“Perfect location, very nice rooms”

Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal
Ranked #16 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We had never been to Montreal before and we had no idea where to stay. I am so glad we stayed here. The hotel is modern and clean, and the decor is beautiful. The bathrooms did not bother me, but i wouldnt recommend this hotel for families as the privacy door can be opened from the outside and you can watch the person shower. We did switch rooms because our shower had no water pressure, but they were very accommodating. However, I think our first room was a little bit bigger. The hotel was in walking distance to everything. We walked up to the Parc Mount-Royal (do not wear heels). It is also a short distance to Old Montreal, and one block away from St. Catherine Street, and a ton of bars and restaurants. We did not take the metro anywhere but there is a station across the street. If we come back I will definitely stay here.

We did not eat in the restaurant but the food looked very good there.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed October 9, 2011

This hotel is centrally located in Downtown Montreal. There are lots of great restaurants and shopping within walking distance.The hotel is just over a year old and it is very clean. The decor is superb. The security is above average (elevator: must have a passkey to operate, room safe is in bathroom.) Got a suite and it was a fantastic room. Huge soaker tub for two, great view (windows on three sides!), comfy bed and clean linens. Mini bar is stocked with quality goods. Room service was quick and friendly (breakfast). The outdoor pool is heated and while on the small side, it was very nice to soak in. Service at the front desk was friendly and efficient. I would recommend this hotel for its cleanliness and friendly service.

The only con to our experience was the late night noise from the street below. It was a Saturday night that we stayed at the hotel and we had a lot of glass area in our suite. This situation is not under the control of the hotel. If you have young children, you may want to request a room with fewer windows or less window area.

Overall GO TO THIS HOTEL: great value and very clean!! Also a non smoking hotel!

Room Tip: Corner suite has great views but may be subject to street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Frederic A, Director of Sales at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Dear guests,

Very happy to hear you loved your stay at Le St-Martin Montréal!
From your review, I understand you stayed in one our Verrière rooms, which are most most popular room type due to its great views and natural light.

The wall of windows those rooms boast, do have one small downside. Indeed, weekend nights in Montreal are full of nightlife and party, and if not on a high floor you might hear a little of the street noise. It's nothing major but we do get the comment once in a while.

Looking forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2011

Great hotel, beautiful room and a wonderful service.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite with a nice hot tub
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Wonderful hotel, beautiful lobby. Very good restaurant. Hosted a corporate event here and I enjoyed it very much. All services worked well including wifi and the staff were very helpful and eagar to make sure we had a great experience.

I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed September 21, 2011

When travelling I enjoying going off the beaten path of staying in major chains, so when the opportunity came up to try out this boutique hotel in Montreal it was an easy decision. Arriving late on the Friday evening the valet was prompt to help with the luggage and check-in was quick and friendly. The Verriere suite which was part of the stay package wass spacious and the seperate soaker tub was an added bonus for my friend who I was travelling with. Breakfast service in the morning was quick and the food was good (especially the bacon!) and so were the drinks in the bar in the evening. The two small details I would have to point out was the noise from the street at night and the noise coming from another room of a couple engaging in some late night activities. The walls are a bit thin but is like that in many hotels. Other than the noise the stay itself was fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask to be put on a room higher up on the floors if possible and the Verreire suite includes a firepl...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was literally tempted to begin writing my review immediately upon arrival. Our experience at this hotel was absolutely top notch.

A special thank you to all the members of the valet staff. I am sorry I didn't get your names, but they were unbelieveably helpful, friendly and courteous. Restaurant and bar staff were also very good.

The atmosphere of the hotel is great. Contemporary, clean, new, fresh, stylish...

We stayed in a regular king size room and were very pleased. Upon our arrival a note from the hotel manager wishing my husband and me a happy anniversary and a box of 2 decadant chocolates was sitting on the bed. A very nice touch that experienced hotelers can appreciate.

The bathroom was extremely clean as was the rest of the room. I loved the glass shower. Even the amenities were great. I often bring my own conditioner to hotels because the free amenity is mostly water, but the shampoo, conditioner and lotion here was great. It's the small things sometimes :)

We arrived on Thursday evening and stayed through Sunday. Friday around 5pm we happened to be resting in the room preparing to go out again and a faint knock was at the door. We opened it to find a hotel staff member with a cart of beverages and snacks. She asked us if we wanted anything and promptly informed us it was free! I have never heard of such a service before.

Friday night we ate dinner in town but came back to the hotel bar for a drink. Good drinks, good service but the drinks were a bit overpriced. Saturday night we ate dinner in the hotel restaurant and were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the presentation and the food iteself. Food prices were reasonable.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Montreal!

Room Tip: Even the basic king room was lavish!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tdrf
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My favorite thing about this hotel is its location. It's about a block away from the nearest metro stop (Peel), although you probably don't need to take the subway to get to most attractions if you don't mind a bit of walking. It's about 5 blocks away from one of the main entrances into Parc du Mont Royal (at Rue Peel and Avenue des Pins Ouest), and it's a must visit on a nice day!

Oh heck, that's not my only favorite thing about the hotel. I love their daily complimentary coffee brewer and bottled water refills - two things I need daily, their super firm yet fluffy pillows, and their workstation with desk top outlet (so you don't have to crawl under to plug/unplug). Standard room comes with a sizable shower stall, no bathtub, in case you're into that stuff... I could care less.

Some previous reviews complained about the wifi. Let me just affirm that I haven't had any wifi connectivity issues during my entire stay here, and I used it daily. Wifi is consistent and relatively fast (although I didn't do any heavy downloading). It resets every 24hrs so you just need to reenter your room info to restart the cycle.

The gym is on the 4th floor right by my room, which I never used. I took a peek and thought it was pretty small, but I really didn't have the need to run like a hamster on my vacay when I'm walking everywhere.

The room service from the restaurant downstairs (L'Aromate) is prompt (but pricey as expected)! It took them 10-15min to deliver my food, and they were pretty tasty.

The room cleaning service starts early. They'd be guaranteed to knock on my door by 9am if I didn't have a "do not disturb" sign out. So make sure you have it out if you plan on sleeping in one morning. Or else 3 knocks and they're in.

Room Tip: I found a deal on Jetsetter and got about 35% off the standard king room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo