“Great tour, fun and instructive”

Fitz & Follwell Co.
Book In Advance
More Info
$64.85*
and up
Flavors of The Main Montreal North City Food Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the perfect day in Montreal, with Fitz & Follwell's carefully crafted Cycling Tours (April - October), year-round Walking Tours, and Winter Activity tours in the colder months of December to March. Get off the beaten path, explore hidden corners and experience Montreal the way the locals do. Prefer to head out on your own? We have a beautiful fleet of city bicycles available for rental, perfectly suited to Montreal's cruisy vibe. Our Cycle & Lifestyle shop is a must-see for every visitor. We carry a carefully curated selection of cycling accessories and made-in-Montreal souvenirs and gift ideas from the Bicycle Wine Rack to a large selection of cycling books and Montreal postcards.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Brussels
“Great tour, fun and instructive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I very much enjoyed my tour with Fitz & Follwell. Our friendly guide Frederic showed us the major sites in the city (it was the Montreal Highlights Tour) and told us lots of fascinating stories with nice touches of humour. He was very open to discussion and questions and also enthusiastically recommended restaurants, bars and other things to do (as it was my last day in Montreal, I couldn't take advantage of all of them unfortunately). The bikes were excellent: light, comfortable, in perfect condition and with a nice retro look. All of this, together with the fantastic weather (20 degrees and sun despite the late time in the season) made this tour one of the highlights of my 12-day stay in Québec. Oh, you don't need to be a very sporty person to do this tour: there was only one (short) steep climb which we did pushing our bikes on the sidewalk and the pace was easy, with lots of stops during which the guide told his stuff. One more thing: as with the experience recounted on another tripadvisor review, my tour was longer than announced (4 hours instead of 3, perhaps because of the sunny weather and long stop for a snack? - all the better for me! but something you may want to take into account if you have appointments).

Visited October 2012
FitzandFollwell, Manager at Fitz & Follwell Co., responded to this review, March 21, 2017
Thank you so much for your review!

Danville, California, United States
“Fitz and Follwell Bike Tour Rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Early October, my American husband, my 77 year old Canadian father and myself went on a 4.5 hour tour of Montreal. Our guide Martin absolutely blew us away with his historical and cultural knowledge of his beloved hometown. He also excelled in his ability to lead us through all the intimate neighborhoods without any scary traffic encounters. This is a big plus in my book because cycling in any city often has me on edge. Added perks, were raincoats being brought to us midway through the tour due to intermittent rainfall, eating hot bagels direct from the wood oven, perusing the farmer's market for maple sugar treats, eating a lunch picnic in a pristine park surrounded by locals and listening to Martin sing some of his favorite french tunes:-) We cannot wait to return again and do another tour!

Visited October 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback!
Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best way to see Montreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you can ride a bike, this is the best way to see the highlights of Montreal. Shae took us from the Plateau neighborhood, to McGill, to downtown, to an outdoor market near the canal for lunch. We saw art and architecture that would not have been visible from a bus window, and we covered so much more ground than would have been possible on foot. My husband and I learned a lot about the history of the city, as well as current political issues. The 13 mile ride is pretty flat except for two hills toward the end of the tour which you can walk up if necessary. This was definitely the highlight of our weekend visit to Montreal.

Visited October 2012
Thank you for your comments!
St. Paul, MN
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun day tour of Montreal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had a nice manageable group of six people. We got a nice overview of various spots in the downtown Montreal area, rode on a bike path along the waterfront, visited a very cool outdoor market and had lunch there, rode around some more and had an ice cream stop :) and the unique finish to the tour was riding around in some of the alleyways in one of the residential neighborhoods (not what you would expect - lots of gardens and patios, a whole different world from what you see from the street). The one thing I would note was that the tour ran an hour longer than publicized (it was supposed to be 4 hours but went 5 hours). This wasn't an issue for me but might be something to take into account if you are making plans to meet someone right afterward...leave a little flexibility.
Also, there were a couple big hills at the end - overall you don't have to be an accomplished cyclist to do this tour, but that last part might be a tiny bit challenging.
Our guide was great! Very knowledgable.

Visited September 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback!
Orlando, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun great way to see the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We did a city highlights 4 hour tour and it was a blast. The tour guides where knowledgable, funny, and set a good pace for the ride. I would highly recommend doing this for a day in Montreal and will defintely do it again if I bring other friends or my husband next time.

Visited October 2012
Thank you for your such a wonderful review!