal and visit us again. While you will find our decor has been totally reactualized in great contemporary chic luxury, I'm am sure you would still be delighted by the same attentive personalized service which makes our pride!

In hopes to welcome you back soon.
Warmly,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here for one night with some friends, one of them found an online deal for the hotel and booked it. You can’t beat the location; you are steps away from St-Catherine street, which is a huge shopping street, and nightlife. Staff was really friendly, room was nice and spacious. The bed and linens were comfortable. The bathroom was huge, with a separate bath and shower, and there was even a tv in there! The hotel is still undergoing some renovations, but it didn't bother us at all. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Bonjour Katherine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

We are delighted to hear you and your friends enjoyed your stay. I have to agree our location is simply the best! It is also great to know you thought the rooms were nice and spacious, beds comfortable, while our huge bathrooms seem to have pleased you.

We are happy to let you know our renovations are now complete, with our new restaurant La Société Bistro is just about to open!

Hoping to welcome you again soon,