“Worst hotel experience Ever!!!”

Best Western Ville-Marie Montreal Hotel & Suites
Ranked #36 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
toronto
“Worst hotel experience Ever!!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2009

Worst experience of my life!

I was threatened, mocked and treated badly by rude staff. Rooms were old fashioned. My experience was so bad that it forced me to call 911 after feeling very insecure after staff broke into my room. Manager Salem tohme is the most unreasonable man...and needs some customer service classes. Almost charged $100 for crushed popcorn on the floor until I decided to take on housekeeping job and vacumn the floor they said would take 45 minutes. Good location though. Would NEVER EVER reccomend to stay here uless you like unprofessional staff and haunting memories. Ruined my New years!!!!

• Liked — nothing! maybe the way they were able to get me physically shaking in fear
  • Disliked — Everything! especially the staff and their behavior
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Leduc, Alberta
Reviewed October 11, 2008

We stayed in the Best Western Ville Marie Hotel for six days. We had information about the Hotel from the AAA travel book. The Hotel is in an excellent location in the downtown area. It is within walking distance to numerous restaurants and entertainment areas. It is also within a block of a Metro station. Check -in and check-out went very smoothly because of a very courteous,friendly and efficient staff. During the course of our stay we encountered a problem with the cleaning staff. The problem was dealt with quickly to our satisfaction. The concierge staff was extremely helpful even though they were very busy at peak times.The room was spacious and the bathroom had above average amenities. The bed was very comfortable and had white duvet covers. While at the Hotel we needed access to a computer. We were allowed to use a computer with internet connections which was located in a private business centre room. We were most impressed with the Hotel and recommend it to anyone!!

• Liked — excellent staff
  • Disliked — We had nothing to complain about
  • Stayed September 2008
Stratford
Reviewed September 9, 2008

Currently in the midst of our North American vacation and having such a lovely time that we thought we would start writing about our journeys.

One of the stops on our tour was the Ville Marie which is part of the Best Western chain. We were not too familiar with this franchise as they are not too large where we are from, but we had to admit that it was simply a charming property with an abundance of European influence. As it was our first time in Montreal we were ever so grateful for the aide which the staff provided. The location was quite handy for us to walk everywhere and the maps made available to us by the staff were most helpful.

There was a restaurant in the hotel, however we only used it for breakfast, and we chose to have our dinners in the city and experience the local culture. Again, the service of the hotel was most kind to recommend places to dine. As we spent most of our time touring, we did not spend much time in the room, but can assure you that they were clean, comfortable and quite affordable. The Ville Marie certainly started our trip on the right foot.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lukester28
Vancouver
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I am not sure how this "Hotel" got its rating of 3 stars (although it says 4 stars on a plague in the lobby). I would say it's more like a 1 star motel. The service was very good and they are really doing their best with what they've been given, but my God, it's time for an update to the rooms!! My room was tiny, dank, outdated and had a dirty feeling (I kept my shoes or socks on the whole time). There was no remote control for the T.V., the mini bar had been removed and I read somewhere else that you had to pay to have them bring it back, you have to get up to turn the lights off, the wall paper is ancient and the carpet is old and faded. Now, to the disturbing part, they don't have fitted sheets on the bed, resulting in me waking up in the morning with my face directly on the mattress, I would imagine purchasing some fitted sheets would be a rather inexpensive, somewhat hygienic investment and I actually read about this before going, but hoped that it wasn't true. I wrote a note to housekeeping to please tuck the sheets in the following night and they managed to tuck 3/4 of them in, a small achievement!! The next night, just as I was putting my head down on the pillow, I noticed a blood stain that was not mine, truly gross!! The hotel is in a great location and Montreal is fantastic, but for the price, you can do much, much better.

• Liked — The cafe
  • Disliked — The rooms!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 5, 2007

In a word, i would give this hotel an "Eh"...the location is unbeatable however. Located just north of Rue St. Catherine, this hotel is far enough away to not have millions of people around all the time, but close enough to everything to feel like you're in the thick of it. Close to a metro, dining, shops, and museums this location couldn't be better. Unfortunately however, the conditions were sub par. The Room was fairly clean but the bedding situation was unusual. There were no sheets on the bed, they expect you to use the spread (dirty) to sleep on. There was only one pillow on the bed and after searching found the other in a bag in the closet. The shower was the best part of the room and offered great pressure and temp control. I read other reviews of this hotel before booking and people were complaining of the air conditioning situation...or lack thereof, which is entirely true. The room on a hot summer day was muggy and not comfy to sleep in and the air conditioning didn't work at all. All in all, if you don't expect much from a one night stay or a similar circumstance then this is a fine place to stay, otherwise i would search for other options.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of air conditioning
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jinca
Guelph
Reviewed July 29, 2007

We stayed at this hotel and I have to say it was horrible.They made us pay for a movie we didn't see, the room was dirty and in desperate need of a renovation and when we ordered room service it took 45 minutes to come.When I talked to the manager about our problems he basicly ignored me put it down to my being a woman.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank GuelphMarlene
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2007

I just got back from a stay at the Best Western in Montreal for the Jazz Festival. The hotel was very nice, great comfortable beds, large rooms. The location of the hotel is also great, right downtown near some great shopping. However, the best part of the stay was the AMAZING service provided by our concierge - Rami. I have been to Montreal often and have stayed at a lot of different hotels, but this is the first one where the concierge has gone out of his way to make sure our visit to Montreal was truly enjoyable.

• Liked — The concierge
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends