2,687 results
All reviews bell centre the club lounge starbucks coffee spg member hockey game lobby bar large hotel self parking central location catherine street free internet heart of downtown two double beds corner room upon check mount royal two blocks
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The room was decent size, good location, and the bed and pillows were comfy. The only thing I did not enjoy was the maid service. We had put up the peace and quiet/do not disturb sign, usually this means DO NOT DISTURB. The maid entered the room not once but twice in the morning. First time around 7:30-8:00am, second time around 10:00am. Why would a maid enter a room at 7:30 am and with the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door! Maybe it was a computer error that said we had check out when we hadn't. If that was the case then why would she enter the room a second time when she already saw we were sleeping in there! Whatever the case it ruined our sleep as we woke up both times who wouldn't, your door opening while you're sleeping). Either way they should get this in order so it doesn't happen again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

We most certainly appreciate how upsetting it was and there is no reasonable explanation we can offer as to why we failed to live up to our own high standards. We are truly sorry that we failed you in this instance and please be assured that your comments will be reviewed with our Management team to ensure no recurrence for future guests.

We do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service to you so that you enjoy a memorable Sheraton Experience!

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments as they allow us to improve on the service we offer our guests.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night while on a business trip.

Pros: Close to the McGill University. Everyone spoke great English ... sometimes hard to find this in Quebec. Room was fairly spacious and had a couch in it as well ... this is not common in standard rooms at Sheraton hotels. Staff at the front desk was friendly. Wifi was free and decent quality ... but I am a Platinum member with SPG, so I get free internet regardless.

Cons: Lounge was not impressive. It has an ok view, but seemed very old. Selection of food in the morning was disappointing!
At 3am, someone on our floor decided to bang on the door. I think that this individual was trying to get in, but his/her partner was a sleep and locked the door using the chain. Waking up to such a loud noise was quite scary at first as I was trying to come to sense and realize what was going on. Nevertheless, I am willing to bet money that everyone on that floor was woken up as a result.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and sincerely regret that your stay was not satsifactory and that we failed you in this instance.

We would appreciate an opportunity to make things right and request that you contact us at reservatin.lcs@sheraton.com.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We booked Le Centre Sheraton for a 2 day getaway to Montreal this past weekend. Easy to find on Rene Levesque Blvd. W. Check-in very fast and efficient. Within reasonable walking distance to underground mall, and St. Catherine St., where there are numerous label stores and restaurants. Lots of young people and students around as there are several colleges/universities in the immediate area. About a 5 min. drive to artsy Old Montreal. Spent an entire day there checking out all the art galleries/shops/restaurants; some very pricey, Corner room on the 29th floor was spacious with a great view south of downtown area. Beds comfortable; pillows a little big and high for our liking, but just personal preference. Staff friendly and helpful. Pool was 85 degrees and clean.
Would definitely stay there again.

Room tip: The higher floors give you a great view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your great review! Your feedback is so appreciated and we hope to be of service to you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have never been to Montreal before, but everyone I know was raving about how awesome a city it is. I typically try to stay at Starwood hotels because I know what I'm going to get with the hotel. Unfortunately, the Sheraton in downtown Montreal reflects the rest of the city. It's aging and run down and far less than what you would expect from the positive reviews.

The check in and desk staff are nice, cheerful and helpful... I have zero complaints about most of the staff, they were, on the whole, great. The rooms, though, are clearly older. The pillows are all lumpy cotton pillows and the bedding is over starched. The mattresses are bouncy springy contraptions that are passably comfortable, but nothing more. At least the room had a flat screen TV!

Internet access was an exorbitant $24 bucks for two days. Really? In this day and age, it should be free. You aren't doing me a favor by offering internet access, you are providing a basic room service. Get real. On the plus side, the service was very reliable and fairly fast, so I have no complaints about the quality of the internet service.

Breakfast? What breakfast? There is no breakfast service in the lobby area. There is, apparently, a bar, but there's one lady working behind it and she's very... very... s l o w. I did not get breakfast since I didn't have the 1/2 wait to order at the counter from a non-existent menu. If you want food at this hotel, good luck! You should order room service (if you are brave) or venture outside and find somewhere else to eat.

Which brings me to the location. The location is pretty nice; it is in downtown Montreal, close to many things. However, the whole city is run down and decrepit. The main street is more like an outdoor mall, with uninspired chain stores and a bunch of tourist junk. But this is not a review of the city... in short, I have no desire to return to Montreal and certainly no desire to return to this Sheraton. For the price they charge for the rooms, I expected a bit better, but it was not completely out of line. It's not up to typical Starwood hotel standards, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the general quality of things in Montreal is less than what you'd find in a more upscale city, so I imagine the hotel is about in line with what you should expect from Montreal.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Josh Z
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

We thank you for taking the time to post your comments as feedback be it negative or positive is of great value as it allows us to improve our service.

We appreciate your comments regarding Internet and for information purposes only there is a charge when used in a traditional guestroom however our link@Sheraton located in our lobby allows you to enjoy complimentary WIFI access and Internet enabled computer workstations equipped with webcams as well as easy access to printers. WIFI is offered on a complimentary basis when staying on our Club floors which also includes continental breakfast as well as early evening hors d’oeuvres in our Club Lounge, located on the 37th floor.

With regards to breakfast services, our main restaurant Bistro Le Boulevard is located in the lobby and features a full breakfast and lunch menu whereas our CaféBar offers freshly brewed Starbucks coffee and on the go items.

We’ve taken note of your comment regarding our Sweet Sleeper bed as we usually receive such favorable comments from all of our guests.

We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide and we’re pleased to read that our associates made you feel welcome. We do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton in Montreal over the weekend with some friends and the rooms were very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel had a very nice gym and indoor pool. I would definitely come back here in the summer time. The hotel is located close to everything, we ended up walking to most places.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Rolando P
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

We truly are happy to know that your enjoyed your stay with and we appreciate you taking the time to post such complimentary remarks!
We're also glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated Health Club and we do hope to welcome you back in the summer so that you may enjoy our new terrace!