“Great location, decor and ambience”

Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal
Ranked #15 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Great location, decor and ambience”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed two nights on a business trip. Room was well-appointed with a small desk, arm chair and lots of drawer and closet space. Free wi-fi was a bonus. Didn't explore surroundings but I understand the location is central - Eaton Centre and the underground shopping network is just around the corner. Bed was a bit soft but I had no trouble sleeping. As other reviewers have noted, the decor is modern and the hotel is either new or recently refurbished.

Sho-Dan is an amazing sushi restaurant just across the street. Only ate at the hotel restaurant for breakfast - scrambled eggs were inedible and I sent them back but they were very accommodating and prepared them another way in a short time.

Would definitely stay here next time I come to Montreal (which will hopefully be for pleasure). I believe they have corporate rates so ask if they have a special deal for your company when booking.

I had an adjoining room which was fine since no one was next door. Next time I might ask for a non-adjoining room because it can be annoying to have a noisy guest next door....or maybe I am the annoying one?

One warning: the bed frame around the box spring is a hazard (at least the one in my room) - I skinned my knee when I accidentally bumped into it. One must: try the Suite 88 chocolate from the mini-bar....best thing ever. I had some of the dark and then ran to the store (a few blocks from the hotel) to bring 12 bars back home!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights over the weekend and had a great time. Le St-Martin is a wonderful hotel with very courteous and helpful staff, central location is within walking distance to the Eaton's Centre and other attractions and a $40 cab ride from the airport. We even walked to Old Montreal for lunch. The rooms are fabulous with a great view of the city. We ate several times at Aromate, both breakfast and dinner, the food was quite good and the atmosphere very pleasant.
I would highly recommend Le St-Martin for a weekend getaway. Very Nice!!

Rosemère, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

One-night couples getaway including the supper at the Aromate restaurant. Staff was courteous and helpful. Quality of the hotel is unsurpassed. Quality of the bed and linens are incredible, for a great nights sleep. We had the Verriere room with an amazing view of the city streets of Montreal. We did not get to try the pool, but will be back to try it out. Just an all out great experience from start to finish.

Shelburne
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Le St-Martin in Montreal, our room the Verriere had an amazing wall of windows over looking the downtown. Staff was very polite, helpful and accommodating. A great location for McGill, Park Mont Royal, restaurants and many museums. I've never had a such a beautiful bath tub -with it's own TV. Another first was a knock on the door and there was a staff member with a cart offering complimentary snacks! Although the pool was closed It was worth the look and would be a nice place on a hot summer day in the city.

Room Tip: The Verriere room was something we will not forget
Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you can get a room with the stand-alone bath, I highly recommend it. The rooms are extremely clean and new. Also, it isn't a bad thing to get room service here - their pancakes are some of the best I have ever had. Close walk to St. Catherine St., McGill Campus, Concordia Campus, and not too far from the metro. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Shawinigan, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My hubby had bought a package through Tuango as a Christmas present. He bought 2 nights, one with the 5 service meal included at the hotel restaurant. We had great help from Amanda at the front desk when I called to make a reservation. Since we are nearing the end for applicable dates, I guess that there were quite a few that wanted to get their time in before the certificates expired. She fixed us up and answered any questions that I had.
The location is perfect for visiting downtown Montreal, and also for the underground city.
When we arrived, we were greeted by the valets who were very welcoming and helpful. Cynthia checked us in, and we were soon in our room. Hubby noticed that since we were on the 3rd floor, we could hear traffic, and was concerned that this would affect my sleep...and the purpose of our getaway was to relax, and sleep! We called down to reception...and we were re-located to the 9th floor...ahhh....much better. We were in a Versailles room, which has one wall being floor to ceiling windows. It was great...the bed was comfy, the bathroom very well appointed, and all was spotless. The dressing gowns and slippers came in handy when we decided to use the pool Fri. evening. The pool was very warm...the only negative was that the whirlpool function was out of order. But we still enjoyed the warmth...and there were a few others that came and went while we were there, so it is used often.
The hotel is very quiet, we only heard noise from other patrons twice, for a few seconds...so it was great for relaxation.
On both early evenings we had a knock on our door, and a friendly lady was offering us snacks and soft drinks, on the house. This really was a nice touch, and appreciated.
Everyone was very helpful, friendly and professional. The elevator system with the key cards gave us a sense of the security in the hotel. I was glad that I brought my eye mask though, as the drapes only cover a small part of the windows....so the mask helped me sleep in much later than normal.
If ever there is another package deal for this hotel...I will definitely grab it, as our experience here was perfect in every way...from valet, to reception, to housekeeping..everyone was great. Oh...we were served in French....and English!!

Room Tip: Take a room higher up if street noise bothers you. If you book a Versailles room, be prepared for a...
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here during Easter weekend to see a Montreal Canadiens game. The location of the hotel is very convenient to all the hot spots of downtown Montreal - we walked everywhere. The hotel appears to be quite new and well maintained. The rooms were great and the pool - well cool.

I appreciated that the room was well equipped for four, enough towels and toiletries for four. The front desk was very accommodating and friendly. While the pool, which is really a very large hot tub is only open for a couple of hours a day, the front desk said they would open it up for us if we gave them 15 minutes notice. We did this on a couple of occasions and the pool was ready for us when we came down. My kids loved the pool.

On Saturday night we had a pleasant knock on the door offering treats for the kids - how nice.
Check in and check out was easy. There is valet parking which makes it easier considering the downtown location.

We will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family