“Wonderful experience and super friendly staff”

Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal
Ranked #17 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Fairfax, virginia
“Wonderful experience and super friendly staff”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Wonderful hotel. Parking was very easy with their wonderful valets. Very helpful and kind. The room was beautiful and very clean- classical music was playing in the room to welcome us. Great amenities. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2014
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with the trip advisor community.

We always love to read about how much our guest enjoy their stay with us. We`re so happy you liked the room, and the staff.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Arabic first
Huntington, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our experience at the St-Martin Hotel was positive. From the moment we arrived until we left, the staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was large and super clean and the bed was so comfortable. The pool was on our floor (2nd floor) and while it was sort of small it was perfect for a relaxing swim. It was never crowded. The hotel is centrally located. You could walk to the old town and the port (which we did) or you could take the metro (one block away) or grab a taxi (about $9 to the old town). Free wifi included. The only negative was the $29 per night parking fee. I thought it was a little steep and we really didn't have access to the car as the parking was under the building. Great hotel, wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community.

We`re glad to read that you greatly enjoyed your stay with us. We`re happy to see that the location worked well for you!

My apologies about the price for the parking, it is quite a standard and competitive price with other hotels in the downtown Montreal area.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope you visit us again on your next trip to Montreal!
London
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Pros:
Grand Luxe room is very spacious
Large bathroom, including a big bathtub and separate shower.
TV in bedroom and bathroom
Nice layout
Free wifi
Big and comfy bed
Fridge and ironing board in the room
Decent size safe to fit laptops in
Nice gym
Small heated pool on the 2nd floor
Very friendly reception welcome from Corinne (not sure about spelling, but she has red hair)
Great location. Walkable distance to Mont Royal and shopping street. 20-30 minute walk to the Old Town.
Extended our check-out time to 1pm.
Free ice on mezzanine level

Cons:
No partition wall between bedroom and bathroom, just blinds, which although aesthetically pleasing, it may prove awkward for some.
Wifi a bit unreliable and slow.
Room a bit dark.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community.

We really appreciate all your kind words about our hotel and out staff. We do pride ourselves in the little details at our hotel and we`re so happy you noticed many of them.

We`ll definitely take your cons about the hotel into consideration for if/when we do renovations in the future.

Thank you again and we hope you host you on your next trip to Montreal!
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We loved this hotel. Great location. The room was beautifully appointed and the bed amazingly comfortable...didn't want to get out. Neat pool and decor. Parking included with CAA. Competitive pricing. Only negatives which were probably just unlucky was the construction across the street which woke us up at 7:30 a.m. We should have been put on the other side of the building considering the price of the hotel and requesting a "quiet room". Something that could have been avoided was the maintenance person hammering in the room above us at 8:00 a.m. We were compensated 15% for this however it did make for an earlier departure which was disappointing considering we stayed one night and drove 6 hours there and back. The night reception was not that welcoming and generally the front desk needs to be more demonstrative in their welcome. We will stay here again however knowing these things can be avoided in the future.

Room Tip: The King suite with panorama view is very nice and spacious with separate tub and shower, double sin...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community.

We`re glad to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us!

My apologies about the construction, unfortunately the building close to us (Simmons) was repairing their roof. Luckily this construction is done with! Being downtown Montreal it is quite normal to have construction in many different areas of the city.
I`m sorry to hear about the staff not being welcome, this is quite surprising and I will definitely pass on this message to our night staff as feedback for them to work on.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Le St Martin a few times and our experience each and every time we go is one better than the next. Truly an exceptional hotel which prides itself on customer satisfaction and going over and beyond for their clients. From the moment you pull up to the hotel and greeted by the utmost respected bell boys, to the eve so friendly and helpful front desk staff, to the dining and overall staff as a whole, superior and extraordinary are just a couple words to start. The hotel rooms are simply beautiful, we have stayed in different rooms at this hotel and all so luxurious yet classy and modern all in one package (not to mention, the most comfortable beds are here!!). The well known and reputable restaurant L'Aromate which can be found at this hotel is also amazing!!! What a gorgeous spot and delicious food. Location of this hotel is prime, unbeatable and so close to everything. Take advantage of the pool, just impeccable! Once we again we were not disappointed and have found our gem hotel of choice we will always continue to book at when vacationing in Montreal.. Thank you once again to the staff at Le St Martin, Montreal for the first class treatment all around. Keep up the hard work as it shines!! Sincerely, LN

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing and beautiful which is why I love this hotel - can't go wrong no matter wh...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa S
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community.

We greatly appreciate all your wonderful comments about all of our staff and our hotel itself.
We`re so happy your found time to take advantage of our pool, we are very proud of it as it is one of the only hotel outdoor pools in Montreal!

Thank you again for sharing your great experience and we hope to see you on your next trip to Montreal!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel has a perfect location and is not without some charm - but this has hardly compensated for me discovering that the bed sheets were not changed after the previous guest and finding lots of hair in the sink in the bathroom... As my discoveries happened late in the night after I came back exhausted following a busy day of travel, meetings and a dinner function, I was more than annoyed by the response of a rather helpless clerk at the front desk who kept on insisting that I must be wrong because they change bed sheets after each guest (good to know they normally do that!). When I indicated that he is welcome to come up to the room and check for himself or that I can show him pictures taken with my phone to substantiate my claim, he disarmingly asked me what I wanted him to do, as apparently the housekeeping service was not available at this hour. When I suggested that he just brings me a clean set of sheets he asked if I just wanted the bottom sheet (I am not kidding!). Once we settled on the whole set, things starting moving in the right direction. About 5 minutes later, a very kind older gentleman showed up at the door and actually insisted that he will make the bed for me - and sincerely apologized for the inconvenience. He also regretted the fact that the bathroom was not properly cleaned and volunteered to do the job, but as it was by then already past 1am and I had an early meeting next morning I declined the offer and while he was making the bed took care of the bathroom problem with a pack of disinfecting wipes (never leave home without them!) - and just asked for a set of clean towels which was very promptly delivered. The gentleman told me that there must have been an error in the housekeeping records and someone must have thought that I was the same guest who stayed in the room the previous night - in which case they don't change the sheets. Fair enough - errors happen - although someone should be double-checking at a "luxury hotel..." When I finally got into the clean bed it was nice to discover that it was comfortable - and my sleep was only disturbed by the rattling cover on the heating/air conditioning unit - a problem that I was thankfully able to remedy by re-adjusting the cover - so at about 3am I was happily asleep. When I was checking out of the hotel the next day and related the story to the receptionist (including showing photos that clearly demonstrated that the room was not in order on the night of my arrival), I was offered an apology - but not a penny of a discount (for which I have not asked, but fully expected to be offered under the circumstance). Needless to say, one hotel I will not be staying in again, despite the nice palm-adorned entrance and helpful luggage porters in shorts and safari hats!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank HotelReviewer31
El Mostafa B, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Mrs. HotelReviewer31,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in our hotel. We at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction.

Unfortunately, we did not meet your or our own expectations. As a testament to strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that there will be no recurrence.

Once again I would like to apologize for the unacceptable situation that you have experienced with us. We have no excuses and no explanation, only a feeling of embarrassment and regret for what you have experienced. Our concept is simple, although we are not perfect we believe in addressing our problems immediately without fail and I believe that is what will make us strive to achieve the level of service that our guests deserve.

I assure you that we are on the right track and continue to learn about our guests needs.
We are absolutely dedicated in assuring that all our staffs are trained with the philosophy of personalized service.

I am confident that my team will succeed and that on your next visit you will be impressed with our hospitality.

Please note that it will be a pleasure for me to discuss your concerns and find a resolution to this situation. Please if you can send me an e-mail to elmostafa.boudraa@lestmartin.com or if you can call me at 1-844-843-3003.

Thanks again for choosing Le St-Martin, and please do not hesitate to contact me

Best Regards,

El Mostafa Boudraa
Rooms Division Manager
514-843-3000 ext.3403
elmostafa.boudraa@lestmartin.com
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a downtown hotel located in the vicinity of many office towers and shopping areas of Montreal, as well as restaurants.

Rooms are very clean, well equipped and have nice decor. Really comfortable and cosy. Nice, professional attitude of staff.

Negatives: room was somewhat hot (note: it was winter), and I was not able to get the temperature control working. Did not talk to staff about this problem though. The restaurant had slow service for breakfast, which was frustrating.

Overall, definitely a worthwhile place and good value for money

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate all your kind words about our staff and the hotel itself.

My apologies about the room temperature, please call the front desk if that happens during your next stay with us. We would be more than happy to adjust it for you!

The restaurant here ``L`Aromate`` has their own trip advisor page, if you would like to share your comments directly with them?

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon!