“Amazing experience”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Cross street: Beaubien
Transit: Metro Beaubien, autobus 18 Ouest
Description: Un nouveau concept, de nouveaux menus, Table d'hôte, Menu Dégustation à venir découvrir au Bistro tout en apportant son vin !
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I went to this restaurant last week for my bestfriend birthday and was not disapointed. It was my first visit there and I was very impress. We took the nine courses menu and it worthed it without a shadow of a doubt. The food originilaty and quality were beyond my expectations, the Chef's really creative. Furthermore, the service was really toughtful and pleasant. I am a person who goes out a lot in great Montreal restaurants and I can assert that this restaurant is cheap for that level of food quality and service. Also, the server told me that they change the menu quite often, so it is possible to go back and take a "degustation" menu again. Me and my friends had an amazing experience.

• Visited May 2014

Montreal, Canada
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went for a dinner with friends at Apollo Concept in Montreal. We had 1 entree and 1 main course, which for 2 people amounted to 122$ before tips. For this price, I am used to above average food and above average service. Both were in my opinion under average. The service was close to terrible, no care fore the customer. And the food was mediocre at best. We had the shrimp entree, which pretty much consisted for ''canned mini shrimps'', I almost laughed at the size of the shrimps. It's taste was an interesting mix, but not delicious at all. Then for the Main Course, we ordered the Swordfish.. And at the surprise we get the Scallops ?!??! Haha we were so hungry at this point we didn't want to return the meal and wait another 30 minutes to get the meal we initially ordered. So we just went with it. The vegetables were good and the mashed carrots too, but the Scallops were just average.

I've have plenty of better meals and better service for less money. Will not recommend and will not go back.

• Visited July 2013
Montreal, QC
“The Apollo Lands in Argentina”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The "flashy" Apollo Group's BYOW French/fusion bistro Apollo Concept was participating in this year's Argentinian cuisine edition of Montréal en Lumière, so we figured we would give it a shot.

Save for a large table of 30+ people, the place was rather quiet for a Thursday night, especially it being the 2nd week of Montréal en Lumière.

The Montreal en Lumière tasting menu consisted of six courses for $65, a decent value we thought. The listed dishes showcased the restaurant's fusion concept by presenting Argentinian elements "à la française".

Our experience tonight was a little spotty. Some dishes were good while others were average or out of place. For now we will give Apollo Concept the benefit of the doubt and assume that the Argentinian theme is possibly outside of their comfort zone, although we applaud them for the effort.

• Visited February 2013
Gatineau, QC
“Forest Deco Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food was fabulous. Bring your own wine so web search the menu to see what best goes with your meal. Fills up very quickly for supper so get there early.

Visited October 2012
Montreal
“Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Went with a group of colleagues and experienced the cooking class from 3:00 - 5:00 pm. Staff were great. After preparing our food, we sat in the lounge area and had a bit of wine (its great when you can bring your own wine!) and waited for our meal to be presented to us. Everything was fresh and tasty and we know how much work went into each plate!!! Our compliements to the chef!

• Visited March 2012