“Good Brasserie Fare”
Review of Brasserie T!

Brasserie T!
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie T! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #261 of 5,822 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Description: Normand Laprise and Christine Lamarche’s French brewery style restaurant, Brasserie T!, ideally situated in the heart of the * Quartier des spectales *,offers delectable and accessible food adapted to the ultra modern and fun architecture: perfectly mastered dishes using only seasonally fresh products, homemade charcuteries, tartars, seafood platters and other delicacies found in a typical brasserie.
Montreal, Canada
“Good Brasserie Fare”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

It's about time we got some descent food around Place des Arts. This is the perfect spot before or after a show.

Visited November 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Albany, New York
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff especially the host and waiter. Food was great. Terrine of the day was excellent. My lamb brochette was very good. Wife's flank steak was fantastic and the apple turnover dessert with homemade ice cream made the meal! Looked like it had a nice outdoor dining area. Look forward to returning! We were non-French speaking visitors, and they made us feel extremely welcome.

Visited November 2012
baltimore
“Very good brasserie food near Place des Arts (Montreal)”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

On our recent trip to Montreal, we asked our concierge for a brasserie-type restaurant near Place des Arts (the main entertainment complex). We were attending the theatre nearby. I was expecting a quiet classic-looking spot off the main street. Instead it was a somewhat noisy, very busy modern space adjacent to Place des Arts. The food and service, however were excellent and efficient. Highly recommended for pre-theatre/opera.

• Visited November 2012
Montreal
“Great Late Night Stop”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was a Wednesday night after 9:00p.m. ...The question: where do two people go after work at this hour?...no fast food plz! The Brasserie T! was a pleasant surprise. I ordered the lamb brochettes and couscous. Both were cooked to perfection...The couscous was more than a bit interesting with its almond slices, sweet peppers, yummy. My partner was extremely satisfied with the beef but thought the fries needed some work but then his point of comparison was France. I agreed with him,when I tasted them...They tasted more like fast food fare available on nearly every street corner in some sections of downtown Montreal. Overall though, the atmosphere, bilingual service with a smile, and food were really appreciated and I would not hesitate to recommend the restaurant to friends and acquaintances...but please, please, work on those fries ....

• Visited October 2012
San Antonio
“Fantastic ambiance”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We're staying at the Montreal Hyatt and a concierge of a previous hotel recommended the Brasserie T telling us that the chef was one of the premier french chefs in Montreal.

The Brasserie or CAFE itself is a unique setting. It is roughly long and narrow, perhaps 25 feet wide, about the size of a train car. the walls are all glass and the tables view out these glass windows onto a park that is adjacent to the Montreal Place d' arts (museums, public space all in one gigantic, very beautiful city square).

We arrived at the Brasserie the same day as the Montreal ZOMBIE fest. This is an event that just defies description. there were literally THOUSANDS of young men and women dressed as characters from Rocky Horror picture show / Michael Jackson's Thriller etc. etc. It was a gruesome sight, but what an experience. and it was taking place immediately outside of these large floor to ceiling windows by our table.

We entered the restaurant as the festival was breaking up and had two dishes, one was a french appetizer that when it appeared it was nothing as I envisioned. On the menu, English translation, it appeared to be potatoes with cheese covering like perhaps something you'd find at Chili's in the US. Lots of carbs covered in CHEESE. What arrived was a work of art. I'm so sorry I didn't photograph it because the flavor was as good as the appearance, my wife destroyed it before I could hit the button on my camera.

The main course was a taster of a variety of the dishes prepared by the restaurant. It was called (forgive me if I spell this wrong) a Charcuterie platter. A variety of Pate's, Aoli, dijon mustard, toasts, Parma Ham, venison etc etc. we intuited that the presentation was done like this so you could make tiny sandwiches with what was on the platter - everything was delicious.

The staff was uniformly friendly and on the spot with service. Everyone working there seemed to be genuinely happy to serve you.

Tables around us had seafood, and beef dishes- all looking excellent as well. the cost was reasonable and if you didn't look out the window at the hollywood calibre of made up zombies - sporting axes lodged in heads, and bloody appendages etc, you wouldn't lose your appetite.

The combo of Haute Cuisine and Gory Zombies was an experience which I doubt will ever be repeated in my lifetime.

Visited October 2012