“Very Nice Hotel”
Review of Le Nouvel Hotel

Le Nouvel Hotel
Ranked #66 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed October 9, 2009

The hotel was very nice. The desk staff were pleasant and took care of all my needs. They suggested a very nice, nearby restaurant Michel's for dinner. The subway station is not far away and with that you can get anywhere in the city.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Michelle_Elfassy, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Nouvel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2009

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write your kind comments. We certainly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again. Merci.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel had a comfortable bed and a lot of space. The room was clean. And the location was good, in the center of the city and a short walk to the subway. However, we were on a non-smoking floor with smokers right below us. When our downstairs neighbors smoked, it was vented into our bathroom. The front desk offered to spray some scented spray as a solution, we preferred smoke to chemicals.

The safe didn't work and the front desk offered no viable solution until we insisted they keep our valuables for us.

Overall a comfortable hotel, but not perfect.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Good location for a visit to Montreal. Rooms were large and comfortable. Staff was polite and effcient. Very nice.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Michelle_Elfassy, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Nouvel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2009

Hello from Montreal.

Thank you very much for your kind comments. Please allow me to make a little correction. We do have a small outdoor pool in a very pleasant and well appointed environment. I am sorry you did not have the opportunity to enjoy it! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future. Merci.

Reviewed September 4, 2009

Booked a hotel for 8 days late Aug/early Sept. through Hotwire. Once I was told the Hotel was Le Nouvel I read the reviews on Tripadvisor and was very concerned by the negative comments. The lobby was quite nice, but when the elevator doors opened and saw the somewhat dingy corridor I was really worried. However, the room was large, very clean, the bathroom had new fixtures, clean, everything worked. True, the furniture was somewhat dated, but the bed was comfortable, I found no fault with the linens, did see a small tear in the blanket, but it was clean. Having a kitchenette saved me oodles of money, since breakfast was not included. I fixed my own breakfast and even supper, heating stuff in the microwave and small stove top. I found a nice store on Rue St. Catherine and purchased food stuffs there. The best of all, however, was the bilingual front desk staff who patiently and courteously helped me find my way around. I lived in Montreal in the 50's and wanted to retrace the past, where we immigrants lived, where I worked, shopped, most of it off the tourist path and without their help I could not have done it. Merci beaucoup!
The only complaint I have was the slower than snails internet, which they will be upgrading shortly.
Mallele
PS - Used the Metro extensively, it is easy to understand.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Michelle_Elfassy, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Nouvel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2009

Bonjour from Montreal,

Thank you so very much for your comments. We always appreciate getting feedback from our customers especially when they are good ones. Just wanted to add that we did change our computers in our business center this week as promised! We hope to welcome you again in the future. Merci.

Reviewed September 3, 2009

Great deal, great location, just one street to downtown & shopping center, rooms was so clean & big. Breakfast was buffet all the time, everything was fresh. Front desk people was so poilte & could speak 3 languages.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Myself and a friend were here for a girl's trip and found the hotel to be okay. The location was definatley the biggest pro in the bunch. Here is a list of my pros/cons

Pros
-Location. So close to St. Catherine and Subway.
-Quiet (Never heard a peep)
-Free Internet
-Clean
-Staff (Very friendly and helpful)

Cons
-Def not a 3.5 star as rated on Hotwire
-Pool (Very Small)
-Jacquzzi (Had to pay $20 per use - Should be free!)
-Outdated Style in Rooms (Lobby is great though)
-Bathroom needs work (Drain was extremely slow and the air exchange barely worked)

Overall, it was a perfect location and a great price through Hotwire. Would recommend it to others if they were looking for a good budget hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I can't believe I stayed at the same hotel according to some of the previous reviews. We stayed in a condo suite for four nights and were very satisfied. The room was huge, nicely decorated, immaculately clean and very quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the bed linens were in perfect condition. The kitchenette was very convenient and nicely appointed. We parked on the street for free and because we were so close to the subway, rarely used the car. The neighbourhood is safe and quiet. The staff are very helpful and accommodating. We had a great rate for Montreal and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple