“Well Appointed Rooms”

Ranked #50 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Well Appointed Rooms”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

One can easily tell the rooms have been well maintained. They are spotlessly clean. The nightly Lindt chocolate bar is nice with turn down service. Elevators could use some work. The Eco-friendly air conditioning is not good. Warm every time you come into room. During the night impossible to get room below 70f 21c. Location good for nightlife and shopping.

Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at Sheraton in June for two nights. I picked this hotel as it is in a great location and only 2 minutes walk from my work. If you are staying in downtown, you will love Sheraton’s location. It has a very nice bar which is great for customer meetings or just relaxing after a busy day, but I wouldn't eat there as it is a bit pricey and quite honestly, there are many different places in downtown that you can pick from. Again, the hotel is really nice but I found it a bit odd that when I checked out and asked if they could keep my luggage for 2 hrs, they asked for $3 (separate from the tip of course)! I travel a lot for my job and except for this one time I have never been asked to pay for leaving my bag for 2 hrs! But hey, I guess there is always a 1st time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thornhill, ON
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Four nights in September at conference. Great attitude by staff. Very quiet and clean room with fairly worn carpet. Decent location. Conference facilities were crowded. Refreshments ran out without replenishment. Like the rest of this once grand city, this place is kind of tired.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton in downtown Montreal in mid-September 2012, on business.

Tjhe hotel is very close to the train station, shopping and restaurants.The view from the 33rd floor, where my room was located, was lovely, looking northwest towards Mont Royal. The building is very clean, the staff are friendly and my room was quiet (ie, no sounds from the hall).

The room I had held a closet (with iron, ironing board and safe), full-sized chest of drawers, desk (with additional plugs for a computer and printer), couch and coffee table, along with a king-sized bed. While not small per se, I was glad my spouse did not come with me because it would have felt crowded.

The bed was in excellent condition, and the linens were immaculate. The bathroom had ample towels, toiletries and a hairdryer. Two water bottles were provided daily, along with glasses and coasters.

I used the shower, and it worked well (ie, with sufficient water pressure).

The TV remote only worked if it was held two feet away from the TV. That is is not a problem if you do not watch TV, but if you are an incessant channel hopper, it means you cannot lie in bed and surf for programs. The room's lighting was excellent, however, and it was very comfortable to read in bed.

The room did not have the small refrigerator that is usually the norm in hotels across Canada. This meant in turn that while a coffee machine was provided, I could not buy cream/milk to have with my coffee or tea in the morning, or enjoy a chilled glass of wine after work. When I attempted to fill the room's ice bucket with ice (to chill the water bottles), the ice machine in the hall did not work. This meant room-temperature water throughout my stay - and as the air in the hotel is very dry, I went through both bottles in the limited time I was in my room.

High-speed internet is available in the rooms for a daily fee, but I could not send e-mails, only receive them. (This could have been my fault; the system demanded that I re-set my incoming and outgoing servers, and I did not know how as I have never had to do this before when I have travelled with my computer.) A small suite of computers and two printers is also available on the main floor by reception; these computers were very fast and while the printer declined to print more than 30 pages for me, when I asked the reception desk staff on Tuesday night at 10 pm to make 45 copies of a 15-page document, they were very cordial about it (although they forgot to call me when the job was completed, meaning I stayed up until almost midnight until I went downstairs to check).

While other rooms received the morning newspaper (Globe and Mail), I did not.

I did not have time to look for a restaurant in the hotel, but had breakfast in the bar on the main floor each morning. It offers coffee, fruit juices, danishes, muffins, croissants, bagels etc. (A bagel and small coffee cost just under $7.) The bagels were very fresh (and delicious - classic Montreal bagels); the coffee was Starbucks (not my preference, but caffeine is caffeine) and there was ample cream / milk / sugar etc.

The bill slipped under the door of the morning of my originally scheduled departure was incorrect (charging $1400 for what should have been around $400), and the amount had already been charged to the credit card. Although the front desk promised to correct this, the next morning (my stay was extended by one day) the same error was made (this time charging $1600 for what should have been around $600).

Provided you don't care too much about TV or cold beverages, and that you keep track of your actual bills, this is a good hotel for several nights' stay.

2 Thank ML9876_11
Toronto
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is not the best hotel you will find, but it is well located in downtown Montreal, and has decent restaurants, a nice bar, and great facilities for meetings and smaller conferences. Service is fine. Food is fine. And the hospitality is efficient but not overly friendly. Would stay again.

NYC
Reviewed September 12, 2012

No doubt, the location is great!
The hotel has been renovated and they are in process to complete all rooms, as I was told. The lobby is well maintained and feels welcomed. The front desk staff is friendly and courteous. Even though you can tell they are new, inexperienced and lack of certain knowledge, they have the right attitude with customers, with a smile.
I stayed on the club floor and the room is up to expectation, with cleanliness and nice decor. The only thing negative about the room is the funny noise coming from the recently installed AC unit below the window. The maintenance person examined and said that it's caused by the strong wind at high floor, and there might be a slit somewhere between the new AC & the wall. Nothing could be done. Fortunately, the strong wind did not last the entire night, and the new AC actually generated louder noise.
The breakfast at the club lounge is totally disappointing. First morning walking in, no one was at the entry. I was lost for 30 seconds and learned to seat myself. There was no hot food, not even scrambled eggs. Every basic breakfast, similar to what Holiday Inn Express has to offer. Empty plates did not get taken away. I assume they were not in a good mood, since I did not see any smiles or hear any greetings. The coffee and the host (2nd morning) stood out and shined.
During my 3 day stay, I was greeted with smiles by 5 supervisors/managers, but overlooked by over 20 other employees standing around the lobby and front entrance. Interesting experience at this particular Sheraton Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank legend2x
Albany, NY
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here with some friends over Memorial Day weekend. The Sheraton had a nice central location near shopping on Ste Catherine and close to many restaurants and cafes. Also nearby is Centre Bell if you plan to attend a Canadiens game. Although we didn't pay for wifi, they had a nice little free internet access area in the lobby that was handy.

Access to the metro was nearby as were also several churches and museums.
The concierge was helpful in picking out some nice places to eat. Despite the student protests that were going on that were thankfully mostfully peaceful when we visited, the area was safe and the hotel staff told us which areas to avoid.

Definitely would return here again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends