2,645 results
All reviewsbell centrethe club loungegreat locationspg memberstarbucks coffeehockey gamelobby barlarge hotelself parkingcentral locationcatherine streetheart of downtownfree internettwo double bedscorner roomupon checkmount royal
Reviewed June 3, 2007

We had a room for two adults and one child for two nights. We couldn't get two double beds, so had a king and fold out sofabed, which made great sleeping for all three, but a little crowded when the sofabed was open. The staff was helpful. For the sort of things I wanted to know (e.g, nearest Metro and where to get poutine) the fellows that carry suitcases for the people that want their suitcases carried were knowlegeable enough that I didn't have to bother the concierge. As an aside, if you're in Montreal you should eat poutine at least once, It's quite tasty, but eat it more than once and you should have your cardiologist along on standby. There are a number of attractions near the hotel and the Montreal subway system is super, so even if you aren't as near as you'd like, you can get there from here. We enjoyed the botanical garden, thought Old Town is beginning to get a little bit too Key Westish with T-shirt shops and in general enjoyed the city and the hotel. The Canadian dollar hit its recent high against the dollar while we were there, so for U.S. citizens Canada isn't quite as inexpensive as it was a few years ago.

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank peregrino
Reviewed May 31, 2007

Had a great 3 night stay at the Sheraton le centre in Montreal. Received a terrific deal per night and did an upgrade to get on the Sheraton club floors which offered a nice breakfast buffet and evening snacks in their lovely top floor room overlooking the city---37th floor. Easy to walk to St Catherine street (about 2 blocks away) where all the shopping is --also 2 blocks away from the Queen Elizabeth hotel where the train station is located. Montreal is easy and cheap to get around in and the Sheraton's location is as good as any other fine hotel.

Our room was comfortable, great mattress, clean, with safe, mini bar, coffee/tea maker --bath room a bit dated but a terrific view of the city. I highly recommend this hotel. It is a busy place but has a nice ground floor bar --complete with a starbucks. Check on line for the best deals.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank nuheart
Reviewed May 15, 2007

I travel to Montreal on business frequently and have stayed here 7-8 times over the last two years, including just returning from a 4 day combined business/pleasure stay.

I have always found this hotel to be what you would expect from a typical large city Sheraton -- dependably solid but not spectacular. I repeatedly return here because (1) it is convenient for where my meetings are, (2) I get a very good corporate rate, (3) I like the starwood points. There are unquestionably better hotels in Montreal, but this hotel is fine. The rooms are relatively large, clean, and easy to work in. The beds are comfortable. I have always found the staff to be helpful. And depending on your reason to visit, it's location is excellent -- smack in the middle of the business district, within walking distance of much of what Montreal has to offer and with easy access to cabs and metros for the rest. (you can get pretty good views of the city too, depending on which room you get)

If I were planning a trip solely as a tourist, I might look at a hotel around Vieux Montreal (consider, for example, the St. James or St. Sulpice), but this location isn't bad either. For perspective, it's about a 5 minute/$10 cab ride or a 20 minute walk to the heart of Vieux Montreal.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ObsessedTraveller
Reviewed May 9, 2007

Stayed here while traveling on business. Found the location agreeable, walkable to restaurants, shopping and downtown locations. Clean and comfortable, with good service.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Elena N
Reviewed May 6, 2007

We had a 2-night stay here last August. Average upscale city hotel, but our room was very small - one of the smallest hotel rooms I've seen outside of Europe. The room would have been OK for one person, but was very tight for two. These rooms seem to be limited to king beds,and you should be able to avoid these small rooms by requesting double beds. (I saw other more normal-size rooms with two beds.)
However, I was fortunate to be upgraded to the Club Level (as a Starwood Gold member). This was a real treat - the Club Level lounge is very nice, located on the top floor with huge wall-to wall windows overlooking the city. The free continental breakfasts up here were quite extensive, with excellent croissants, and made a lovely way to start the day. (Unfortunately, our schedule did not permit us to take advantage of the evening offerings in the lounge.)
If you have ever been tempted to spring for a Club Level room, this is a good place to go for it!

Stayed: August 2006