“Nice hotel, good value”

Ranked #48 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Albany, NY
“Nice hotel, good value”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here with some friends over Memorial Day weekend. The Sheraton had a nice central location near shopping on Ste Catherine and close to many restaurants and cafes. Also nearby is Centre Bell if you plan to attend a Canadiens game. Although we didn't pay for wifi, they had a nice little free internet access area in the lobby that was handy.

Access to the metro was nearby as were also several churches and museums.
The concierge was helpful in picking out some nice places to eat. Despite the student protests that were going on that were thankfully mostfully peaceful when we visited, the area was safe and the hotel staff told us which areas to avoid.

Definitely would return here again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here Labor Day weekend and found it to be more than accommodating. As others have written - good lobby / lobby bar - got some work done Day 1 while waiting for my friends to arrive (although used my own air card vs. the Wi Fi in the lobby) - elevators super fast - room big - views great! Location was perfect. We were on the club level so it was nice to relax each evening with some of the free hors de'vours (drinks not included). Breakfast looked - meh so you would be better served at Beauty's (renown/classic breakfast place in the Plateau area) or one of the other spots nearby (eggspectations is just down the street). Gym - excellent - better than most hotel gyms. Overall great experience for the money - food & drink are pricey in Montreal so you better conserve on hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LIC2009
dublin
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

As per title, it is a fab location and so easy to get around from. Recently gone through a refurb and it shows, the bathrooms and bedrooms are amazing! The sweet sleeper bed lives up to its name. One issue with the room though was that even though we were in the 21st floor we could hear the street traffic like we were on the 5th. Maybe a thicker glass pane could have been thought of during refurb? Would recommend and would return!

• Stayed September 2012
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night. The bed was very comfortable. The check in was easy. We used Ling @ Sheraton to print our boarding passes for our flight. The only thing that surprises me is that there is a significant charge for wi-fi. $14.75 per day. In this day and age, you'd think that it would be free. Sheraton needs to get on board.

Room Tip: This is a great location to easily access downtown Montreal.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lovettsville, Virginia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed for 3 days at the Le Centre Sheraton while working in downtown Montreal. Check in was a breeze and being a Starwood Gold member got a choice of 250 extra Starwood points or free Internet. I picked the internet. The room was a decent size and clean, with a large plasma TV, coffee maker, iron and ironing board and 2 bottles of free water. The bed was very comfortable with many pillows. The bathroom was very clean and good water pressure on the 27th floor. Ate at the bar/lounge once and the food was OK and a little pricey, normal in my experiences for a downtown hotel. Did not use the fitness area but heard come good things about it in the elevator. I would stay here again should I come to Montreal in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Rather than a cookie cutter hotel, they have a wonderful hotel lobby and bar that is trendy but not overdone. Similarly all of the rooms seem to have beautiful views and are recently renovated including new fixtures and furniture. Finally the gym and pool are above average and include several pieces of modern equipment, free weights and lots of treadmills and ellipticals. They could use complementary lobby internet and/or modernizing some of their lobby computers which are a bit slow.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel two nights in the beginning of August - 13 & 14. Service at the Front Desk was very poor. Front Desk agent (guy 50 or so y/o) was not welcoming, more then that he showed his embarrassment and impatience when I asked several questions during the check-in. Internet in that "4 star hotel" still a high-end service I guess, and they still charge for it!
When I was in my room and I had to call FD I realized that phone is not working, so I had to go downstairs again to ask for assistance. I came back and when I pulled out duvet - I was shocked to see my bed sheet - it was dirty. I called FD twice asking send someone to change it but it happened only after 40 min! When I finally was in my bed I tried to turn on lamp beside the bed and realized that it doesn't work as well - bulb had to be replaced. I had no desire to call FD again and wait for someone to show up, so I just gave up and fell asleep!

I left this comment for those who is planning to stay there and I'll make sure to tell all my friends not to stay there ever!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business