“Ok for 1 night or business traveller”

La Residence Du Voyageur
Ranked #147 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We stayed here for 5 nights in all. The staff were very friendly and helpful but the room was quite depressing. We didn't look forward to going back to the hotel to relax, as the room was dingy so stayed out all day! Would recommend for 1 night though.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 12, 2009

Nice little hotel with friendly people. It was fine for a one night stay. We would stay there again. Convenient for shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2008

small hotel with nice poeple,reasonable price.that's why we would like to recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank slavikdavid
Reviewed July 2, 2008

I had to go to Montreal on very short notice, and with a very tight budget. I don't remember how much I paid exactly, but it wasn't a lot. The room was adequate for the night that I stayed there; however, it was very small. I find the pictures on the website to be a bit deceiving. The stone in the background is not real, though that is not a huge deal. The rooms are very cramped, and the bathroom is so tiny that when on the toilet, my knees touched the underside of the sink (and I have short legs!). It was also difficult to close the bathroom door, since I had to sit on the toilet sideways, so I was thankful I had the room to myself. The halls and stairways are also very narrow. The man at the front desk was nice though. It was night time when I arrived, and he told me where to go for food, and told me which areas to avoid. He also held on to my luggage the next morning after I had to check out before my ride showed up. I did not appreciate that he charged me for everytime I picked up the phone though (a few times, I picked up and hung up again without even dialing, and I was even charged for that! The charges for that were very unreasonable too, very expensive!) If I am in Montreal on a budget again, though, I would consider staying here again. I just wouldn't be using the phone!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2008

nice small hotel with friendly front desk staff..........I would stay there again for sure.....

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2008

This hotel is very well located but is always full of TEENAGERS
BUS TOURS. My wife and I are over 50 years old and they put us in a room on a floor between one of those tour.We were the only ones out of the GANG.We COULD NOT SLEEP A SINGLE SECOND
that night due to the constant visit and door knock of our neighbors.
They visited each other all night and we are sure they were doing d..
I called the reception twice about the situation but without any results.We checked out early in the morning my wife being furious but the direction could not care less.NEVER NEVER AGAIN.
What an awful night.
Denysd2.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank denysd2
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I would say this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in on holiday and I am extremely fussy!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family