“A great place for an evening out...”
Review of Griffintown

Griffintown
Ranked #1,458 of 5,944 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had a good time at the restaurant, listening to good Jazz music live.
Food is very good and the staff was very nice with us and our 3 year old girl.
I would recommend this place for a nice evening out...

Reviewed November 25, 2012

As with the previous reviewers, the service at this place is atrocious, and unbelievably condescending. I'd recommend you go elsewhere unless you want to be berated by the staff when you go out for a meal.

My husband and I ate here once and it was decent, so we thought we'd invite friends and come back. I made a reservation, and because I have a 7 month old baby, we showed up 20 minutes late. Often, in Montreal, I find this isn't a big deal, and sometimes a restaurant will even call and check if it's a problem.

Anyhow, by the time we got to the restaurant, the staff (I think it was the manager) had given up our table, and was REALLY rude and visibly annoyed that we were late. While it was actually fine that he gave up our table because we were late, it was not fine how he treated us. The guy was so disrespectful, we just couldn't stay, so we went down the street to Burgundy Lion, which was equally as busy, but had way better customer service and great food. Usually I'm pretty tolerant of bad service, and will tolerate it for a decent meal, but the food here isn't that good, and the service has left such a bad taste in my mouth I will never go back. Judging from the other reviews of this place, I am clearly not the only one.

3  Thank skye_lee
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My partner and I did a quick search online for a place in Griffintown for brunch, and took a chance on this place. The menu had appealing choices for both of us, with typical brunch prices. We walked into the restaurant, which was very busy, but there was a perfect two-seater table free. We waited several minutes before getting some acknowledgement from the wait staff. It took longer to get a menu. We ordered the breakfast burger and the huevos divorciados w/pulled port, juice and cafe americano. The food came relatively fast, but was dropped off without any cutlery. I could not get the attention of any wait staff, and had to get up and ask for it myself. The next time the waitress came by, we were nearly done eating, and we managed to get some water. Food plus tip cost nearly $45.00

I would give the place some points for decor -- I liked the exposed brick walls and the southwestern style -- but the "music" playing -- loud drums -- ruined the atmosphere and caused quite a headache. We couldn't wait to pay up and get out -- which of course, took a while due to the slow service.

1  Thank Neil A
Reviewed November 18, 2012

What horrible service we just got. We left after our coffee. They gave us a 2 seater even though we clearly said we had another person joining us in 30 min. There was no lineup and the place wasn't full so i would understand if we were holding up the place. When our 3rd person was ready to join they told us they'll just add a third chair on a tiny table when we said no, we were condescendingly told that we've been sitting here for 45 min by the older guy in glasses(not true). Finally we said we'll just leave. And as we were paying, a spot miraculously opened up. No thanks.

3  Thank Lisaa_812
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Food was good. Portions are not generous. Nothing special. Seems to be poular for brunch.
Prices ok. Service ok. No coffee refills. We had a small coffee cup but when we asked for a refill they wanted to charge us another coffe cup.

1  Thank Viajeromundial007