“Its a Starwood Property - you know what you are getting!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel

Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel
Ranked #44 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Wellingborough, UK
“Its a Starwood Property - you know what you are getting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have to admit, Starwood Properties are one of my favourite hotel brands. They start looking after you pre-stay with email contact providing useful information and in my case an offer of an upgrade.
The Sheraton in Montreal has large rooms, good amenities, great flat screen TV, the world famous "heavenly beds" and rooms that you will enjoy staying in.
The outside of the hotel is nothing to write home about, but inside, the grand foyer, with shops and boutiques on the lower floor, meetings rooms aplenty and on the same level as check-in and large bar and seating area which offers a great meeting place.
Check-in is the normal high Starwood standard, efficient, quick and friendly.
I was located the 35th floor and offered a small upgrade for $30 to a Club Room with access to Club Facilities.
Great space for working, some hors d'oeuvres, drink and a continental breakfast for the cost of the upgrade, well worth it.
Breakfast was great, a selection of pastries and muffins, cereals, juices, toast and jams, fruit and tea and coffee. Papers to read and plenty of great furnishing with views over Montreal second to none.
The room I had offered same view.
I was thinking of giving this a 5 star, but a couple of things stopped me. I had no big towels in the bathroom, was not sure if i should have, but i think they missed them.
The sink did not retain the water, it emptied because the plug did not seem to want to hold the water.
If i stayed longer i would have complained but for one night i let it go.
Location is good, close to shopping, Central Station, Bell Center and handy for Old Quebec.
Looking forward to staying again when in Montreal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
East Greenbush, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Sheraton Le Centre is right in the heart of downtown Montreal, just around the corner from the Basilique Reine du Monde. The Peel Metro station is three short blocks away. Shopping along Rue Sainte Catherine starts just one block away, with Centre Eaton and La Baie just a few blocks further. There are several nice restaurants in the area. Try out La Marinara just behind the hotel if you want some excellent Italian cuisine at a reasonable price. The elevators were quick. Our deluxe room was very comfortable with plenty of space to relax. The bed was just right and the plump comforter was a luxuriant bonus. One complaint is that the floor of the bathtub had air bubbles underneath; it felt like we were log rolling to stay standing in the shower. The other complaint is the cost of parking ($23/day) in the garage underneath the hotel. Try to get free parking as part of your room cost if you can.

Room Tip: Higher floors have wonderful views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gustavsberg, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

You cant say it is not downtown - it is! The rooms are nice but the sound from the fancoils is terrible, youll think youre close to an aircraft engine. The breakfast is really British, only the beans are missing, terrible and expensive. The spa is nice and welcoming, the lounge isnt. Go to Hilton Bonaventure instead.

• Stayed August 2013
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

A friend of mine booked this hotel for me through priceline I believe. We got the room for less than a hundred a night for sure which already included taxes. The hotel was great, still looks clean and new. Something you'd expect from Sheraton anyway. It's a pretty tall building and our room had a good view of the city, and it the Bell Centre was just around the corner. Comfort wise, it was great! nothing to complain about. I remember working out at their gym too which had up to date equipment, it was a good size for a hotel gym too and it wasn't too busy. Their indoor pool was smaller than I thought and it wasn't really deep mainly because they catered to families more often than others. Service was excellent. I didnt get to try out their food tho which I usually do in hotels at least once during the entire stay. But honestly if you're in Montreal, it would be a waste to spend too much on hotels. There's too many places to see, better places to eat at, clubs that I found better than Toronto's. I remember we got there thursday night, decided to hit a pub before crashing into bed and there were a bunch of people dancing on top of the pub's bar at 2am. Montreal people sure do know how to party better! So far I've never seen that happen in Toronto.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am writing a general review on Le Centre Sheraton Montreal as I have stayed there many times before. I usually head to Montreal 2-3 times per year to catch a hockey game and I must say this hotel is excellent. The location is in the heart of the city and the hotel staff are more than accommodating. Also, the rooms are very clean and the hotel is well maintained. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for either business or leisure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We got a deal on this hotel through Expedia secret hotels ($125 a night), and that was a great deal for this hotel. It was clean, modern, and was close to shopping on St Catherine's. The decor was nice and the staff was warm and helpful.
My only "complaints" are the parking fee $24 a day and that it is a bit of a walk from Old Montreal, but not super far. Saying that, I would def stay here again, especially at that price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Truro, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have stayed in my share of hotels and this is honestly the first bad review I've felt the need to write. My husband & I recently stayed here for 3-nights. We arrived an hour prior to the 3pm check-in time and the kind lady assisting us allowed an early check-in, even upgrading us from 2-dbls (only thing available when I initially booked) to one king. Off to a great start! Unfortunately, it went downhill from there. Upon entering our room (which was NOT recently renovated), it was clear that not much effort had gone into cleaning it. There was dirt on the carpet; white stains on the upholstered chair (gross!); drippings of some sort down the front of the dresser and closet doors; interior of closet was dirty; dusty & grimy bedside tables; and a filthy air conditioning unit which blew dust around every time it turned on. My husband went down to the front desk to let them know (nicely) that we weren't satisfied with the cleanliness of our room (another first for us). The 'gentleman' working the desk was ignorant, but finally agreed to have someone from housekeeping sent to inspect. A short time later the housekeeping manager arrived and we pointed out our concerns. I mean, if you can blatantly see an obvious lack of housekeeping standards, imagine what we weren't seeing. Her response was, "it's a good thing you don't have a black light" !? She did send someone to vacuum and change the chair, but the rest of the room stayed grimy. The next day we spent 8 hours walking around in the heat and were looking forward to getting cleaned up before heading out for the evening. When we got back to our room, it still hadn't been cleaned...at 6pm! We had already used both towels (one of which was stained) so we phoned to ask why no one from housekeeping had been here yet. Apparently, they clean until 8pm...alright, please send a couple of clean towels in the meantime. THREE phone calls later, we got our towels but no one ever did clean the room. The next day, we were absent from the room between 9am & 4pm...room STILL wasn't cleaned when we got back (thankfully we had requested extra towels the day before). Later that evening, when we were out, it was tidied up. However, our bed sheets had not been changed (btw, the pillows have no protective covers & mine was stained and there is no fitted sheet or mattress cover so every time you moved around, the mattress was exposed). I can understand not changing them after the first night, but they should be done on the second. It's not like this is a cheap hotel to stay at! Upon check-out we were not asked how our stay was (probably a good thing!) and as we had a few hours before our flight left, we were charged $3/bag to leave our stuff in a locked room. Really!? There is no free wi-fi (other than in the lobby)...isn't this standard nowadays? The only good thing I can say about this hotel is the excellent location and a friendly concierge...everything else was lacking. I adore Montreal and hope to return again & again...but it will most definitely NOT be to this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple