Checked into the hotel prior to my wife, found the check-in to be very efficient and quick. Got into the room, and found no immediate issues upon a very quick look into the room. My initial thought was that the hotel was in DIRE need of a renovation. It looked like something I had seen in a movie from the 70's.
My wife caught up to me, and was immediately hit on by a supposed member of the staff who requested to bring her bags up to her room in an extremely questionable manner. After waiting for someone to help her for a few minutes to find where the elevators were, she eventually found the location to the elevators, and then she started to check out the room.
What she found was the following:
1) Lamp without a light bulb in it.
2) Still water in the ice bucket.
3) Leg broken in the hotel room
4) Ripped sheet on the bed.
5) Hair in the bathtub.
Aside from this, the room really wasn't all that bad, but it was all the small things that accumulated in order to make it a less than desirable location. I am extremely glad I got the hotel at a discounted price, and am absolutely shocked that they advertise themselves as a 4-star hotel. Choose another hotel room if you have the option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gouverneur Place Dupuis is a 4-star hotel located in the heart of the vibrant Latin Quarter near Old Montreal. Our 352 rooms offer an ideal base for you to enjoy the city festivals, shopping and business meetings. Indoor swimming pool, exercise room, saunas and fine dining. Direct indoor access to the Berri-UQÀM Métro Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotels Gouverneur Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gouverneur Hotel Montreal