“SUPER GREAT english pub! jaime alcaraz montreal”
Review of Burgundy Lion

Burgundy Lion
Reserve with OpenTable
Burgundy Lion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #313 of 5,948 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Irish, British
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Cross street: Charlevoix
Transit: Burgundy Lion is located just around the corner from Lionel-Groulx metro station which serves both the orange and Green Metro Lines.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

WOW! I love this place...have been many times, both for brunch and dinner, and ALL their menu items are delicious....a must for anyone that like pub food...price and service really good too!! jaime alcaraz montreal

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My brother and his fiance took me to this pub when I was visiting this past weekend! What a little gem in their backyard! Apparently the table was actually reserved but then they gave us the table. We had simple appetizers but they were very tasty, drinks were simplistic but delicious! I would definetely recommend to anyone visiting in the area!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Hubby and I had trekked west along Notre-Dame to Little Burgundy from Old Montreal on a super-sub-zero Sunday, hoping for a dinner at Joe Beef before heading to another locale to view the Super Bowl. Naive! Not realizing Joe Beef and its sister restaurant were closed on Sunday, we saw this restaurant warmly aglow and bustling across the street, and decided to give it a go. We lucked out on a pub table in the bar area, in good sight of the TV, and decided to dive in to beer, dinner, and football. Pleasantly surprised!

Nice selection of draft beers and ciders, and a great English menu. Hubby really enjoyed the ample fish and chips with mushy peas, while I opted for the more unusual: Lord Alfred Pie, a venison pie in flaky crust, with mashed white beans and delicious garlic-roasted brussel sprouts. Desserts looked too good to pass up, so went for the Sticky Toffee Bread Pudding...amazing!

Service was prompt on responsive, especially on this busy Sunday evening. Prices were a little on the high side for a casual sort of place. But would overall recommend this...even for your "Plan A:, if in the neighborhood!

1  Thank ramblingsandroasts
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We went to eat at my daughters birthday last June. It was not our first visit and found the food very good. There is something for everyone's tastes.
We were all out to celebrate so the noise level did not bother us but I can see how if you were a couple it is not the place to go....especially on televised soccer night.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Yummy fish and chips and great locally brewed beers and imports from the U.K.
I tried the mussels - served in a creamy broth with big, fresh mussels, only drawback is I had to ask for bread and pay for a portion - bread should have been included with the mussel soup.
Service was casual and friendly. We sat in the front near the windows and really enjoyed watching life go by
while pretending we were back in England.