“Beautiful, Clean and Modern!”

Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel
Ranked #48 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa, Canada
“Beautiful, Clean and Modern!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Just a quick review on this hotel, which I stayed at back in August of 2013.

I was at the Sheraton for a short business trip. This was a beautiful, clean and modern hotel with an excellent location situated only one block from St. Catherine Street (shopping district). The view was great; my room looked onto the busy lights of downtown Montreal. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The only downside was the size of the room for the price you are paying. If I were planning to stay any longer, I would have needed to switch into a larger room to keep my sanity.

Overall I did like the hotel and it is right downtown, so nightlife and everything else is basically only a couple blocks away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeff C
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you so very much for posting your comments, they're truly appreciate by our entire team!
We hope to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I'm a Starwood Gold member so have remained fairly loyal to this hotel as a result. I like the location as you can walk to the various downtown districts quite easily, although if you're spending a lot of time in Old Montreal I might not suggest this location.

The check in staff is always friendly, although I don't always get the room or upgrade I want, but they can be busy with conferences.The rooms are fairly modern and the views are typically nice. The bathrooms are very functional and live up to the Starwood name. The walls do a decent job of keeping sound out.

The lobby bar is great for casual meetings over a drink, however I hate the fact the washrooms are in the conference level down the stairs, but so be it. The restaurant is average at best, but does have a breakfast buffet if you're in to that. I also like the fact there's always plenty of taxis in a covered area in the back driveway. All in all a good hotel.

Room Tip: Personally I like the rooms facing north towards Mt Royal, away from Rene Levesque Ave.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GMROCKS
Your review is really appreciated and it's so nice to know that we are one of your standby hotels!
We do our best to ensure that our guests have a memorable Sheraton Experience and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We staid at this hotel on January 4th, 2014. We came in at 12pm and our room was ready. Super nice check in. We then went to shop and came back to enjoy the pool. This facility was clean and well maintained. My choice of hotel was close to the Bell Center and this did not disappoint. I would recommend this hotel the only negative point is that I prefer harder mattress but the rest was perfect.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank juliejf
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We truly appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Thank you!
Beijing, China
Reviewed January 7, 2014

What was good.
1. Good location. Close to St. Catherine street for shopping and food. Close to the Metro to get around.

2. The room is clean. The Sealy bed is very comfortable. Room facilities (water bottles, coffee bags, bathroom kits) are provided promptly when ordered.

3. I was offered to a choice of another room with better views or with a living room since I had a long stay.

What needs improvement
1. Project & Incident management - The internet service was upgraded in December, 2013. It was a completely bad project over the weekend: No fallback plan, No Plan B, Slow recovery (more than 2 days). I had the impression that the guests were not updated on the recovery process. I had to call many times and ended up complaining to the managers.

2. Laundry service - There were numerous times where I had to ask for the laundry sheet and the bag because they were not replaced. It was very inconvenient.

3. Insufficient internal communication amongst staff - Many times after I declined housekeeping, the ladies still tried to come in and clean the room. And some occasions where two different staff try to bring the same things to me twice...

My overall impression is very good, but the hotel feels under-staffed. I guess it would be understandable due to the expensive labor cost in North America.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank w2music
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
We thank you for your feedback and be assured that your comments have been noted with our Management team. We apologize for all inconveniences with Internet and we will promptly address this to ensure no recurrence for future guests.

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Lausanne , Switzerland
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great 3 night stay in nov. Big hotel downtown 100 ft away from the Bell Centre and very close to st. Catherine's street and crescent. Great pool and really good , deep hot tub with wicked jets. Bar is large with lots of TV to watch sports and it's a little pricey ....pint is 10cdn , glass of white is 16cdn, I guess is par for the downtown course.. Didn't eat in restaurants so I couldn't comment. Great view from Sheraton club on 27th floor( I think) I only visited to take pictures.

All in all great stay, will stay again.

Room Tip: High floor as usual for the views
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
LeCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
We are always very happy to read that our guests enjoyed their stay with us and we really appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay!
Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel, to me, is very reminiscent of the hotels that you find in Mont Tremblant (Tour des Voyageurs and Sommet des Neiges). It has very nice, spacious rooms, as you would expect.

I had a great stay at the hotel, but I was on the 18th floor and in the middle of the night I could still hear the noises of Montreal in my suite (not loud, but noticeable) It was an odd experience, to say the least. That being said, the hotel is two blocks away from the main shopping street, and the Bell Centre, so you are in downtown Montreal.

There is a little restaurant downstairs that serves really nice breakfast too, which is a bonus, but it's not included in the price of the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We thank you for your feedback, it's always very much appreciated! We do hope to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Montreal!
London
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Le Centre on a cold weekend in October. The location was wonderful as most of Montreal was accessible via underground passageway. (Be prepared to get lost at least once under there but that is part of the fun).

My room was a huge, ultra modern space with the most comfortable bed I have slept in for ages. It made getting up very difficult indeed. The bathroom was equally as large and clean. The towels were thirsty. The toiletries are excellent.

I didn't eat in the hotel but there are endless options within a few blocks. There is a also a Starbucks in the lobby.

The gym was excellent - all new equipment with views that made you forget that you were working out. The other high point of the gym, no pun intended was that it was never particularly busy which meant no waiting for machines. Always a plus.

Getting to the airport from the Sheraton Le Centre couldn't have been easier as the airbus runs from pretty much in front of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Your complimentary remarks are truly appreciated and we were happy to read that you truly enjoyed your overall stay; our Sweet Sleeper bed as well as our newly renovated Health Club!
We look forward to being of service to you once again in the future!