Best Western Ville-Marie Montreal Hotel & Suites
$323
$307
Orbitz.com
1,401 results
All reviewsrafik zikrylebanese restaurantgreat locationmcgill universityvalet parkingthe general managerrue peelpeel metro stationwalking distancefront desk staffbeds were comfortabledowntown hotelmount royalvalet serviceroom was largegreat roommini fridge
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Central hotel close to downtown. In walking distance of shops and restaurants. large rooms and very comfortable large beds. Free wi fi a bonus.

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank Theresehols
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Due to a sudden death in the family, I had to go to Montreal for a funeral. I called from NY and spoke with Rami and told him of my situation. IMMEDIATELY, Rami offered me a "distress rate" and a brief description of the room. When I checked in I was treated as though I was a frequent visitor to the hotel. I was shocked, stunned and in awe when I went into my room. It was as though I was in a palace suite! I could not believe what a wonderful room I had!
The entire front desk staff were more than professional, they made me feel as thought we were friends for a long time. Rami, Danny, Elisabeth, Andrea, James (plus others whose names I have not remembered) are great people. Mangala (of the resturant) took care of me as if we were old pals. The maid who serviced my room was excellent.
This Best Western is at a great location. The bus is right out front and the Metro a block or so away. Lots of shopping and resturants just down the block. Coming from NY, it had a 5th Avenue feel but with MUCH more nicer and civilized people.
The only down side is that the entire hotel is a non-smoking hotel. Having to go stand oufront to have a cigarette was a bit annoying. There should be a designated smoking area to accomodate us smokers.
If I ever have the opportunity to return to Montreal (under happier circumstances), I will stay at the Ville Marie Best Western. With the exception of a microwave oven, it has all the amenities of home.
Rosie R :)
P.S.
Please do something to accomodarte us smokers.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Rosie R
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Stayed here for almost an entire week for a debting tournament (National Championships), and was very impressed how the staff accomodated us the entire time, I think our group virtually had every room booked, as there were hundreds of debaters and coaches and parents from across Canada. I personally had one glitch - I arrived to a broken bed, but upon reporting it, maintenace came up straight away and reparied it immediately while I went for lunch. No problem at all. Everything else was smooth sailing. I would recommend this hotel for any teachers traveling with students, and plan to use it again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Jordan B
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I had a terrible experience at the Best Western. You SHOULD NOT stay at this hotel, as there are many other affordable options in the area (i.e. the Delta and Holiday Inn).

First, we reserved one junior suite room which cost over $200/night. DO NOT book this type of room. It is more expensive than normal rooms and is actually way smaller. A room with two double beds is cheaper and bigger. The junior suite was a total rip off.

Second, we were woken up by construction drilling into the side of our room at 9:00 AM on our first morning. The hotel staff did not inform us in advance that construction would be taking place. They were very rude to us when we called to complain and originally only offered us a free breakfast as compensation (After hours of haggling, and multiple visits downstairs they reduced our rate for only the last 2 nights, but not the first night).

Third, the rates the hotel advertises DO NOT include taxes - so whatever rates you see add around $35/night. Most other hotels include taxes in their advertised rates.

Fourth, our room was only cleaned one time over the 3 nights we were there. Also, our room had a broken TV which the staff failed to fix despite the fact we asked them multiple times to fix it.

Fifth, the staff was very rude to us in general. Every time we approached them with a problem we were treated as villains. I understand that sometimes things go wrong with a hotel, but when these problems are recognized they should be dealt with in a professional and respectful manner. This was not the case at the Best Western. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank Robert F
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel situated in the heart of downtown Montreal. The rooms were always made in the mornings by the housekeepers, who did an amazing job. The rooms are nice and spacious with elegant furniture. The service in terms of the food at the restaurant was remarkable! Wine was served - my glass was NEVER empty. The staff are so friendly and very welcoming. The ambience of the hotel is very classy, clean and comfortable. I give this hotel my highest recommendation as it is not onl conveniently located near the Shopping district and club zone, but also one of the best experiences you can have staying away from home!

Room Tip: Every room would be comfortable since they are spacious. :)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business