“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel
Ranked #47 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Houston, Texas
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Le Centre Montreal for 5 nights on a business trip. Check in was great the lady was polite and very attentive. I was offer free internet for the whole stay or 1 free drink every day at the bar cause of my Preferred Guest Level. I pick internet, but you can use the many computers in the lobby business lounge for free as well as WI-FI. My room had a great view of Mont Royale. The room especially the bed was very comfortable. Internet worked great and the bathroom was good. The indoor pool was very pleasant after a long day of work. There is a club lounge at the top floor with wonderful view to the city for guests who have access. The location of the hotel is great, on rue Stanley, walking toward St-Catherine there is some good Italian, Vietnamese and Japanese small restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Is Sheraton aspiring to be the new Motel 8? I stayed at the Montreal Sheraton recently. Problem one was that the carpet near the door was all soggy (presumably the previous guest flooded the bathroom). I didn’t notice this until the evening when a stain started to appear. I phoned housekeeping who offered to have me change rooms (by that time I was tired and had unpacked so this did not seem that attractive). We agreed that they would fix the problem the next morning, which they did. Then, when I returned to my room on day 2, I noticed that the handtowel had a bloodstain on it (I don’t think I had cut myself, so I’m puzzled as to where the stained towel came from). Then, I notice that there is dust-caked on the beside table and that the area in the corner near the lamp has not been cleaned. And, the window has some gunk attached to it (as if someone has sprayed soda over the window). I guess I could have complained, but given the pervasiveness of these problems it seemed to me as if these guys just do not care. If you’ve seen that TV program with the bald new Yorker where he advises failing hotels on how to turn around—my experiences felt like one of those episodes. The revolving doors at the front of the hotel seemed out of order for most of the trip and the service in the bar/restaurant was pathetic (one bartender seemed more interested in watching sports on TV than actually doing his job).

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Explorer126
Woodbridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I always trust the reviews from Tripadvisor, I booked Le Centre Crystal months ago as it was ranked as #6 at that time. As suggested by my friend from her recent stay, I re-booked a club room at Le Centre Sheraton with access to the club lounge on the 37th floor for a good breakfast. The staff there at the club lounge was so nice and friendly. Didn't have time to check the pool and fitness facilities. Le Centre Sheraton is so conveniently located by walking distance to nice restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel, very nice hotel, well placed to see all the local attractions. In the main the hotel staff were attentive and helpful as I would normally expect from the Sheraton however we were checked in by a member of staff chewing gum who made absolute zero effort to welcome us to the Sheraton Montreal - could do better!
I appreciate they were busy but so are the staff at the other Sheraton hotels I stay in around the world. Great room, clean and well presented. I am a big Sheraton fan but if this was my first contact with Sheraton staff then I am not sure I would go back!
I would recommend this hotel - make sure you bring plenty of money though!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
LeCentre, Guest services at Sheraton Le Centre Montreal Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. With regards to your check- in experience, we regret that we failed to offer you the service that you have every right to expect at Le Centre Sheraton Montreal.

Our goal is to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service and we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in more detail. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Warm regards.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had a fairly comfortable stay here, though the room was quite small. It was well appointed, but very impersonal and utilitarian. I will never understand why most hotels allow 2 adults to a room but have seating for only one. It wouldn't take that much to include another easy chair. We were on the club floor, so we could enjoy the amenities offered there - but when I saw the cocktail menu I decided to have water instead of a glass of wine, which woud have cost me $16! The staff were friendly enough, but not very outgoing or helpful in offering anything other than what was asked. Example: I asked about the closest metro stop because i wanted to go to the Notre Dame in Old Montreal. The concierge merely said I would have to take the orange line and vaguely indicated in a direction to show me where I would find the station, which he said was about two blocks away. No street name, no information about the schedule and fares.

The computer system was down in the hotel's only gift shop, so we could not purchase gifts there. Then there was a fire alarm in the elevator system, so the elevators were out of commission for about half an hour. The hotel is well situated if you want to go out for dinner or just do some shopping.

Room Tip: Do your onw research about the immediate area as regards restaurants and shopping, as well as transp...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Nice hotel, very helpful staff. The rooms were nice and clean--however, we did find our room a little small, having a young child and a playpen with us. Also, the bathtub was clogged, which was off-putting. The hotel bar is pleasant enough; however, they charged us $16.00 for a small glass of red wine! Ridiculous! Other than that, we would stay here again. The location is very good.

Room Tip: Don't have a drink in the bar! Ridiculously expensive!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Barrie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Walking distance to plenty of restaurants and things to do, top notch amenities, helpful staff.

Loved the cafe/bar area, as well as the internet area. Concierge was especially helpful in pointing out places to go and directions.

Great overall experience. Would stay again. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family