“BAD BAD BAD”

Ranked #148 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
canada
“BAD BAD BAD”
Reviewed July 2, 2008

This hotel is very well located but is always full of TEENAGERS
BUS TOURS. My wife and I are over 50 years old and they put us in a room on a floor between one of those tour.We were the only ones out of the GANG.We COULD NOT SLEEP A SINGLE SECOND
that night due to the constant visit and door knock of our neighbors.
They visited each other all night and we are sure they were doing d..
I called the reception twice about the situation but without any results.We checked out early in the morning my wife being furious but the direction could not care less.NEVER NEVER AGAIN.
What an awful night.
Denysd2.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — NO PEACE
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank denysd2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
chicago
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I would say this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in on holiday and I am extremely fussy!

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — room size
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2008

This place was terrible. Not only were the rooms dark and musty smelling, they also had bed bugs in the bed and and bathroom. We saw at least 2 or 3 crawling across our pillows when we settled down to watch TV and in the few hours that we had been there, two of them had found their way into our bags. We had only been there for 2 hours and decided to leave promptly after that. Unfortunately, we could not get our deposit back and they were not even going to refund us the money we had put down for the second night, but we brought front desk attendant up to the room and showed the boy all the bugs.

Despite the fact we had to dish out another $100 for another room, we were very lucky that we did not bring a critter home with us.

I would highly recommend AVOIDING this place. It's definitely not worth staying here to save a couple of dollars.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — +++Bed bugs; rooms dark and musty; elevators old and small - not accessible
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank ludavinci

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed November 12, 2007

Most of the time, reviews concern the room, amenities, etc. I'd like to give David the innkeeper kudos for being attentive to our needs...turned us on to some nice walking areas and even arranged for a car rental during Thanksgiving Weekend. The room was basic (we liked the openable door to get fresh air from outside) but clean, a block from Metro, and 20 minute walk from Vieux Montreal. Nice lounge for reading the paper and enjoying a croissant & coffee in the mornings. For under $90/day including tax, this is a good value and we'll be back.

• Liked — Location, Value, Host
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed October 31, 2007

I will not recommend this hotel to anyone! The room was incredibly small, as soon as the worker had my money he was unbelieveably rude. In the hotel room there was a box of rotting egg salad sandwiches left on top of the air conditioner unit on the window. When the worker (owner?) was told about this, he became very rude and thought I was trying to scam him, until he came back to the room with me and saw I was telling the truth. HE DID NOT REMOVE THEM, instead he slammed the door shut and locked it. He told me he would give me another hotel room and refund my first night only. I advised him I would like a full refund and would find another hotel, he became angry and extermely rude and told me not to write a bad review of the hotel.

The hotel was a dump. Even the sign outside the front was broken! I truly do not recommend this hotel! There is a much better hotel and not expensive just up the street!

• Liked — They gave me the refund
  • Disliked — The people that worked there, the room and cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank lmmair
pennywatcher
Reviewed October 18, 2007

Very cramped, double bed up against outer wall, accessible only from one side. Air Conditioner set in window at foot of bed, not properly sealed in window result an uncrontrollable cold blast of air over the bed all night through the gaps.
Toilet and shower in one unit so cramped that a slightly obese person could not possibly get in or manouvre around. Not soundproof, every move overhead audible.
We had just come from the Econolodge in Plattsburgh which was, by comparison, a paradise !
There must be better places than this in Montreal !
Couldn't take any photos for you, didn't have a close-up lens.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — icy blast through unsealed window
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
British Columbia
Reviewed May 21, 2007

On a recent visit to Montreal...I picked this small boutique hotel especially for the rate...I would not under any circumstances give this hotel any kind of a rating. Very small...and we had the largest room...walls paper thin...bedbugs...1/2 bathtub...dirty mattresses...windows that don't open and no air conditioning. Behind the bed it looked as though it has not been vacuumed ever. We were prepared to stay as it was just a place to put our heads down after being out most of the day...but...when the bedbugs appeared that did it!!. Not even worth the $117.00 we paid for it. We immediately left the next morning...6:30 am and went up to the Doubletree Hilton only a block and a 1/2 away. They were very accommodating and they gave us a great room for just a little more than at the Residence Du Voyageur. I would not under any circumstances recommend this hotel until they have cleaned up their act.

4 Thank disappointedandupset