“Never go there!!!!! Health hazard warning”
Review of Le Saint Malo

Le Saint Malo
Ranked #151 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Sainte-Adèle, Quebec, Canada
“Never go there!!!!! Health hazard warning”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Rooms full of human hair, in bed ice bucket floors etc. Weird white stains all around, bed sheet burnt by cigarets, no proper heating and on top of all, this Chinese guy (owner) that would need some discipline with his customers. This is all true guys.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Cedric L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel before reading the reviews, lucky for us we had no significant experience that made the stay terrible. The room is small but had enough room to store bags. The walls are super thin and the bathroom was freezing. All that aside its located in a great part of the city, all the staff were friendly and more than happy to help out with booking taxi's etc.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
La Grange, Illinois
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great location, and for a single person who is there to tour the city and not stay in the room, this is a great deal. But management should charge $5/night more and put in a decent shower curtain, and get rid of the dollar store lamps, clean the dead bugs around the ceiling light fixtures, throw out all blankets with holes in them, and get some decent towels. Worst problem though is that it is hard to get a good night sleep because you can hear people coming and going all night long, and doors slamming, and there is nothing management can do about it.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay if you just happen to show up.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Montreal
Reviewed September 30, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel parking was limited. So we had to temp park in the back. There was a HUGE rat bigger than a kitten in the garbage right by the back door. In spite of writing a note about making sure we had parking for the truck and calling to confirm that we would be there in the evening they gave our spot away and had to find parking on the street. My husband was having an operation at the General Hospital in Montreal so we left at 530 in the morning and I did not return until the late afternoon the following day. I had spent the day and night at the hospital. When I returned the bed was not made.. garbage not taken out and our soap was still int he bathtub.. when I asked they had no excuse... He said there was no sign.. What the do not disturb?? Disgusting.. I asked them if I could park my truck somewhere so that I could take a quick shower and a change to rush back to the hospital I was told by the hotel manager that I would have to find a parking meeting somewhere and that I could not park my car in the front of the hotel.. I explained to him I would only be an hour to shower and change then I would go back to the hospital... There was No parking... Frustrated I came back and packed most of my belongings and left.. I had paid ahead till friday and only spent 8 hours in that hotel.... I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK AGAIN AND I WANT A REFUND..... I have no idea how to go about to do that.. it was disgusting.... I was in tears when I drove back to the hospital and did not tell my husband who was having a tumor removed out of his chest.. I was devastated by the hotel managers ignorance and lack of professionalism.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank VanessaGalpin
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2013

It was a hell. Our vacation was destroyed. They asked us for $139 and charges us for pet and parking. The room was extra small, cold and in the basement. The handle of washroom did not work and we got stuck, every time we used it. We had to leave the washroom open during using it. The person in charge in hotel gave us an insult, when we complained about the door. Stains on the blankets and smoke traces did not make us have a comfortable sleep, although it was supposed to be smoke free. The glass of the closet was broken and nobody fixed it. After 6 hours of driving from Ontario, we experienced the worst hotel in the earth in Montreal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank aida g
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

When I got there, I saw how small the room was; even though there was heat in the main room, the bathroom was freezing - I suspect it's always the same temperature as being outside. The walls are paper thin - you hear people going up and down the stairs and talking in the halls and other rooms constantly. Unfortunately, I had a bunch of noisy twenty-somethings on my floor who wouldn't stop making noise to the point where I had to change rooms so that I could sleep. The replacement room in the basement had a different kind of heating system and was freezing, and the thermostat was almost impossible to figure out but I eventually got it working (and had to put it up full at all times to stay warm). No views there, as there's no window and the bathroom is also freezing (radiator in there didn't work) but it was a bit quieter at least. The staff were generally nice, the wifi worked fine, there was fridge on my floor along with a microwave for guest use, and the water pressure and temperature were fine, but the place was just grungy and seemed to lack proper attention to cleaning details, like floor and wall washing. Good if you need something small and cheap but otherwise find something better.

Room Tip: avoid the basement if you want a window/view. Rooms across from the stairs will be noisier.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank todowntowner04
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here for the F1 Grand Prix weekend.

I'm giving it 2 stars. It is right in the city center and I found the place to be clean. If you just need a bed for the night in the city center then I have no complaints. It's small and not really luxury living but it's inexpensive and does the job.

The reason I'm writing to review is a warning. If you are driving then leave your car at one of the other hotel or public underground car parks.
It's $15 to park overnight. I offered to pay an extra day to if I could leave it there until after the race but it was not allowed. Fair enough but strange given I could park at another hotels' lot that I wasn't even staying at.

The park is a narrow alley around back, very tight so no big cars will get in.
Alley smelled strongly of urine. (Should have taken the warning). Since I had to move my car before the race I left early. When I got there I had to wake up 2 homeless guys taking shelter against my car in order to move it. On closer inspection later there's a few scrapes on one side of the car and a couple of shoe-prints on the roof. There's a low balcony over the car park for the apartments above, I'll assume my car allowed for a quicker exit route.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo