“Great show, bad staff”
Review of Cabaret Mado

Cabaret Mado
Ranked #14 of 221 Nightlife in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a bar with dragqueen shows in the evening situated in the gay-villeage in Montreal. It also becomes a danse-bar after the shows.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Cabaret Mado was the first place I went during my first time visiting Montreal. Because I love drag queens, I was so excited about it. Once I got there, I had to pay 10 dollars to get in, which in my opinion it is a very fair price. The problem started right after I entered the place. There was a big guy at the entrance stamping our wrists and directing us to the coach check. According to him, we had to check in our jackets. We didn't understand this at first so we didn't go downstairs to do that so he came to us and told us that we really had to go downstairs and check in our jackets. We asked if this was required or we have the option to stay with the jackets and he told us that this was not an option. Ok. But the thing is there were a lot of people with their jackets on and when I asked him why we had to do this since there were a lot of people wearing their jackets, he was so rude to me and screamed at me saying: YOU HAVE TO CHECK IN THE JACKETS, THANK YOU, and gave me his back and that was it. I felt so bad after that that this ruined my night and even after checking in the jacket, I stayed only for 20 minutes at the place and left. I felt uncomfortable being there after this episode. I was planning to go there again but I don't want to deal with this rude and stupid big man at the entrance anymore.

7  Thank Dougnyc1
in 16 reviews
"fun"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We went to Mado for their Tuesday night drag show. After paying the $5 cover and $1.50 for each coat check, it was time to stand and enjoy the show. And a most enjoyable show it was. Comedy and humor, costumes and props to go with the music, and a very talented and professional group of performers. Will definitely be on our list to visit again.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Their shows are great and I love their themes!!! I come here all the time and I think anyone who comes to montreal should!!!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was my first time attending a drag queen show! It was absolutely fabulous! What talented performers! They have bodies that are better than many women! I was very impressed! The banter in between each performance is mainly in French, although Mado does speak English especially to tease any of the tourists. It is a lot of fun!! I can't wait to go back! The first show begins at 11pm. The cost to get in is only $10.00...very reasonable! Mado was very funny!