“Great staff, clean, classy, friendly!”

Best Western Ville-Marie Montreal Hotel & Suites
Ranked #36 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great staff, clean, classy, friendly!”
Reviewed April 15, 2006

Fantastic location- literally seconds away from Rue Ste. Catherine and the nearest Metro stop.

Concierge, front desk were amazing- very accommodating, willing to put my luggage in storage for over a day no cost, very knowledgeable about tourist spots, how to get there, best eats, etc. etc.

Much classier than your typical best western. My room was 100% clean and very spacious and had a great view of the downtown district.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Reviewed February 2, 2006

I stayed at this hotel and found very nice. The price was reasonable and the service was great. The front desk and conceirge staff were extremly helpfull. I would definetly recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 21, 2005

OVERALL:

We stayed here in August 2005, about the same time as the previous reviewers. We booked somewhat in advance and did not have any issues getting a non-smoking room.

Our room was clean and there were no maintenance problems.

The lobby of this hotel is very nice, although it was a little more spread out / strangely configured than most hotel lobbies. The lobby had a very nice chandelier and fountain. There is a valet / concierge when you enter. It is definitely much nicer than your typical Best Western.

--------------------------------

WHAT WE LIKED:

The staff!!! The two staff, Peter and Rami were outstanding!!!! They bent over backwards to discuss sightseeing ideas, restaurants, directions and to make reservations for us. They were INCREDIBLY friendly and helpful. I received the type of service from them that I would expect at a five star hotel like the Ritz Carlton.

The location was great! It is located a couple of blocks from the Metro, it was very close to the top restaurants in the city and to the beginning of the shopping area. Since it was centrally located, a lot of the places we went were walkable to us (e.g., the old city), although some people who don't like walking may think otherwise.

There was a very nice Lebanese restaurant adjoining the hotel as well as a café. The restaurant seemed a lot nicer than restaurants in other hotels of this price range.

For what you received, you couldn't beat the price in Montreal. Just book far enough in advance with the understanding that depending on who/where you book it from, the price will vary dramatically -- you have to bargain hunt for discounts. We paid less than $125 / night.

-----------------------

WHAT WE DIDN'T LIKE:

During our stay, we happened to be across the street from the Omni hotel staff strike. Our room/window was facing the Omni Hotel. With that in mind, they were playing loud music and screaming through megaphones. Although they didn't picket late at night or real early in the morning, it was early enough to be our wake-up call.

NOTE: This is not the hotel's fault and there is nothing they could do about this.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed August 28, 2005

This hotel was the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. My friends and I had an exciting weekend planned in downtown Montreal. We had originally booked a non-smoking room. I guaranteed it using my credit card. When we arrived at the hotel, which was at about 2:30 am, we found out there were no non-smoking rooms available. The person at the desk told me that I did not reserve a non-smoking room. He then blatantly lied to me that he checked the reservation system. Because when I called Best Western, they checked and it clearly said NON-SMOKING. Anyways we had to settle for a smoking suite. We soon realized that the suite had a leaking ceiling. They told us they would work on the ceiling. In addition, the room was extremely musti and one of my friends had an asthma condition. Because of the smoke, she was not in the best shape. They then promised us another room. They explicitly told us that we could get another non-smoking room as a room had cleared up. But then when we got back to the hotel after a few hours, they said they had fixed the ceiling and that there were still no rooms available. The hotel did absolutely nothing for us. They couldn't move us to another room because the hotel was packed. For our troubles they gave us a $25 credit for the cott we used. In addition they gave us a complimentary suit cover that said Best Western. We were not impressed. We filed a complaint with the Best Western Customer Service. The general manager replied that there was nothing else he could do. The general manager explicitly told me "Sir we had to maximize our revenue that night."
Please do not stay here. This hotel doesn't deserve squat. They do not deserve to be licensed. They do not deserve to be standing on the ground they are on. In the end, Best Western Customer Service, gave us 2 free nights by crediting us Gold Crown Points. The hotel is independently owned so they can do whatever they choose to do to their customers. Best Western Customer service was even surprised at how poorly the hotel handled the situation. The general manager is simply not a nice person and has no feelings towards his customers. These are the plain facts. Email me if you have any questions or concerns about what happened.

12 Thank freq_flyer08
spain
Reviewed August 11, 2005

This hotel is very good located, the rooms are ok, the bathroom is ok. However the price per room is very expensive, I paid 370 $ for 3 nights.

My problems with this hotel, started when I went into my room. I asked for a non smoking room and I found my room terrible smoked. It smelt disgusting. I asked for another room, but they couldn't change my room, because the hotel was completed that weekend.

My first night was terrible. I ask the second night for new sheets and blanket, etc. They told me ok, but they didn't replaces them. On the top of all the street is very noise!

I don't spend too much time in the hotel, The only thing I want is a clean room, a good bed and silent. And I didn't get it from this hotel and I spend lots of money in it.

12 Thank anonima