“Perfect Way to Learn Montreal's Magic!”

Fitz & Follwell Co.
Book In Advance
Montreal's Underground City Indoor Tour
River to Mountain
Fatbike on the Mountain Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the perfect day in Montreal, with Fitz & Follwell's carefully crafted year-round Cycling Tours, Walking Tours, and Winter Activity tours in the colder months of December to March. Get off the beaten path, explore hidden corners and experience Montreal the way the locals do. Prefer to head out on your own? We have a beautiful fleet of city bicycles available for rental, perfectly suited to Montreal's cruisy vibe.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 2, 2012

What a wonderful, though grueling 5-hour, 13-mile ride. Martin's knowledge of Montreal history, the fall colors, and riding with my bride made this day unforgettable. Merci!!

FitzandFollwell, Manager at Fitz & Follwell Co., responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I literally just finished the bike tour so u need to complete this review before I forget. I decided to do a bike tour because I was tired of bus tours. I wanted something more active and feel more like a local. Fitz & Follwell did not disappoint. It started off with Annie calling me shortly after I made my reservation online I was so thankful that she call that I knew my form was seen by an employee and they acknowledge me. Such a personal touch. I then had some questions before the tour and Annie was so helping e-mailing me back with such patience. I was able to meet her at the shop and we had such a fun conversation. I felt like I was talking to an old friend.

Then our tour guide Martin super nice and super knowledgeable about Montreal. He is awesome he had strong lead and I felt comfortable on the tour. Then Christophe he was like our "wing man" he made sure we were safe crossing streets. He was always there behind us. Someone in on group forgot his bag at the ice cream shop. We were like 3 or 4 blocks from the shop and the end of the tour. Martin immediately calls the shop to secure the bag and Christophe volunteered to turn back to get the bag. When we got to the shop Christophe was there with the bag. We all were impressed that he heated us back to the bike shop. We were all happy for a good ending. I loved the tour and recommend it even if you don't consider yourself a "bike person". Ciao

travelingotbp, Manager at Fitz & Follwell Co., responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this beautiful review!
We are so glad you enjoyed your bike tour! The Montreal Highlights tour is perfect for your first visit to Montreal. It covers the main sites of the city by bike and gives you a taste of Fitz & Follwell's favourite local flavours!

I was so happy to meet you and to review my Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion rate with you – by the way, this is Annie! Meeting clients is always a real pleasure for me!
Martin, your lead guide, is passionate about his city and showing it to tourists or revealing hidden secrets to locals makes him a very happy man! As for Krzysztof ( I know...! Very simple name for the ears yet mind blowing for the eyes) he is an excellent secondary guide and bike expert by day, and Montreal's superman by night! Not surprising her was able to go back to the ice cream shop and grab the bag, go save a lost kitten, sip a cup of tea and come back to the shop before the group! No big deal he says!

Next time you are in town, please come back to see us and try another bike tour we offer during the warm seasons or a Snow excursion on the mountain during Winter time!

Cheers!
Annie,
Reservation & Business development manager

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I arrived at the store a little early as my hotel room was not ready for me to check in. Annie was so friendly and recommended a place to get a pre-tour bite to eat. I had signed up for the Montreal Highlights tour which took us throughout the entire city. The tour guide, Fred, was friendly and knowledgeable. He always seemed to have our safety in mind. One recommendation: when choosing a place to stop and talk, avoid stopping by trash cans. It seemed that we also stopped near trash bins which attracted lots of bees.

I would highly, highly recommend this tour to anyone who likes an active vacation. It is not strenuous at all and it is a good way to see a lot in a short amount of time.

Thank you for your such a wonderful review!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Frederick gave our group of 8 us a wonderful bike tour of Montreal and showed us sites we probably wouldn't have seen otherwise considering the short time we were there. In fact, our 4 hour bike ride turned into five hours + (NOT a disappointment), Montreal is definitely a bikers dream with lots of bike and walking trails, notwithstanding their harsh winters. After we found a map, we also found Montreal to be an easy city to get around; we stayed within walking distance of Fitz & Follwell as well as The Jane Restaurant which we tried Sunday evening...great Pizza there by the way!! We didn't get to spend any time in the old fashion district and already know Montreal AND Quebec City are places we want to visit again. Canada did not disappoint!

Dianne from Nebraska

Thank you so much for your review!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our family of four (with 2 kids, ages 10 and 13) did a special "Hoods and Hidden Gems" bicycle tour in August. It was fabulous. Our guide Martin was not only knowledgeable, but he was passionate about the city and went out of his way to ensure that every member of our group was enjoying the experience. We really loved seeing all the special spots in the different neighborhoods and learning about the cultural diversity that exists. Martin treated us to bagels and coffee/drinks in the Mile End area, as well as ice cream at the lovely Jean-Talon Market. Near the end of the tour, we had a sandwich picnic at Lafontaine Park. Martin's love for Montreal rubbed off on us, and we are very grateful to have spent a few hours with him exploring some of the city's most beautiful areas.

Thank you for your comments!