Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal
  • Pool
  • Pool
Hotel Ambrose(Montreal)
1,662 results
All reviewsgrand lux roomheated poolsoaking tubheart of downtownbeautiful hotelvalet parkingperfect locationromantic getawaymini barearly checkroom keyhighly recommend this hotelbottled watervalet servicemcgill universityupon checkunderground city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Montreal is a beautiful city. My fiance and I had never been there and we both loved it. The hotel we chose to stay at was reserved using a Living Social deal. This deal came included valet parking and a special early-bird check-in for 11:00. The early check-in was specifically why we elected to purchase the deal. We knew we would be driving up early from Boston (a six hour drive) and would want to get checked in, freshened up but still have the day to spend in the city. We left Boston at around 5:00am specifically to get to Montreal on time. We dfidn't quite make our time, but still arrived to Montreal at 11:45. When we got there we were informed no rooms were ready for us. we told them our deal specifically included early check-in and that moreover, we were 45 minutes past that time! They informed us, as thought it was nothing, that a room would not be ready for us until 4:00! We had just sat in a car for six hours, and they told us we wouldn't be able to have any kind of shower, or even changing of clothes for four hours. Had we arrived at precisely 11:00, we would have had to wait an additional 45 minutes, mind yo, making our wait time almost five hours. When we came back to the hotel at 4:00, our room still wasn't ready and the valet needed another half an hour to take our car. When we checked out the next day, we told them what had happened and asked if there would be any compensation, they said "no, it doesn't work that way in Montreal." They said this with a very snooty tone. We loved the hotel, and our room was beautiful, but the staff's dower attitude really dampened our trip. We are sad to give such a low rating to such a beautiful hotel. To those who wise to go here, we hope you have better luck with their staff. Also, we ate twice at the hotel's four star restaurant and both times we felt slighted by our waitress. She seemed just as snooty to us as the front desk did. I know my fiance and I don't aren't millionaires, but we were very friendly, respectful and nicely dressed. Yet in all situations we felt as though we were made uncomfortable by the staff's dismissive attitude towards us. Other patrons, particularly other French speaking patrons, seemed to be getting much better service at the restaurant as well as at the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Venniere Suite, with the panoramic windows. It was quaint but delightful. The room and the tub and the bed - all fantastic.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rebekahmae24
Rossella R, Front Office Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear rebekahmae24,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments on your recent stay. We apologize that we were not able to accommodate your 11:00 am check in time due to an unforeseen situation, and we are truly sorry that we were not able to show you the quality of service and standards that we strive to uphold to all of our guests.

Regarding the statement "no, it doesn't work that way in Montreal." It really comes to us as a surprise. Rest assured we will follow up internally and make certain such out of place comments to do not happen again.

Finally, we are saddened that you did not enjoy your experience at le St-Martin to its fullest, but I want to reinforce the fact that we NEVER differentiate guests based on language or ethnicity.

Thanks again for staying at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier and hopefully we have the chance to host you again, and change your perception of our hospitality.

Regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I loved the room I was allocated - it had a huge bathroom with jacuzzi and a latticed blind that you could open to turn the room into one big bedroom/bathroom space. All the equipment and furnishings are really excellent and brand new. Bed and bedding and decor were really superb. Well stocked bar and Nespresso coffee machine.

I didn't notice any noise problems and I found staff courteous and room service efficient and prompt.

My gripe is with the restaurant, but of course you don't have to eat here. We did as it was -30 outside;-). The cooking was pretentious,heavy and tasteless, the cocktails very poor (the smallest and most bizarre Old Fashioned I have ever seen!) and the wine list is way over-priced.

Stay here, eat out!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DavidFinch9436
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The St-Martin was an amazing hotel to stay in. It is perfectly located to anything that you may meed whether it be entertainment(movies, bars&lounges etc) or food where a large number of diverse restaurants are located. The hotel has a gym(a little small but still convenient) in addition to a WONDERFUL outdoor heated pool. The pool itself is quite small but has that enchanting/isolated feel to it. You are able to enjoy a relaxing swim and relax to mellow music. The staff were friendly enough. We had to call for a heating issue in the room and within a few minutes someone arrived at the door to fix the problem. The room was absolutely gorgeous and spacious enough for 2 people. The wall facing our bed was full of glass windows and shutters that enabled to look at outside and make it feel even more luxurious. The room is well equipped with a flatscreen tv(+ complimentary wifi). My favourite part of the room was the bathroom: breathtaking! There is a huge whirlpool tub that fits two people comfortably and a flatscreen tv facing the tub a well. Something out of "MTV cribs" . The only downfall of the tv was that it only seemed to play one channel which was the "french news" . The room was CLEAN (big emphasis on clean) and modern looking which suited our needs perfectly.
I do believe that the breakfast menu is quite a bit pricy however, it is the same in every hotel I have stayed in(when not complimentary) and there is a variety of choices offered. (We did not eat breakfast here)
All in all, it was an amazing stay(it was also y 21st birthday). I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially to couples who want a romantic getaway. I had a livingsocial voucher and paid 150$ for the room which was definitely a great deal!
Would I pay 285$(standard price of the room) , maybe not. As I have stayed at other hotels who offer almost or even more for less. I'd definitely give it a 9/10

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Let me start by saying that the front desk staff during our three night stay were warm and friendly throughout. No issues there whatsoever, and we felt very welcome indeed. Even the poor guy who was all alone on a Saturday night kept his composure and delivered top notch service. The gentleman who checked us in on Thursday, March 7 was wonderful. I wish I could remember his name--Kudos to him for his customer service skills.

We did have the opportunity to use the pool a few times, which we loved, especially after we noticed the timers for the jets, which turns it into a virtual hot tub. Yes, the pool is small, but its a beautifully designed jewel and it feels very luxurious indeed to be able to swim outside in winter.

The rooms are comfortable, clean and should be given an interior design award--stunning. My one gripe is the lack of a true wall between the bed and the bathroom (there are only sliding shutters). This is a design feature I have seen in other boutique hotels, and I wonder at its origins. I can see it working if at least the toilet was closed off, but as is, its a bit of a mood killer if you are seeking a romantic weekend. Maybe I am just not a modern girl, but I believe that some things need to be kept private.
One other small complaint about the room--the blackout curtains in our room did not close, which let in the morning light. Not fun if you are trying to sleep in. I should point out that these are very small issues, and not ones that can be changed easily, so they are not dealbreakers by any means.

In room amenities are lovely. Great toiletries and good Keurig coffee. There is a coffee machine in the lobby which delivers complimentary espresso / cafe au lait etc. Unlike most machines of this type, this coffee is actually hot and very good.

The location cannot be beat--being just north of St. Catherine, you are close to the metro and the best shopping in Canada, but far enough away that you can't hear the party animals that roam the street at night.

We would return to this hotel in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the pool, ask for a room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is really an excellent hotel. Great location! Close to great shopping. Quiet even though our window was on the main street, " de Maisonneuve ". Outdoor pool! Everything was perfect. The room was clean and confortable. Free Nespresso style café. The bed was amazingly soft and warm with a choice of pillows. I would have liked a smaller pillow ... Complimentary snack. The staff very helpful. We had lunch at the Arromate, the food and wine was great. The next day we had breakfast and if you like Egg Benedict, well you will not be disappointed. The best we've had.

Room Tip: There is a discount and the parking is included if you have a CAA or AAA card.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederic A, Director of Sales at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Le St-Martin, and for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community!
Its always a pleasure reading such positive feedback on our services as we are delighted you enjoyed your stay amongst us, especially that you took fll advantage of our awesome location, and the quality of our rooms.

You also did mention that you would have preferred smaller pillows, and in that regard, I am very exited to let you know that we are currently working on a "Pillow Menu" for all our guests.
Yes, you read it right! Soon we will offer a choice of pillows upon reservation and during your stay.

Alot of hotels talk about personalized service, we make sure it actually happens!

Looking forward to hosting you again soon!