Best Western Ville-Marie Montreal Hotel & Suites
Ranked #36 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Hotel manager, check in people, valet parkers, you are doing just great. Location is excellent and the room size is more than acceptable. However, there is no denying that your hotel really needs to be upscaled. Carpet and curtains are in need of replacement and lots of fresh paint could not hurt. Luckily the staff largely compensates for this, except for 1 housekeeper. We returned at 4.30 p.m. and our room was not cleaned by then. While entering our room we saw the houskeeper who asked us if it was necessay to clean our room. YES is the only answer but the question should not have been asked.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Best nights sleep of my two week holiday in USA and Canada, clean, comfortable beds, roomy and quiet, no complaints, very nice hotel. Downtown, right next door to the shopping quarter with lots of shops and eateries and close to underground stations and underground shops. Recommended, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the better, there is a lot of traffic in Montreal.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JGM1950
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We spent one week in 2 rooms at the hotel this summer. Besides the location, the hotel is an excellent value for the money. The rooms are spacious and clean. The halls updated and the staff is friendly and very helpful. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PBdeB
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I recently spent four nights at the Best Western Ville Marie. Over all, we found that the hotel was a good value.

LOCATION: Hard to get much better then this. Right on the corner of Sherbrook and Rue Peel. The subway is right down the block. The Maissoneuve bike lane is also right down the block. It is down the hill from Mont Royal Park. It is next door to McGill. The major shopping street of St. Catherine is two blocks away. It is walking distance to the Latin Quarter, the Plateau and many museums and stores.

THE ROOM: First of all, the room was extremely clean [and my wife really notices such things.] It was a decent size and we had a view of Mont Royal. Our room had a comfortable bed, large flat screen TV, desk area and a sitting area with a small table and two chairs. The bathroom was small but adequate for the purpose. Plenty of space for two people and my bike. There would also have been room for a third with a portable bed. The free internet worked without any problems.

The only downside was that the decor was a bit drab and dated. Lots of brown and beige. Phones from the Pierre Trudeau era. The carpet did seem new. Could use a little sprucing up. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination. Just sort of dated.

SERVICE: We requested a room on a high floor with a view of Mont Royal - and that is what we received. The staff was very accommodating to our various requests. More towels. More cups. A knife [to cut bagels from Viateur]. Everyone was courteous and pleasant to deal with.

PARKING: $25 per day. You call the desk, wait ten minutes and your car appears. When you come back, you drop the car off with the valet and walk away.

CONCLUSION: There are clearly fancier hotels in Montreal. But for the location, the price, the quality of the room and the excellent service, Best Western certainly provided good value.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a high floor, away from the elevators and facing the park. That is what we r...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrooklynMel
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was a guest at your Ville Marie Best Western on August 28th – 30th, 2013. The accommodations were more than comfortable and the price was reasonable. What was most outstanding was the caliber of service that I received not only from the front desk personnel but also from the housekeeping staff. However I would like to mention that what I found to be truly remarkable was the graciousness of the General Manager, Mr. Rafik Zikry.

I am from Winnipeg; I have a child going to school in Montreal. I and my family will be visiting many times through the next several years. You can be assured that the Best Western Ville Marie will be, as Mr. Zikry suggested, “Our home away from home.” My compliments to all involved for running a first class organization.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Family_Man2219
Reviewed September 1, 2013

See the attached picture; the dark curtains do not go any further! As my room was facing the Hotel Omni, I could observe those who did not close their curtains from my window (and they could presumably see my activities all day long). Another issue is the sound isolation, it is an embarrassment. It wasn't very hard to hear what was going on in other rooms. As well, the air conditioners make annoying sounds when the thermostat is turned and there are often annoying sounds emenating from the washroom. While quite clean, reasonably priced, and located in a very good location, you should not stay at the Best Western Ville-Marie if your privacy is important to you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank L C
BWVM, Manager at Best Western Ville-Marie Montreal Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear guest,
The privacy of guests is a basic top priority in all hotels and we definitely abide by that rule.
We are embarrassed reading your comments and find it unfortunate that you are explicitly saying you will neither come back nor recommending any other guest use us.
After checking the picture you attached we noticed the blind was simply not pulled down as it is supposed to be.
The decorative side panels do not close. We honestly never had to explain that procedure in the past.
In your future stays ,we suggest you call and inquire before making such reviews putting doubt about any hotel operation common sense.
Thank you.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel is definitely older, the rooms are very simple but have lots of space. The customer service is outstanding I could not ask for better service. The food in the restaurant is OK. The bed is really comfy!

• Stayed: August 2013