1,334 results
All reviewsplace dupuisbusiness floordrug storeberri uqammetro linebit datedgreat view of the cityconvenient locationtwo double bedscatherine streetold citysupermarketprivilegesundergroundcanadachinatown
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My friend and I visited from out of town and booked this hotel through Hotwire. After reading reviews, we were hesitant of the quality of the hotel... but, upon arriving, we were greeted by a friendly smile and accommodating front desk. They were able to change our room to double bed (we were given a single queen sized bed by Hotwire), offer early check in, as well as late check out. Special thanks to Julie for great service!

While the hotel was older and the furnishings and decor dated, the beds were very comfortable with clean and soft sheets. The location is very central, being right on top of a metro station and 2 blocks away from the Greyhound bus station. If you found this on Hotwire, don't judge it based on some of the other critical reviews... overall, we were impressed by the hotel's combination of value, service, convenience, and comfort.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Arrived with my wife and 2 small children and was told that our room was a single king room.I was told there was nothing else he could do as hotwire rooms are booked as a block with whatever type of room the hotel wants .
He offered to speak with the manager to see how much to upgrade to a suite.
The Manager (Ramzi Ben Mansour) came out and offered us an excecutive suite at no extra charge.
We got to the suite and everything about it was perfect ,There was a view from the port to mont Royal.Amazing .We spent alot of time people watching out those gigantic windows...The housekeeping staff helped us set up the pull out bed and brought us extra pillows ,with a smile.Nice size pool ,the kids really enjoyed..
We will definitly be back.

Room Tip: top floors have graet views of the city
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I have stayed here before and was pleased and if I come to Montreal again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here. I was surprised to read of poor housekeeping problems because I have never encountered any problems. The buffet breakfast was fine. There is a shopping center connected to the hotel so you can purchase many items without even having to go outside which is very convenient if it's cold. I found the staff to be pleasant. The cost was very reasonable so we definitely got good value. There is a small gym which was sufficient and a clean pool, although it would have been nice if it was a little warmer

Room Tip: Higher floors are "business floors" and may be preferable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Do not stay here!!!! After staying for one night this March, two of our room guests now have bed bug bites all over our backs and arms!! The service was fine, room was a little dirty but the bed bugs are a definite deal breaker!

Room Tip: find another hotel
10  Thank sarah louise c
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We booked 6 rooms here through Hotwire for a group trip, arrived on March 14th for 1 night. I have used Hotwire on about 5-6 times before and have always found that the hotels supplied were easily at or above my expectations. Unfortunately, not this time...

I must first say that this is NOT a 4-star hotel as advertised. I believe if it were advertised as 3-star, I would be only slightly disappointed.

All 6 rooms which were booked were on the same floor, and all were booked as non-smoking double bed accommodation. I will simply list items of concern that were noted among the 6 rooms that were booked.

-one room had one of the beds and the box-spring leaning up against the wall (????)
-in 3 of the 6 rooms, the beds were not even made, some had bedding piled in the corner
-unbearable cigarette/cigar smoke smell in 2 of the 6 rooms
-in one room, one-third of the room has soaking wet carpet from leaking water
-at least 1 room had no pen/paper, no garbage can, NO TOILET PAPER (????)
-the shower heads were very poor, didnt work properly -the water came out like a firehose
-the faucet in one of the showers actually fell off when you tried to use it...
-rooms had windows left open and the heat turned completely off (it was 4c outside)

These were just the most obvious items in a long list of poor, smelly, strange and unacceptable items that we noted.

I obviously would not recommend this hotel, and I now have reservations about Hotwire. I intend to contact Hotwire to advise them that until this stay, they have exceeded expectations on hotel choices.

3  Thank OttawaJman1