1,346 results
All reviews place dupuis business floor drug store berri uqam metro line bit dated great view of the city convenient location two double beds catherine street old city supermarket privileges underground canada chinatown
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a first class hotel without the pretentiousness of other "high class" hotels. For me it is a great location adjacent to the Latin Quarter and the most important transit centers of the city, both bus and Metro. The rooms were beautiful, the facilities excellent and the staff most helpful. I have stayed there many times and have always been pleased. Snobs may prefer the pricier places downtown or on Sherbrooke. For me this location is quintessential Montreal, a wonderful place with the whole world in one city.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Their management team are the worst. This can not be a 4 star hotel. No way. This can not be more than 1 or so star. I stayed in much better motels this this place. They dismissed my two daughters from their swimming pool because they did not have swimming suits!!! one of them was crying in front of the inexperienced lifeguard and he was just watching without doing anything!!! their management stuff are careless and do not give any care about the feelings of their customers. The room was very bad and not clean. I attached a photo for your reference. Save your money and time and book anywhere else. The front desk asked me when I checked out about my stay in the hotel and if I was happy. I told them I was not happy and it was my worst stay in a hotel in my life. His reply was simply a big laugh !!!!
Do your self a favor and stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel altogether!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

my low rating directly reflects my aversion to cigarette smoke: secondhand smoke constantly pipes directly through the venting system regardless if you have the heat or fans off - so if you don't mind "hot-boxing" cigarette smoke and having smoke blown in your face while you sleep - your good; however, if like me, you have clearly requested a non-smoking environment, unfortunately, you won't find it here. Your clothes, even freshly washed will be fumigated with smoke.

11am - 5 pm and 11pm - 7am there is no pool/spa access. things like light fixture on/off work only at the wall switches, a weird inconvenience but do able. sounds like the fans are "on" even when you have them turned off... Ahhh!- detest the smoke!

there is a fairly inexpensive Lebanese restaurant that is open late for the awesome hungry fatigued traveler, 10% off for students as well ;) good location for walking and access to transit system.

Room Tip: get a room up high any direction but east, and you will have an excellent view. east facing rooms face directly into a highrise building next door.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

When I got this hotel in a bid on Expedia and came here to read the reviews, I got really, really worried. Actually, this place wasn't as bad as some of the previous reviews.

Location-wise, this hotel is in the Latin Quarter, not the nicest area to be in, but this is just typical of life in a big city. it boarders the centre-ville area and the shopping is really just a short walk away. Even while not connected to the major malls at the underground city, the hotel property is very well connected everywhere by the major metro station. entertainment centres and les palace des arts are just down the street.

At check-in, There was no discussion or recommendation of an upgrade being pushed on us as noted on previous reviews. The Room was a good size. As with other reviewers had mentioned, the decor and furnishings in the room were very dated. It's not a huge deal for me, as long as the room is clean. The rooms are showing some dating but the room was cleaned daily. No issues with sheets, towels etc. all were clean and the bathtub and bathroom area were cleaned daily.
Overall, great location, average rooms, nice value.

There is an IgA in the lower level for you to pick up items and there are also restaurants in the area. All attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 18, 2012

When I got this hotel in a bid on Priceline and came here to read the reviews, I got really, really worried. My previous bids on trips to Montreal were usually Hilton or Hyatt, but that didn't work this time. Actually, this place wasn't as bad as some of the previous reviews.

Location-wise, this hotel is in the Latin Quarter, not the nicest area to be in, but this is just typical of life in a big city and US cities are actually worse. The public bus 747 from the airport stops across from the hotel, and if you're not great with french, the bus driver will inform you if you tell him you need to get to the hotel at Place Dupuis.

The hotel is also a couple of blocks away from the bus station if you need to take the bus to Quebec/Boston/New York, which was a great base for me during this trip. Even while not connected to the major malls at the underground city, the hotel property is very well connected everywhere by the major metro station Berri-UQAM. Even though there didn't seem to be any noteworthy restaurants in the immediate surrounding area, the arts and entertainment centres (jazz club, concert hall, bars, etc) are a short walk away. I wish I'd realized this during the very brief one day I was there and gone to a concert or jazz bar in the evening.

At check-in, I was given an upgrade because the room meant for me was not ready. Now I'm not sure what the original one would have been like since I got a good rate on Priceline, but with the previous reviews I read, I was alright with the room I had, except for one thing. Anyway, there was a nice view of Montreal, including the Olympic Park from my room. Room was a good size, although the bathroom was kind of cramp. Having a bathrobe was also a nice touch. As with other reviewers had mentioned, the decor and furnishings in the room were very dated. It's not a huge deal for me, as long as the room is clean. But generally it was not really clean, made worse by one thing which I felt could not have gone unnoticed was the stain on the bedsheet, and it looked like it had been sticky before. (See picture) I didn't notice it until I lifted the pillow at night, but I'm sure if I were changing those sheets I would most definitely have seen it immediately.

Having said this, I am extremely particular about the cleanliness of linens, and many hotels are pretty careless about this as I have noticed. But still that stain was pretty bad!

Overall, great location, average rooms, nice value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo