“Excellent service with an exceptionally nice staff”
Review of Loews Hotel Vogue

Loews Hotel Vogue
Ranked #8 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 28, 2012

wonderful experience in Montreal for a family trip-stayed 10 days. I highly recommend this very well located and comfortable hotel. the rooms are spacious with excellent bedding and the service is simply great.
thks to all the staff at the Vogue

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dina L
Nathalie L, General Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Bonjour Dina,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your family experience. It is a great pleasure to read such good comments on our property! I do agree we are very well located and our newly remodelled rooms are spacious and comfortable. Although, I have to say what makes us especially proud is your good words on our great service!

We hope to welcome you again soon,

Nathalie Lalonde

Write a ReviewReviews (1,541)

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This place has restored my faith in chain hotels. Everything was exactly as it should be. Great rooms, comfy beds, great people. The restaurant was being restored, but there's no lack of terrific eats within walking distance and the bar food was very good! I'll stay here next time I'm in Montreal.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Smith614
Nathalie L, General Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Bonjour Smith614,

It is a great pleasure to read your wonderful review, thank you for taking the time to share it with the TripAdvisor community!

We are delighted you slept well, enjoyed our beautiful new rooms and appreciated our food. I will certainly pass on your good words to our new chef and to the entire team!

We can't wait to welcome you back into our home and into our new French Bistro on the way!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at the Loews Hotel Vogue for 5 nights and don't regret chosing this hotel one bit. At check-in we were able to get in right away even though we were early. The staff at the hotel were courteous and helpful. If we called to get anything delivered to room (Iike coffee etc.) it arrived promptly. We ordered room service once - the food was decent and arrived quickly and was still warm. My boyfriend has his shoes polished & shined before the wedding we were attending and the turnaround was impressive, about 15 minutes! The service was complimentary as well (but we tipped of course).

The minibar was stocked and prices were in the usual hotel range, but not as expensive as say the W (which we also stayed at for one night on our Montreal trip). I was glad we left the W and moved here for the rest of the trip. It's a far better location and much larger/brighter rooms.

The rooms had been recently renovated and the decor was nice - clean and classic. Although it seems that they did cut corners in some areas, the fictures & hardware still looked old and dated - the shower had the same showerhead and knob as it probably did 15 years ago, and the shower was super small and had a space at the bottom of the door where water leaked out onto the floor. The showerhead was not able to be angled away from the door and the stall was so small that unfortunately there was really nothing to be done about it. And the closet doors didn't line up to close smoothly, and had obviously just been repainted with an odd matte paint.
The bed was comfortable and the bathroom iteself was very large and has a TV in it, which would appeal to male guests I'm sure!

The hotel was still doing renovations on the outside of the building, so this got a bit noisy in the morning. They did call our room to apologize for this inconvenience and gave us advance notice this would be going on. We got a decent rate however; I'm not sure if that's why. Other than the construction outside, we weren't bothered by any city/street noise. The construction impeded the sidewalk outside and the front entrance, but not in a way that bothered or inconvenienced us at all.

Don't expect a view from this hotel. We were on the 8th floor over looking the main street and you basically look into the Ogilvy. But we didn't mind, we spent little time in the room, as we were busy exploring Montreal.

The location of this hotel can't be beat! You're in the middle of downtown, half a block to St Catherines and right across from the Ogilvy. It's one block away from Crescent Street, and a short cab ride to Old Port (you can walk there if the weather is nice and you're up for it, I think it's approx. 15-20 min). There are tons of restuarants within walking distance, and the shopping is great.

The one thing that actually bothered my the most was the hotels apparent lack of environmental responsibility. They had no recycling in the rooms. It pained me to throw out paper and plastic/cans from the minibar. This was something I noticed throughout Montreal. They don't seem to be the "greenest" city I've visited. It's a shame that this isn't seen as important.

The best thing about this hotel would have to be the location. It was great stepping out the front door and being minutes/seconds to anything you wanted.

The negative was the construction. It was annoying & bit of an inconvenience a couple of mornings. But it wouldn't prevent us from going back and we didn't complain to the hotel about it (not that they could do anything about it anyways, I imagine they're not going to stop construction for us or change their schedule). And lack of "green initiatives" like recycling, water conservation etc.

We ate at several restaurants while in Montreal which I've reviews separately, but I would highly recommend eating at Joe Beef. It was the gastronimical highlight of our trip!

Dear Caribbean_Zingara,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, recognizing our courteous and helpful staff, as well as mentioning our prime location (which I agree cannot be beat!)

I'm delighted to read you were able to check-in early, received great service and that your requests were always met promptly, as this is definitely our priority.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience from our renovations and thank you for your understanding. Please note final touches are still on the way for the rooms and bathrooms. We cannot wait to have you back to experience the great outcome of it and have a taste of our new French Bistro's menu.

Warmly,

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Loved Loews Hotel Vogue. When we got there, the front entrance was under renovations so it wasn't appealing but that's only temporary. Once we were inside, the front desk person was friendly and helpful and we got into our room quickly. We were tired after the long drive. Our room was quiet and away from the main street that the hotel is on. The contemporary mixed with vintage decor makes for a romantic room. The bathroom was massive. The bed was very comfortable to sleep on and I really have no complaints about our experience at Loews. If you want an intimate but cool vibe, you need to stay here. We didn't dine here, have room service or use the amenities so I can't review those things.

Room Tip: We stayed in 716 and it was away from the main street and quiet.
1  Thank pkpowerofone

Bonjour Pkpowerofone,

Thank you for your kind words! I'm delighted to read you've experienced the high quality of service we continuously strive to provide and that you enjoyed a quiet stay in our intimate and cool boutique hotel (which I think describes it well!)

We hope to host you again in the near future,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband & I booked this hotel based on a recommendation of a friend and positive reviews. While we enjoyed our weekend & agree with other reviewers on some positive notes; we we left feeling disappointed in some ways. We had called to ensure that we were staying in a renovated room as we had heard that renovations were underway. On the phone the staff member acted surprised & stated that all the rooms had been renovated. There was no mention of the entire front of the building being a complete mess & having to walk through a plywood tunnel that was dripping all over us from the rain. The heat in our room would not go below 75F. We called the front desk & were told to open a window. We explained that solution would not work due to the noise level from the street. We were told that due to the renovations the heating system was not working and everyone was complaining that the rooms were too warm. We found this irritating on top of the charge for wifi in the rooms & spotty connection in the lobby. While we did not watch a lot of tv, my husband would have appreciated a better selection of channels to choose from while I was getting ready. I agree with other reviewers that the location is great. The staff was friendly & helpful. Upon check out we were notified that one night of parking was waived due to the heat issue. This was nice, especially because parking at $35/night is too pricey. I thought the rooms were clean and well decorated. I enjoyed the the overall atmosphere of this boutique hotel, but will be looking at other options in the area for my next stay in Montreal.

2  Thank Teresa S
Nathalie L, General Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Bonjour Teresa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and for mentioning our friendly staff, great location, cleanliness and enjoyable atmosphere.

With our rooms renovation now completed, we are currently working on our façade and while we use all reasonable efforts to provide a quality environment for our travellers, I understand you disappointment and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. It is disconcerting to hear of the lack of assistance regarding heating and I would like to have the opportunity to discuss with you in further details. Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to experience the great outcome of our renovations and the personalized service we are renowned for.

Warmly,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We arrived late at night and left early the next morning, but after driving all day it was great to be greeted by a wonderful staff. Appreciably, from arrival to room only took a few minutes. Free Wifi in the lobby. Very comfortable room and bed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rnlaro
Nathalie L, General Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Bonjour Rnlaro,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words on our wonderful staff and comfortable rooms!

We hope to welcome you and your family again soon,

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at Loews Hotel Vogue in September for the second time and found it just as great as the first time. Service is great and we were able to check in early and the location is perfect for getting around the city. The room itself is amazing and had recently been remodeled. Even though you are in the city you can't hear any noise. The minute you walk out the door there are great shops and restaurants nearby. We enjoyed a drink in the lobby bar and people were very friendly and gave us great tips. If we ever come back to Montreal we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stillcrazy86

Bonjour,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It is great to hear you chose to come back after a great experience and had another one just as good.

We are always delighted to accommodate with early check-in whenever possible and our team is certainly committed to making you feel welcomed and help you discover Montreal to its best.

We look forward to hosting you again soon,