“Great central location in very good hotel”

Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa
Ranked #61 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here overnight when we were in town to see a hockey game. The location was great as it was between the arean and St. Catherines St which is a main street in Montreal for shopping and restaurants. We walked almost everywhere we went.

Be aware that the parking across from the hotel is $25 and is more expensive than anywhere else we saw in Montreal, although conveniently located right across from the hotel.

We checked in easily and stayed in a queen room (415).

The room itself was small but functional. The bed was confortable. The bathroom was clean and the shower had good water pressure, which is important to me. We are not interested in going somewhere and staying in the room, so having a clean, comfortable and functional room is what we value and this was what we got.

The next time I'm in Montreal, I would definitely stay here again, but park somewhere cheaper.

Room Tip: Parking across the street is expensive ($25) compared to other nearby lots, but is convenient.
2  Thank CanadianScott
Francisco G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Best Western Hotel Europa with the TripAdvisor community, we are delighted to hear you had great time and you enjoyed our lovely rooms, I will share your kind comments with the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future were our goal is to lead in superior customer care.

General Manger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed in room 621 for three nights after Thanksgiving. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. The room had been recently renovated and was small, but the bed was comfortable; the linens were fresh and of good quality. We found the room and bathroom exceedingly clean.The location was excellent. There are good restaurants close by. The restaurant Resto Henri Serge was an inviting place to dine or have a drink. Museums and art galleries are close by, as well. We also walked to other districts to experience the Montreal culture. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating, answering our questions.
The only negative thing I could mention was the man operating the small shop within the hotel was rude. Other than that, I found the Hotel Europa an excellent value considering most Montreal Hotels are very expensive.

2  Thank Heather M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Best Western Hotel Europa. We are pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature.
It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff efforts and the time to say it.

Your comments will be shared with our entire team, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Best Western Hotel Europa a leader in superior customer care.

Once again, I thank you for your thoughtful comments. We at Best western Hotel Europa look forward in welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The room was small, air conditioning unit was so loud I had to switch it off at night and the bathroom was not clean. As I had arrived late in the evening and was tired from traveling I hadn't noticed anything but in the light of day I was quite shocked to find hairs on the floor. Rather than making comments to reception, I thought I would wait to see if one of the cleaners would pick up on this when changing my bathroom towels the following day. I was quite surprised to return to my room, again late in the evening, to find that nothing had in fact been cleaned. The hotel cleaning staff clearly couldn't be bothered to clean my bathroom properly, which led me to think that it probably hadn't been cleaned before I checked in. The shower head itself was also coming apart. Very disappointed and will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Keenou89

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Hotel Europa.

We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for all our valued guests such as yourself.

I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate departments and I can assure that the proper actions have been taken.

You are a valued patron and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on future occasions.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here for 3 nights and I love the place! We had a huge room, king sized bed, free wifi and a wide bathroom, I think you could fit 10 people in the shower! The hotel is right in the core of the shopping district!!! I just loved it! The only downside is the parking spot, the lot in front of the hotel that says hotel parking is NOT the hotel's parking area, its a block away but u can access it by foot across the hotel which is a red brick building and the front desk will give u directions. The guy on that parking lot across was just rude but the guys on the red brick parking building were so nice. The restaurant right by the hotel named Resto Pub Serge Henri was not bad at all, they have good food and the server was so accommodating. Its also a walking distance towards the tourist center and the Bell Centre where we watched the Backstreet Boys concert. :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joey Christine S

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay at the Best Western Hotel Europa.

We are pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such positive nature. Your comments will be shared with the entire team, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Best Western Hotel Europa a leader in superior customer care.

We look forward in seeing very soon at The Best Western Hotel Europa.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Recently stayed here during the Canadian Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend. I was pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. The room looked recently renovated and was very clean. Room was a bit small but that is expected of a city setting. Room had a refrigerator and free wifi, the wifi password is changed everyday so we always had to call down to the front desk for the new password which was a bit annoying. Parking in the lot that is recommended is a colossal waste of money, there is another lot around the corner for $15/night with in and out privileges. We also lucked out and were able to get good street parking most of the time for either free or minimal cost. Excellent location right near St Catherine Street. Had an issue the first night when our tv broke. Because it was late at night the repair person was gone for the day so we had to switch rooms. First room they switched us to was smaller than our original room and felt incredibly dark because it was on the second floor. I complained and they caught attitude with me before finally giving us a different room....that just happened to be right next door to our original room! I feel like they tried to downgrade us to a crappy room instead of originally giving us the room next door. That experience dropped my overall review, but overall it was a great value for the money

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with our TripAdvisor community regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Hotel Europa.

Once again, we appreciate you sharing your comments with us, and look forward in seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a hotel with an excellent location, especially for tourists who want to make the best use of public transport systems in montreal . The stops for the Airport shuttle bus [ 747 bus ] , are at a walking distance from this hotel. The Grayline tours office situated at Dorchester square is also within walking distance. The Montreal sightseeing open top buses, as well as the buses for tours to Ottawa and Quebec City operated by Grayline tours, start from Dorchester Square and hence are of great benefit to tourists staying at Best Western plus Montreal Downtown. The main shopping street of Montreal i.e. St. Catherine street is a stones throw away from hotel Nearly all cuisines in the world are available within 1 km walking distance from this Hotel.
The hotel rooms are quite big and the toilets are of adequate size. The beds are comfortable. The hotel is quite clean. WiFi is good. The hotels policy for local and std phone calls is very helpful for international travellers, especially for those whose mobile phone is not working or there are problems in logging to any mobile operator network in Montreal.
I will definitely stay here during my next visit to Montreal..

Room Tip: Book for a long stay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank okashashank
Francisco G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent experience at the Best Western Hotel Europa with the Trip Advisor community.

Your comments are very important to us and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Hotel Europa.

Every detail counts when it comes to our guests and we hope to see you in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I lodged at the Best Western Plus for 1 night on October 11th. We originally booked a regular queen room, but upon learning the room lacks a microwave we were told there would be a $60 up charge to reserve a room with a microwave. Upon checking in the front desk staff were very nice and accommodating. Upon entering the room I found that it was large, including a king bed, sofa, lounge chair, desk and side table. The floors were a faux wood, yet nice. The decor and bathroom fixtures seemed very dated. Upon initially inspecting the bathroom, I found quite a bit of hair on the floor either left by previous guests or the housekeeping staff. I was totally grossed out. There was also hair in the shower. Parking is not included and we had to pay $25 for overnight parking. No breakfast included, however, there's a Cora Restaurant in the hotel lobby, which had food quite tasty and reasonably priced. Wifi was included. The bed was clean. No issues there. Because of the price and the uncleanliness of the bathroom, I doubt I will lodge at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Regular queen rooms are not equipped with microwaves. Be prepared to pay $25 for hotel parking.
2  Thank vaw30080

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your comments about the Best Western Hotel Europa.

It is our goal to consistently exceed our guest expectations and we are sorry to hear that this was not completely accomplished during your stay

We appreciated that you bringing these matters to our attention and we apologies for any inconvenience you may have experience during your stay at the Best Western Hotel Europa.

Each of the concerns you mention in your feedback has been shared with appropriate department in order to avoid each detail in the future.

We are proud to provide each of our client unique experience when staying with us and hope to have the chance to welcome you back to demonstrate our commitment to guest satisfaction.