“Gorgeous bathroom!”

Ranked #18 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
UnitedStates
“Gorgeous bathroom!”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Pros: hotel is located near the metro station. Room was clean and the bathroom was just gorgeous. Most of the staffs were friendly except for two see below.
Cons: arrived at 2pm but was told that the room was not ready because the other guest had just checked out. Usually check out time is at 11am, checking in at 3pm but were told that usual checking time would be at 4pm, told to come back then. Bed and the pillows were just uncomfortable. I woke up with a stiff neck. The heated pool can barely fit two people and you can only do one lap. During checkout, I asked the staff at the front desk if to make sure there are no incidental charges on my bill and his response was " no unless you want me to charge you". I said " not but I want to make sure that I don't get charged for something". His reply then was " no but is there anything you want to charge?" that we just a very silly response instead of just reassuring me that everything is good. Maybe it was the pillow that made me cranky haha.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederic A, Director of Sales at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Le St-Martin for your recent stay in Montreal, and for sharing your thoughs and comments on TripAdvsisor.
I am delighted to read you found our bathrooms and location to be above your expectations.

On the other hand, I am sorry to hear you found the beds too stiff. To be honest, we sometimes get mixed reviews on our pillows (depends on personal preference) but its extremely rate we get any negative feedback on the bed itself.
Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

If our dipping pool is indeed rather small (its more of a relaxation pool-lounge area than a pool to do laps in) I am sorry about the miscommunication at the moment of departure.

Please continue of thinking of us for future stays in Montréal,

Best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I spent 5 nights in the hotel initially for business while attending a conference for 3 days and then a weekend with my husband and 3 other couples. Overall the hotel was a perfect location (one block form the convention center on Sherbrooke) and very central to downtown/restaurants. The first room was very comfortable and clean but there was no water pressure in the shower. I moved to another room for the weekend and there was no problem with the water pressure. The staff were very helpful and responsive. I misplaced my Kindle and was afraid I had left it in the original room. They escorted me back to the original room and we looked together but later the cleaning person found it in my room and ran to show me. Very helpful. Parking is an additional $30/night at the hotel but there are other parking facilities (on Metcalf) which looked to be about $16. I would happily stay here again.

1 Thank r0binh
Melbourne
Reviewed May 2, 2012

A very nice hotel and service, the room was very spacious and clean. Comfortable bed and pillow. Ipod/phone speakers, amenities were great! from the soap to shampoo, they smelt great. The conditioner was good enough. Water and coffee were complimentary and the coffee (capsules) was very good too, the only criticism here is that they placed the sugar in the fridge... so it was quite messy to use them.

Another review here mentioned water pressure problems, I experienced just a bit of low water pressure but nothing serious, however compared to other showers in other hotels, this shower seems to spray less water.

I really liked the room design, the only thing that I can fault with the room was the ventilation/heating system, it was quite noisy when it started during the night, so it woke me up several times on the first night, the second night I changed the setting and did not wake up as many times so not sure whether it was due to the setting or that I just slept because I was so tired...

The staff was great, fast response, very courteous and made us feel very welcome.
Breakfast okay, nothing extraordinary except the price. Quite pricey.

Location was very good, close to shopping areas.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with less noise due to ventilation system, maybe they know which rooms have higher com...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community, and for staying at Le St-Martin.

Overall we are delighred to see you had such a positive guest experience amongst us.
Being the newest luxury hotel in downtown Montreal, we are often put again high expectations from our new customers (and rightfully so..) and its always great to read we delivered on the promise.

Regarding the noisy ventilation system, please take note that we are gradually making updates to the system to ensure the noise level is drastically reduced.
As you kindly suggestedm should you bew a very light sleeper, please let us know at the moment of reservation (or arrival) and we will adjust to ensure you have a good night's sleep.

Thank you, again, for choosinf Le St-Martin Montréal,

Best,
dre11434
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My visit to Montreal was for a brief weekend getaway. I chose this hotel based on the reviews from this site so hopefully mine will be helpful to someone on the fence about this hotel.

The good:
-Exceptionally clean hotel and rooms. I didn't find anything to complain about.
-The location is great for someone who wants to take in the entire city. You are in the middle of the city with access to the subway right down the street, a mall around the corner and countless bistros and watering holes two blocks down. For a future visit as a couple I might try staying in the Old Port area and curtail my activities to just Old Montreal.
-Free WiFi.. Very welcome after being gouged on a recent trip to another 4 start hotel.. Not just "free wifi" but reliable and fast free wifi.
-Don't go too far searching for breakfast. The bistro in the lobby serves up an amazing fare. The presentation is impeccable and makes you re-think why you go to your local diner which probably costs you about the same what breakfast will cost you at the bistro.
-The heated pool felt great. It was 49 with a light drizzle when I dipped in and I didn't want to leave.

The Bad:
-The heated pool. Sure it felt great, it only took 3 trips to see if it was available. This "pool" is a narrow strip and can barely fit 4 couples. 2 families and there is no room to dip a toe in.
- Excessive parking cost. Parking is valet and costs $30 a day with in and out access. So whatever price you get quoted for a nightly rate, add $30. Do yourself a favor and plan ahead and try to find parking around the block at a cheaper rate.
-The bed was ok but the rocks in my pillow were not. Ok, there were no actual rocks but those were some of the hardest, heaviest pillows that I've ever slept on. One could cause serious damage in a well intentioned pillow fight with these bad boys.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank dre11434
Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Shower was the worst in the world that I have ever had...no water pressure...I have stayed in at least 500 different hotels in the world, this one wins the prize as worst shower ever. Staff at the front desk were not helpful and indifferent. The restaurant next door serves breakfast, but it is VERY expensive and the food was awful. Many, many, more hotels to stay at in Montreal...this is not the one that I would chose again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lovetotravel983899
Frederic A, Director of Sales at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Obviously, I am dissapointed to read your experience with us was not up to your expectations.
Its actually the first time we hear of a lack of pressure in the showers, but rest assured our maintenance staff will investigate the issue.

Regarding, the breakfast at our restaurant I must admit I am very surprised. Our goal at Le St-Martin is always to please our guest, and we make an effort to offer a breakfast options that are largly less expensive that other comparable hotels.
I am truly sorry you did not enjoy the food. L'Aromate is well know restaurant in Montreal, and enjoys a big local crown of regulars but I certainly understand food is a question of taste and that you might not have liked our menu.

Thanks for choosing Le St-Martin Montreal,
Columbus, OH
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Great Chic Boutique Montreal hotel, service, location and rooms

2 Thank kuzmonious
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked a night in a Grand Lux Suite on the 6th floor. The staff were all very welcoming and the lobby area was gorgeous. The hotel is right in the heart of downtown Montreal so you're not far from major shopping and lots of restaurants. The room itself was amazing! The decor was great; modern for the most part. We loved the layout, especially the sliding doors that allowed for unrestricted view of the gorgeous bathroom. You can also opt to keep the doors shut for privacy.

The bathroom....wow...the bathroom was beyond awesome. The tub was absolutely massive and there was a flatscreen tv for watching while you relax in a bubblebath. The shower is separate and very roomy. All the normal amenities were provided; bars of soap, shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath, towels, etc. There is a dimmer switch in the bathroom as well to provide a little romantic mood lighting if desired.

The bed was very clean and super comfy. There was something not right about the pillows though. I'm not really sure what the deal is but they were not comfortable at all and I truly wish I brought my own with me.

We didn't have any noise issues on that floor which was great. We had trouble with the thermostat, I couldn't get it to adjust at all. We checked out the pool area, which is very nicely done but didn't have our swimsuits so we didn't get to try it. I did notice that the water was warm, so while the pool isn't large enough for the kiddies to play, it's great for a relaxing soak I think.

All in all, we had a stay minus the pillows.

Room Tip: 6th floor was quiet Bring your own pillow
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple