“Designer Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Designer Hotel”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The rooms were large and the interior design was beautiful. The bathroom looked a little dated. The location is very central and the staff were friendly. The view was over a car park.
Water and internet cost extra but I got a credit towards the food. I ordered room service but the chicken caesar salad was horrible - the chicken was so dry I had to leave half of it! I had food at the bar downstairs (club sandwich) and that was a lot better. Overall I liked the hotel - it was different to your typical corporate bland hotels and had some character - I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Eric H, Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Hello collmm,

Thank you for your feedback. We did work very hard on the design of our guestrooms and bathrooms. We do have in our plan to redo all of our showers soon. They will look amazing.
I'm sorry to read that your Ceasar Salad was not 100% up to your taste. We just hire a new Executive Chef on June 11, 2012. His mandate is: Create new menus using local products and make sure we are executing well. I'm glad we will see ou again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Had a one night stay over at Hotel Vogue. Convenient check in, rooms are well kept, spacious, clean, modern with everything you would need. Bathrooms and shower work well, lots of room. And convenient bar in lobby to hook up with colleagues before heading out for dinner. Excellent location for getting to restaurants or activities downtown Montreal. Would have liked some bottles of water, though, without having to look thru the in room fridge. Comfortable bed to be sure.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hello MikeB,
I want to thank you for your review. I'm glad you had a great experience at the Loews Hotel Vogue. I'm taking action on your comment about the water. We have now 1 bottle of water next to the coffee maker plus 2 in the mini bar. See you next time.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I spent three nights in a premium king room.
We got a room on the seventh floor, on the back of the hotel; this made the nights very quiet.
Large room, large bathroom, nicely refurbished. Efficient reception, concierge and doormen.
The location is excellent for shopping : Ogilvy is on the other side of the street and Holt Renfrew at a few minutes walk; also close to Musée des Beaux-Arts and Parc de Mont Royal is easy to reach.
WiFi is not free, but at least it delivers a good signal; bottle of water with a price tag is a bit mean; however, I shall not complain because I got a "winter deal" with the third night at 50 %.
As a whole, a top choice to stay in the modern Montral.

Room Tip: prefer a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paulklib
Hello Paulklib,
Your comments are music to my ears. This is why we worked so hard. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and the city of Montreal. To mention, in our lobby, WIFI is free of charge and we also have 2 computers for our guests to use. Hope to see you again.
Toronto, On
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

The Loews is beautiful with really well-designed rooms, huge bathrooms, and comfortable beds. A decent location is a plus and a minus. You are central, but even 7 floors up (the hotel only has 9) the noise from rue de la montagne woke me up more than once. the staff was efficient on check in and polite up until I had a problem with housekeeping (my soap was thrown out from the shower - which is a big problem for me because I have allergies and am prescribed a special soap). The reception told me that housekeeping had not yet thrown the soapaway but had the soap put aside to be recycled (???). The soap was returned to me after 20 minutes, making me late for my dinner reservation. When I talked to management the next morning, she apologized and offered me a free breakfast (which is laughably priced at $25 for 2 eggs and bacon). I explained that a free breakfast would not be useful for me because I was traveling with another couple who would not want to pay $50 for eggs. The manager said she had already checked with the general manager and that breakfast was the best recompense they could offer. It was only after multiple phone calls and persistence that we were able to find a compromise. I travel extensively and do not usually post negative reviews, but I have never before had the soap taken from my shower and thrown out - and my quibble here is not with housekeeping who generally work very hard - but with management who seemed unable to understand the panic and stress that being without my prescription soaps caused, and who also seemed to think that I should be fine using soap fished from the "recycle" bin. I expect better from any hotel, but especially from a hotel with as much potential as the Loews.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Mocieeditor
Hello Mocieeditor,
I'm sorry for the inconvenient this situation caused you. I did investigate to make sure to understand and to learn from it. There is no reason why you had to suffer from our mistake. We are taking your comment very seriously. Again, please accept our apologies. Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again.
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I booked my room through Travelocity, reserving which was advertised through Travelocity as having free wifi, etc., and paying up front. When I got to the hotel, I discovered that absolutely nothing is free (which I find odd -- I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel without free wifi, free water bottles in the room, etc.). The real stinker was that when it came time to check out, I was billed for the room even though I already paid through Travelocity. I called Travelocity right away, and they fixed the double-billing issue. I don't know whether or not this was a problem at the hotel's end or Travelocity, but it was a bit of a pain in the neck. That being said, the staff at the hotel are courteous and beyond helpful, from the front desk staff to the concierge to the valet. I prefer this location over Old Montreal because it's an easy walk to everything you might want -- shopping, restaurants, nightlife, and the walk to Old Montreal and the port is quick. The room was perfect. I loved the jacuzzi tub. But I like a reasonable amount of free stuff when I'm paying over $200 per night for a room. Give me water. I don't want to pay $5 for it. And maybe throw in some pretzels or something. To sum up, the renovations and staff are great, but there's a disconnect between online booking service through non-hotel providers and the hotel. Again, that could very well be Travelocity's problem. But I'd at least change the description on Travelocity, because to me it sounds like the wifi is free on that website.

Room Tip: Ask about the status of the renovations. The gym wasn't ready when I was there.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JessicaVTfliesaway
Hello JessicaVTflieaway,
I totaly agree with you, our location is perfect for shopping, entertainment, dinning... you are right in the actions. I'm glad you liked our staff and the room.
I'm taking good note af your comment about free stuff.
Did you know that you can have the same rate by reserving on our Loews web site? We do have our best rate guaranty on our Loews web site.
I checked the Travelocity to make sure we are not showing false info. The high-speed internet is mention in the Hotel Amenities section and there is a note (Additional fees may apply to some amenities).
For your billing issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenient. I verified with our technician. We had a interface issue that was resolve quickly.
Please, come again. It will be our pleasure to welcome you at the Loews Hotel Vogue
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband and I just stayed 5 nights at the Loews Vogue and were very happy with our choice. Our son studies in Montreal so we come fairly frequently and have stayed in a number of hotels. My favourite is still the Place d'Armes hotel, and for anyone who wants to stay in the old city, it is a fantastic choice, but if you want to stay in the middle of downtown where all the shopping, art galleries, restaurants and easy public transport is, then the Loews Vogue is definitely the place to be. The staff was all very friendly and helpful; from the front desk to the breakfast server to the chamber maids. There is some major renovation work going on so the restaurant is not available, but breakfast service was in the bar and was very good. In our 5 days there, I never heard a single hammer strike, nor did I see workmen or dust or any evidence of renovation. Our room on the 7th floor had just been renovated and was lovely. The king size bed was VERY comfortable, the room itself was a good size - not at all cramped, but not overly huge either. The bathroom was very nicely re-done, with a tv set up for someone taking a nice long bath. I found it curious that they had re-done the bathroom so nicely, but the shower stall looked as thought it hadn't been touched. The shower controls and shower head were quite old fashioned and not really in keeping with the rest of the look of the bathroom. It was clean and worked well, so no complaints - I just found it odd. We had room service a couple of times and the food was prompt and well presented. There was a large flat screen TV in the room that was comfortable to watch from the couch at the end of the bed or from in bed. It seemed to not be a very high quality TV as the image quality was grainy. We also had some trouble with the remote and ended up just using the controls on the side of the TV (it was probably a battery issue). Overall, it was a very comfortable, quiet stay in a lovely hotel in the heart of a very lively city. I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Our corner room 711 was quiet and a good size.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank oneworld19
Eric H, Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Hello oneworld19,

Thank you for your review. I do agree with you, our location is the place to be. We worked very hard during our renovation not to disturb our guests, glad you had a great stay. One of our next project is to renovate our shower, stay tune. We thank you for your feedback on the TV, we will make sure to correct the situation. During our renovations, we had few issues with our TV system, everything is now up and running. We will be happy to see you again soon.
Eric Hamel
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night during a weekend visit to Montreal. From the reviews and amenities, I was expecting to enjoy a luxurious stay... and that's what we had from start to finish. The doormen always greeted us with a smile and the gentleman at the front desk was very courteous, friendly and pleasant. He explained that the hotel was undergoing renovations but that they weren't intrusive and he was right -- we saw no signs other than fresh decor and new carpets throughout. Room was gorgeous and quite spacious!! Jetted bathtub definitely a plus after walking all day. King bed was very comfortable, everything was very clean and new. Hotel is very quiet, though with the room facing the street you could hear some of the nightlife on Ste Catherine at times (certainly isn't the hotel's fault). All in all, an idyllic, luxurious stay and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing, pampered getaway in the heart of a vibrant city.

• Stayed May 2012
Eric H, Manager at Loews Hotel Vogue, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Good day rose-em1,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you had an idyllic stay at the Loews Hotel Vogue. See you next time.
Eric Hamel