“Great staff- Helpful & warm”

Best Western Ville-Marie Montreal Hotel & Suites
Ranked #35 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Say hello to Richard on the front desk as this guy seems to really love his job. Richard is a great ambassador for Montreal & is in the know about what to see & do. The room was great & fairly priced clean & well appointed. Decent breaky in the Hotel restaurant as well --really super crispy bacon --mmmmm

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Ville-Marie Montreal Hotel & Suites

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We visited the BEST WESTERN Ville-Marie Hotel & Suites in Montreal during our trip through Canada and the U.S.A. by car. Since we arrived by car it was very that we could use the valet parking service.

We had a standard double room at the hotel, but weren't really statisfied about the room. The room was very dirt with alot of spiderwebs, and all of the equipment in the room was old.

We only stayed one night, but if we could chose we'd chose another hotel next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ErikvanTurnhout
BWVM, Manager at Best Western Ville-Marie Montreal Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Recently, Market Place a CBC TV program, ran a story on hotel cleanliness featuring six chains ,cross Canada ,which ranged from budget to luxury brands including our hotel. The undercover reporters and their research team conducted tests in 54 hotels and it is with great pride that Best Western Ville-Marie received the highest score on cleanliness in hotel rooms.
We usually do not like to reply to reviews as it is supposed to be a free platform that hopefully reflects the truth.
Your review is just false accusations , our records are showing you stayed in July 2012 and no complaints were ever logged . We are perplexed , disappointed and questioning what fueled your false statement 9 months after your check out
We are very proud with our rigorous cleaning standards as well as our numerous guests compliments.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stay at this hotel due to my business. I travel to Montreal at each week. The reason for a choose this hotel is : very close to the train station, subway, downtown, quick acces to a lot of restaurants, bars, commercial street (Ste-Catherine). The bed is very comfortable, the room is quiet at night. No complain about the heating,cooling,water,wireless,tv. The personnel is welcoming. The room is all clean, floor, bathroom.
I recommand full this hotel. The price is correct. I appreciate my exprerience and return at my next trip in Montreal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Due to my business I travel to Montreal several times a year and I always chose this hotel for my temporary residence (I usually spend 5 days in the City).
Reasons: very close to the green subway line, right in the middle of downtown Montreal, quick access to a lot of restaurants and bars of all choices, yet at the same time quiet at night.
It has clean rooms, never had any complaint about the heating/cooling/water/wireless/TV and the personnel is welcoming, friendly and always ready to help.
Prices are very affordable considering its top location.

Room Tip: If you like to have a quieter room, ask for higher floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank floring55
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here last weekend with my friends and had a relatively enjoyable experience. We had all just finished exams and drove from Toronto for the weekend. The best part about our stay would have to be the clean, spacious room and closet space with a large sliding mirror and the friendly and helpful valet service (which I would expect for $25/day on weekends). There was also a noisy fan in our room and the shower pressure was weak. I found the front reception staff were cordial enough, but also somewhat reserved. The hotel is also well situated near shopping and restaurants, but the service wasn't so great or memorable that I would return again.

The power was also out when we came back for the night so we had to walk up several flights of stairs. I'm sure this was a rare occurrence, but as I was sitting in the lobby waiting for my friends the way the on-duty manager was addressing other guests was kind of curt and me me uncomfortable. I would say the front reception service varied, but aside from that night manager the service was pleasant, but not overly courteous or memorable.

Side story: Our rental car was broken into when we parked it near Mont Royale and the front staff were helpful in recommending a window repair place to take that we could go to the next day, but that garage was closed so was pretty disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My daughter and I were driving back from Halifax (to Toronto) and stopped off to visit my son at McGill. This is a fantastic location (all of the other buildings on the block were McGill buildings - so you can't get any closer!) I wish we had stayed here before, but, at least, we're coming back for Adam's graduation ceremony next month! We are definitely returning here! There is valet parking; staff was great; room was very clean and nicely decorated; very large bathroom. Two minor things; the mirrored sliding closet door was off track. The two desk chairs in the basement office room (free internet) were a bit flimsy. Might want to replace those. This is a gem of a hotel. I will definitely recommend it to friends who plan to visit Montreal.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The staff are excellent at this hotel. As well it is very clean and well kept with a very pleasant siotting area and dining area and coffee shop. The location is excellent very close to the shopping district and the Metro.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back overlooking Mont Royal are away from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business