1,334 results
All reviewsplace dupuisbusiness floordrug storeberri uqammetro linebit datedgreat view of the cityconvenient locationtwo double bedscatherine streetold citysupermarketprivilegesundergroundcanadachinatown
Reviewed April 3, 2013

had to pay $20 for parking. The parking does not accommodate mini vans and suvs the roof is extremely low. You could park on the street for four dollars per hour. great location though. We did get to see a rap group the 90's. carpet needed changing. pretty dusty I would give it a one and a half stars.

Room Tip: Stay at hotel saint denis not too far away. Way better quality. cleaner.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wilfa P
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

City center location, close to a shopping center, has a pool, decent decor. Hotel is kinda outdated.. All in all it was ok. It's close to old Montreal, Chinatown, and good food. I would recommend it for a day or two.. It's in downtown so crimes are possible but that's anywhere right?

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Got a great rate on a room through Hotwire, and for the price, I wasn't expecting much. The hotel looks dated, and is a little shabby, but the staff was nice, and check-in was fast. The room was small and nothing fancy, but it was clean and we had everything we needed; even a little Keurig coffee maker. The bed was not the firmest, but okay. If you looked to right of the office tower next door, we had a nice view of Jacques Cartier Bridge. The wifi was easy to connect, and worked well. My only complaint was the paper thin walls. There was a lot of noise on our floor between late at night which made it hard to get to sleep. I'd consider staying here again; the hotel is in a central location and is very convenient to the metro, and shops below, all accessible without even going outdoors.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Its a very good location, enjoyed the stay, the hotel is old but, the rooms were not that bad. probably need a little renovation and the bathrooms could be cleaner. but overall good stay. The tv is very old, so could not really watch anything clearly. But you can take the metro to any where, and the hotel is located under many stores, very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Public transit tips below.

I stayed at this hotel for a three-day conference in March. I have stayed in quite a few hotels and I must say that this hotel must be the dirtiest I have ever seen. My colleagues and I do not care about luxury or 5-star hotels, but basic cleanliness and service is a priority. For example, the carpet and bed comforter were still dirty from the previous guest. The room was EXTREMELY dusty, the shower was filthy, and its drain was so slow that the bath filled almost half way during my 5-minute shower. I had to sleep on a cot because of the number of people in the room, which I had to fight for because nobody wanted to sleep in the bed. Furthermore, when I went to the bathroom, it looked like there were huge bugs all over the floor. (Don't worry, they weren't bugs after all, but the fact that all of us considered it as a likely possibility is a statement in and of itself). The location is good in terms of public transportation, but it is right in the heart of the Montreal student protest movement. It was suggested to us to stay in the hotel during the day to not get riled up in any trouble.

In brief: very disappointed, especially for over $130 a night for a regular room.

How to get there with public transit:
-Take metro to Berri-UQAM station (this is a connecting station, so you could take the orange line, green line, or yellow line, whichever is closest to you).
-There are many exits, so make sure you take the exit for Sainte-Catherine East.
-Turn LEFT out of the exit. You should be talking east along Sainte-Catherine E.
-The hotel is at the first street light. Big grey high-rise, you can't miss it. Corner St-Hubert and Sainte-Catherine.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business