$218
$181
$169
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

$246
Travelocity
$282
$264
1,304 results
All reviewsplace dupuisbusiness floordrug storeberri uqammetro linebit datedgreat view of the cityconvenient locationtwo double bedscatherine streetvisiting montrealold citysupermarketdeniscanadachinatown
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I am originally from Montreal and when I come back I like to stay downtown for at least one night. I booked this on Hotwire and unfortunately I was placed here which is a little far from where I wanted to be, especially in snowy, cold December..

The rooms are dated and definitely in need of a renovation. I can't comment much on the service as our only interface with the hotel staff was during check-in and check-out.

Overall this is a decent place to stay but not at all memorable and this is reflected in the price.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I am from Montreal and I often come back and visit. Everytime I do, I stay at this hotel. You can't beat the price or location. The rooms are clean, the views gorgeous, the beds very comfortable, and the floors quiet. The service is spectacular! I once had an issue, where my car broke down, and the manager worked with hotels.com to help me change my reservation. They are caring and compassionate, and dedicated to providing excellent customer service. Last time I was there, I asked for a fridge to be put in my room, and they did it easily, which was awesome because there is a supermarket downstairs (and a pharmacy next door), and I could buy delicious food and beverages, and store it there. You don't even have to go outside if you don't want to because it is connected to the subway and underground. Because this hotel is attached to a mall and the epicenter of the subway system (Berri), there is excellent shopping nearby, and you can get to anywhere in minutes. You are also right next to St. Denis street, and on the university of Quebec campus, so it is definitely centrally located, near the bus station, and on St. Denis, there is trendy shopping and delicious food and fabulous bars. I felt perfectly safe walking to my hotel late at night, and I love being connected to a mall and restaurants, so i can walk indoor when it is cold outside. This is a great, clean, safe, comfortable hotel, with excellent service and a wonderful location. I can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: higher up you get even better views of the city
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We arrived in the evening and left first thing in the morning, so I don't have much to say about the facilities. The service was prompt and professional. We had no problems getting a smoke free room and did not smell any smoke. It was a saturday night and there were several school groups so noise was a bit of an issue, but that calmed down about midnight.

The rooms are a bit dated, but clean and functional.

In the morning the area was full of homeless folks recovering from the night before. A single woman would definitely be uncomfortable. Even walking down the street the smell was significant. There is no need to go to the overpriced hotel breakfast. There are a couple reasonable cafes within a half block.

Overnight parking was $18, but we only paid about $70 for the room so overall reasonable value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nepean01
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a first class hotel without the pretentiousness of other "high class" hotels. For me it is a great location adjacent to the Latin Quarter and the most important transit centers of the city, both bus and Metro. The rooms were beautiful, the facilities excellent and the staff most helpful. I have stayed there many times and have always been pleased. Snobs may prefer the pricier places downtown or on Sherbrooke. For me this location is quintessential Montreal, a wonderful place with the whole world in one city.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Their management team are the worst. This can not be a 4 star hotel. No way. This can not be more than 1 or so star. I stayed in much better motels this this place. They dismissed my two daughters from their swimming pool because they did not have swimming suits!!! one of them was crying in front of the inexperienced lifeguard and he was just watching without doing anything!!! their management stuff are careless and do not give any care about the feelings of their customers. The room was very bad and not clean. I attached a photo for your reference. Save your money and time and book anywhere else. The front desk asked me when I checked out about my stay in the hotel and if I was happy. I told them I was not happy and it was my worst stay in a hotel in my life. His reply was simply a big laugh !!!!
Do your self a favor and stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel altogether!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family