2,661 results
All reviews bell centre the club lounge great location spg member starbucks coffee hockey game lobby bar large hotel self parking central location catherine street heart of downtown free internet two double beds corner room upon check mount royal
Reviewed December 8, 2008

I booked two nights at the Sheraton Le Centre in Montreal through Priceline for $80 US a night, for a weekend getaway at the beginning of November.

Having been to Montreal numerous times and have friends who live there, I know the downtown of the city quite well, and was actually disappointed to find that I won the bid for the Sheraton, because the location on Rene Levesque is in a more 'sterile' business area, also being on the west side, it's more anglophone, and away from the livelier/seedier francophone east side of downtown.

The hotel room was adequate for one person and of the standard Sheraton/Marriott type. Probably due to the fact that I booked for one person and got a cheap rate through Priceline, my room was very small. A queen size bed with a desk and 2 chairs. In fact, I was told by a friend who used to worked there 10 years ago, that it was one of the smallest rooms on the floor. The hotel was renovated 10 years ago, and the decor and furnishing have remained the same since.

On a previous visit, I stayed at the Omni a few blocks north on Sherbrooke and the difference is almost night and day. Granted Sherbrooke is the high end street in Montreal, but both hotels are rated as four stars. If the Omni is a four then surely the Sheraton should not be any higher than a three or a three and a half.

The staff are pleasant and helpful enough. I had problem with the internet (you have to pay a daily rate, and it's through plugging into an ethernet connection, not Wifi), and had to call the company that contracts the work for the Sheraton directly. After spending 15 min. troubleshooting on the phone with the tech support, he called the hotel directly and had technicians sent up within another 15 min. to fix the wall jack in the room, which turned out to be faulty.

As I said before, the decor and furnishing of the room are about 10 years old, and you could definitely see that. The shower curtain and the linens have seen better days.

All in all, the Sheraton Le Centre is well worth the $80/ night I paid, but do not expect too much more in terms of amenities, locations, or any special perks.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank siminnyc
Reviewed November 10, 2008

My mother and I recently visited Montreal and stayed for 5 nights at the Sheraton Le Centre. I bid on a 4 star hotel through Hotwire.com convinced that the $93.00 per night was for the Omni Hotel on Sherbrooke. The Omni had all the amenities listed under the "unknown hotel" and Omni is one of the Hotwire suppliers. Anyway when I found out it was the Sheraton instead, I immediately went to the Tripadvisor and Travelocity websites to view what past guests were saying about the hotel. Most of the comments ranged from decent to downright dreadful! I was shocked and called Hotwire to cancel my reservation. The rep at Hotwire refused, saying they were standing by the 4 star rating and would hold me to the contract. I had no other choice but to stay there since I didn't want to pay for another hotel.

I was expecting the worst when I arrived, but was pleasantly surprised to discover that the Sheraton Le Centre was actually quite nice. My room was on the 15th floor, with a partial view of Mont Royal Park. The room was not huge, but certainly not small either. It's no different than staying at a Marriott or Hilton. I was given 2 very comfortable queen size beds with contemporary bed covers, lots of pillows, an arm chair and a writing desk. The carpet was in good condition also. Although the bathroom was somewhat dated (wallpaper with little roses), everything worked fine.

I had read some reviews that guests complained about the housekeeping at the Sheraton and I was a bit worried. I decided to leave the housekeeper $3.00 canadian dollars everyday for their services and they were very appreciative. Even wrote me a short thank you note every day. I had plenty of towels, the beds were always made, the carpet vacuumed, tea bags left near the hot water maker and plenty of toiletries in the bathroom.

Although the hotel lobby is quite beautiful, I can see where other guests may have problems. It can be quite crowded if a convention is there or there is a game at the Bell Center which is across the street. The bell captains located in the lobby were very helpful and even called a taxi for me when I was ready to leave.

To summarize, I guess you have to take the reviews written on tripadvisor with a grain of salt. I was quite satisfied with my Hotwire purchase!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hawaiianlovingla
Reviewed November 5, 2008

I stayed at this property for a conference and was very pleased with everything from the service to location to rooms. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The location is central to everything. The room was nice - big king bed- nice duvet -I slept well. I would stay again!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2008

Perhaps my expectations were very low as a result of perusing our predecessors on this site. But, while we stayed just one night, we had a very good experience here. No, the rooms have not been "updated" to copy all of the other hotel chains in their pseudo-Manhattan beige suede-ness; yes, there are small pink flowers on the bathroom wallpaper and yes, large flowers on the curtains and yes, the carpet was a little tired. But the room was spacious and clean (not spotless, but clean), the location is very convenient (close to highways, Metro, all downtown areas, and a half hour walk to the old town), 24-hour underground parking is $20+tax (a bargain in downtown Montreal), and best of all every staff member we met was most helpful -- which is always particularly welcome when travelling with a small child. The hotel did not feel as large as it is and it was packed (fully booked) with conferencees and Habs fans the night we were there -- we expected much noise and heard none either inside or outside (the windows seem to be well insulated) You can walk to the Bell Centre of course but also easily to the best shopping on Sainte-Catherine and nearby streets, to nightlife and restaurants on Crescent and Montagne, and to many good coffee shops. (In fact there was a Starbuck's drip coffee maker in our room.) Very comfy bed with soft sheets. We had a delicious breakfast at Cora's just up the street -- very fresh and not greasy (for a big breakfast). Is this hotel a four star? Definitely not. But, like previous reviewers, we booked on Hotwire so it cost only $US 120 for the night (including Hotwire fees), plus parking. Caution: we were told at check-in that a cot would cost $30, which I was willing to (very grumpily) fork over, but didn't end up getting charged for it.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2008

Good location for both shopping and entertainment and not too far to walk to the old town area. Room safe didn't work but other than that the room was quite spacious and clean. Our main gripe was breakfast - you ordered from a range of set meals which may or may not have included fresh fruit/cereals and cooked items. When my wife asked for a second glass of juice we thought WWIII was about to break out and the restaurant staff in general could have been better.

• Stayed: September 2008