“OMG!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro Duo.D - CLOSED

Bistro Duo.D
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Description: Authentique bistro de quartier. Ambiance conviviale. Des produits vrais et fais maison. Votre meilleur ami epicurien et sa femme vous recoivent chez eux pour une bonne bouffe.
Halifax, Canada
“OMG!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

After four days of eating and drinking my way thro Montreal I ventured into this wonderful tiny gem! After experiencing a bit of English disdain in many other places I was welcomed by a wonderful lady. A completely French menu that was very foreign to me she took the time to explain each item. I will difinatley be back! The duck filet was unique and very flavourful. Choc mousse unlike anything else I have ever had. Highly recommend this experience.

• Visited June 2013

Austin, Texas
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

My partner and I went here after seeing the good reviews on Tripadvisor. We made a reservation about an hour in advanced and had no problem finding the place in a nice residential neighborhood. We got the Foie Gras Au Torchon (duck liver), Tartare De Boeuf (finely chopped raw beef) and the Confit De Canard (leg of duck) which were both excellent. The waitress was super nice and didn't mind explaining the french cuisine to us. I would definitely recommend this place for couples looking for a nice date spot, but also groups looking for a relaxing atmosphere and great food.

Kingston, Ontario
“Highlight of our Visit to Old Montreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Trip Advisor led me to reserve at Bistro Duo.D, and well in advance, and we couldn't have been more delighted with our gastronomic experience there. We were two couples spending a wonderful weekend in Old Montreal, all of which we enjoyed, but our Saturday dinner at Bistro Duo.D was the highlight for sure. Bistro Duo.D more than lived up to its reviews - excellent meal (we all had the outstanding duck confit), beautifully prepared by Philippe and served with friendly attentiveness by Catherine. We asked for a wine suggestion and were thrilled with her recommendation. The atmosphere was warm and casual, and because the restaurant was not too full, easy to have conversation. For anyone turned away without a reservation when tables appear to be empty, we learned that the proprietors stagger the timing of reservations to ensure an easy flow in food preparation and service. We admired and appreciated their choice to do so.

2 Thank Marcia D
“Great meal and great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a place to eat tonight tonight to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. We found this place from Tripadvidor and agree with the comments. The food was wonderful!

2 Thank Christian G
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

This place has amazing food and a really nice ambiance. It has a good variety of French dishes worth trying. The service was very good and the prices were reasonable. Try it and you won't regret it.

• Visited February 2013