1,334 results
All reviewsplace dupuisbusiness floordrug storeberri uqammetro linebit datedgreat view of the cityconvenient locationtwo double bedscatherine streetold citysupermarketprivilegesundergroundcanadachinatown
Reviewed December 22, 2009

My colleagues and I had to arrange a conference in Montreal and we found Gouverneur Place Dupuis through Easy Click web site. We liked the way it looked and the facilities were exactly what we needed, not to mention the price which was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank happytobetheone
Reviewed December 12, 2009

A friend and I went to Montreal for a shopping trip and booked a night at this hotel. I had stayed here before and loved it for it's location.
Reception was great, room was dated but clean with a great view of the city.
So we shopped till we dropped and looked forward to relaxing in the room, our feet were killings us so we ordered room service. The food was hot and very good along with the service.
After it was time to get some sleep. WELL !!! THAT SURE DID NOT HAPPEN !!! All night long a bunch of 20's partied till they dropped. It's like they were in our room. At one point I had to go down to security ( the reception desk button on our phone didn't work ) to either moves us or tell those people to quiet down. Security did go tell them to quiet down but they didn't . Needless to say both my friend and I had maybe 3 hours sleep and woke up very cranky. We had planned to shop some more but after that racket I just wanted to go back home to Ottawa.
The hotel is great. We just had a bad floor with loud idiots. As we left at 8:10am I saw both rooms had the PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB signs on their handle, well guess what , I removed them and hope they get woken up really early !!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dee1967
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We were very happy with our one night (weekend) stay. The purpose of our trip was to take teenaged daughters and their friends to the Biodome and go shopping etc. We availed ourselves of the P'tite Folie package, i.e. one room for $132 and a second at $39 -- hard to beat those rates!! Also the underground parking was only $16.50 which is decent for a large city. All in all, it was perfect for our purposes. It was well located in relation to the restaurants on St. Denis; the rooms were clean and comfortable (although not luxurious and the bathrooms not spacious but this didn't matter to us). Travellers from abroad mightn't have been happy with our view, but we weren't there for that either. The pool and exercise facilities were nice and we did use them (no hot tub, but a sauna). The check in and out were smooth with no waiting, although we observed that the line-ups ebbed and flowed. We had minimal interaction with the staff and didn't eat there, so we can't comment on these aspects. We didn't find the area particularly seedy, nor did we have trouble with pan-handlers outside or bedbugs inside. It was good, basic accommodation for a weekend trip and we'd definitely consider staying there again.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank fromourhouse
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I always stay at the Gouverneur Hotel when I go to Montreal. Although this time, when we came back late in the night and pulled away the blankets, we found the sheets covered in bedbugs.

I have to admit that the staff dealt with this pretty well and offered to wash all of our clothes and transferred us into an even better room.

I know this is a problem that happens often and the hotel is greatly located and very adequate for weekend getaways.

Breakfast buffet is too expensive and always cold. There are many great little restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank dennikseb
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We really liked staying at this hotel.

PROS:

- Front desk staff very friendly and helpful (and they don't mind speaking English too)
- Concierge staff also very friendly and helpful (stored our luggage for free)
- A lot of amenities (high-speed internet, 24-hour room service, pool, fitness all included)
- Nice rooms with beautiful views, soft towels and even a pants press!
- Convenient location. Close to the Berri-UQAM station.
- IGA (supermarket) attached to the hotel

CONS:

- Immediate area surrounding the hotel is quite seedy. We were approached by homeless people on multiple occasions.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wileyness