“Great hotel in the city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Ville-Marie Hotel

BEST WESTERN Ville-Marie Hotel
Ranked #30 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto
“Great hotel in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel is well kept and very clean. The staff is professional and helpful. It is located a walkable distance from VIA Rail Central Station (or a short taxi ride) and only two blocks away from St Catherine Street for dining, entertainment, and shopping at the end of the day. I have stayed at this hotel several times and this is now my go-to hotel whenever I am in the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank WestCoastCityBoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have just returned from a one week stay at this hotel. It was chosen because my niece got married across the street at a venue and other family members were staying here as well. The staff at the desk were courteous and very polite. The lack of internet/wifi was a joke. It was obvious that the system needed to be revamped. I would consistently call the desk for help and sometimes I was advised that the technician was out for the day (???) and I should call back later - or just-sorry ....should not advertise that there is any internet. The hotel needs serious updating, as a matter of fact, one one occasion one of my towels had holes in it. Come on now this is embarrassing - towels are not expensive. My first room was smelly and dungeon like - dark with absolutely no internet connectivity. They agreed to change my room - to a larger somewhat lighter room that had really bad internet connections. So.....if you need internet do not - I repeat - do not stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Jean H
BWVM, Manager at BEST WESTERN Ville-Marie Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
In an ever fast increase in number of devices carried by guests staying in hotels and new technology with kind of antenas used in laptops, cellular phone , Ipads ... all wifi systems in hotels can face weakness of signals in some areas. We are in constant process of upgrading and replacing access points so we like to reassure you and our Wifi users that the project is in progress.

As for the one towel that you found with a hole, it is clearly an isolated oversight that does not reflect any lack of quality towels or shortage of inventory.
Oostduinkerke, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Hotel manager, check in people, valet parkers, you are doing just great. Location is excellent and the room size is more than acceptable. However, there is no denying that your hotel really needs to be upscaled. Carpet and curtains are in need of replacement and lots of fresh paint could not hurt. Luckily the staff largely compensates for this, except for 1 housekeeper. We returned at 4.30 p.m. and our room was not cleaned by then. While entering our room we saw the houskeeper who asked us if it was necessay to clean our room. YES is the only answer but the question should not have been asked.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Best nights sleep of my two week holiday in USA and Canada, clean, comfortable beds, roomy and quiet, no complaints, very nice hotel. Downtown, right next door to the shopping quarter with lots of shops and eateries and close to underground stations and underground shops. Recommended, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the better, there is a lot of traffic in Montreal.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JGM1950
GPW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We spent one week in 2 rooms at the hotel this summer. Besides the location, the hotel is an excellent value for the money. The rooms are spacious and clean. The halls updated and the staff is friendly and very helpful. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PBdeB
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I recently spent four nights at the Best Western Ville Marie. Over all, we found that the hotel was a good value.

LOCATION: Hard to get much better then this. Right on the corner of Sherbrook and Rue Peel. The subway is right down the block. The Maissoneuve bike lane is also right down the block. It is down the hill from Mont Royal Park. It is next door to McGill. The major shopping street of St. Catherine is two blocks away. It is walking distance to the Latin Quarter, the Plateau and many museums and stores.

THE ROOM: First of all, the room was extremely clean [and my wife really notices such things.] It was a decent size and we had a view of Mont Royal. Our room had a comfortable bed, large flat screen TV, desk area and a sitting area with a small table and two chairs. The bathroom was small but adequate for the purpose. Plenty of space for two people and my bike. There would also have been room for a third with a portable bed. The free internet worked without any problems.

The only downside was that the decor was a bit drab and dated. Lots of brown and beige. Phones from the Pierre Trudeau era. The carpet did seem new. Could use a little sprucing up. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination. Just sort of dated.

SERVICE: We requested a room on a high floor with a view of Mont Royal - and that is what we received. The staff was very accommodating to our various requests. More towels. More cups. A knife [to cut bagels from Viateur]. Everyone was courteous and pleasant to deal with.

PARKING: $25 per day. You call the desk, wait ten minutes and your car appears. When you come back, you drop the car off with the valet and walk away.

CONCLUSION: There are clearly fancier hotels in Montreal. But for the location, the price, the quality of the room and the excellent service, Best Western certainly provided good value.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a high floor, away from the elevators and facing the park. That is what we r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BrooklynMel
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was a guest at your Ville Marie Best Western on August 28th – 30th, 2013. The accommodations were more than comfortable and the price was reasonable. What was most outstanding was the caliber of service that I received not only from the front desk personnel but also from the housekeeping staff. However I would like to mention that what I found to be truly remarkable was the graciousness of the General Manager, Mr. Rafik Zikry.

I am from Winnipeg; I have a child going to school in Montreal. I and my family will be visiting many times through the next several years. You can be assured that the Best Western Ville Marie will be, as Mr. Zikry suggested, “Our home away from home.” My compliments to all involved for running a first class organization.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family