“Magnificent and affordable!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I journeyed to this hole in the wall, locating it by the line outside at 6pm on a Friday evening. As I walked up, I spotted a sign in the window requesting that we pay in cash or Canadian debit cards only, so I had to forfeit my space in line to go get some cash. Though back in 10 mins, the line had doubled. Yet, based on the other Trip advisor reviews, I stuck it out, and boy am I glad I did!

I was admitted within 40mins and was given a seat at the bar. Other people had called ahead and ordered take-out, so that is an option if you hate lines/waiting. I had the Japanese ravioli (pork potsticker), beef kalbi, and a yuzu with sake. The main course was ready before the appetizer was, and I would say about 5 mins for everything to be cooked on the grill/stove. Everything tasted wonderful! Another single diner beside me ordered using the hand written menu options as papers on the wall and had a beautifully arranged lobster dish.

Though crowded, I received fabulous service with warm and friendly smiles and recommendations given by both the waitress and the chefs. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife became a big fan of Izakaya since she travels quite often to Tokyo for business. In turn, she has made me and our two kids fans as well. During a quick family trip through Montreal, we found this tiny yet highly efficient place to be absolutely wonderful. A true gem, and worth any long wait for a table. Just be sure to get there early enough so you don't get turned away. Not to be missed!

1  Thank Noel T
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Excellent moment spent is this small restaurant...food is amazing and taste really Japanese. Service is great. Worth the waiting outside.

1  Thank mamat777
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

48 hour pork bowl is the special, shrimp burger and black tea ice cream.
Make it a point to visit in Montreal, they don't charge enough!

2  Thank Jeffrey H
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I love love love the food here. The chef took the time to invent things that are unique. We ordered the rib which was special of the day and it was awesome. The meat was so soft and melt in your mouth.
We also ordered the tuna salmon bowl and it was great.
Tried the teriyaki burger and shrimp burger, we like shrimp burger better.

The only bad thing about this place is that they dont accept reservation so be ready to wait in line. Ordering to go might be a good idea :)
Would love to come back here again next time