“Excellent stay, warm and welcoming staff”

Best Western Ville-Marie Montreal Hotel & Suites
Ranked #38 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent stay, warm and welcoming staff”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed here for a conference May 23 to 27 2013. My wife and 3-month old baby accompanied me. Playpen put in room and staff went out of their way to help us. Richard at the front desk, and Carlos the Valet clearly love their jobs and went out of their way to be helpful. After checking out from a great stay I promised General Managers Rafik Zikry that I would be returning soon.
My car got hit by a taxi on my way out of Montreal and we decided to stay another night at the hotel. On hearing the news they gave us a rate even lower than the conference rate and put us in one of their nicest suites. Rafic called me to see if there was anything he could do and even offered to get us a discount on a rental car if we decided not to drive our damaged car around Montreal. I have stayed in hotels of various quality levels on four continents and rarely have I felt as welcome as I did at the Best Western Ville Marie.
Congrats to Rafik Zikry and his team for running a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked this hotel for a bachelor party in Montreal. It was located in walking distance from a lot of bars, restaurants. The hotel was cleaner and nicer than expected. The rooms were a good size my only issue was if you take your car valet will take 20 + minutes to get your car since they use an off site parking facility.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve N
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Say hello to Richard on the front desk as this guy seems to really love his job. Richard is a great ambassador for Montreal & is in the know about what to see & do. The room was great & fairly priced clean & well appointed. Decent breaky in the Hotel restaurant as well --really super crispy bacon --mmmmm

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kruisland, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We visited the BEST WESTERN Ville-Marie Hotel & Suites in Montreal during our trip through Canada and the U.S.A. by car. Since we arrived by car it was very that we could use the valet parking service.

We had a standard double room at the hotel, but weren't really statisfied about the room. The room was very dirt with alot of spiderwebs, and all of the equipment in the room was old.

We only stayed one night, but if we could chose we'd chose another hotel next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ErikvanTurnhout
BWVM, Manager at Best Western Ville-Marie Montreal Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Recently, Market Place a CBC TV program, ran a story on hotel cleanliness featuring six chains ,cross Canada ,which ranged from budget to luxury brands including our hotel. The undercover reporters and their research team conducted tests in 54 hotels and it is with great pride that Best Western Ville-Marie received the highest score on cleanliness in hotel rooms.
We usually do not like to reply to reviews as it is supposed to be a free platform that hopefully reflects the truth.
Your review is just false accusations , our records are showing you stayed in July 2012 and no complaints were ever logged . We are perplexed , disappointed and questioning what fueled your false statement 9 months after your check out
We are very proud with our rigorous cleaning standards as well as our numerous guests compliments.
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stay at this hotel due to my business. I travel to Montreal at each week. The reason for a choose this hotel is : very close to the train station, subway, downtown, quick acces to a lot of restaurants, bars, commercial street (Ste-Catherine). The bed is very comfortable, the room is quiet at night. No complain about the heating,cooling,water,wireless,tv. The personnel is welcoming. The room is all clean, floor, bathroom.
I recommand full this hotel. The price is correct. I appreciate my exprerience and return at my next trip in Montreal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Due to my business I travel to Montreal several times a year and I always chose this hotel for my temporary residence (I usually spend 5 days in the City).
Reasons: very close to the green subway line, right in the middle of downtown Montreal, quick access to a lot of restaurants and bars of all choices, yet at the same time quiet at night.
It has clean rooms, never had any complaint about the heating/cooling/water/wireless/TV and the personnel is welcoming, friendly and always ready to help.
Prices are very affordable considering its top location.

Room Tip: If you like to have a quieter room, ask for higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank floring55
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here last weekend with my friends and had a relatively enjoyable experience. We had all just finished exams and drove from Toronto for the weekend. The best part about our stay would have to be the clean, spacious room and closet space with a large sliding mirror and the friendly and helpful valet service (which I would expect for $25/day on weekends). There was also a noisy fan in our room and the shower pressure was weak. I found the front reception staff were cordial enough, but also somewhat reserved. The hotel is also well situated near shopping and restaurants, but the service wasn't so great or memorable that I would return again.

The power was also out when we came back for the night so we had to walk up several flights of stairs. I'm sure this was a rare occurrence, but as I was sitting in the lobby waiting for my friends the way the on-duty manager was addressing other guests was kind of curt and me me uncomfortable. I would say the front reception service varied, but aside from that night manager the service was pleasant, but not overly courteous or memorable.

Side story: Our rental car was broken into when we parked it near Mont Royale and the front staff were helpful in recommending a window repair place to take that we could go to the next day, but that garage was closed so was pretty disappointing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends