“A culinary journey!”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We made reservations at the last minute and were lucky enough to have found a spot (9:30 seating).
Upon entering this cozy restaurant, we knew that we were in for a treat. The attentive and pleasant waitress walked us through the daily menu and offered advice and clarifications to all the meals, did not try to upsell any alcohol, and generally was a welcome part of the dining experience.

The restaurant is small. They have 6 tables which can fit between 2-4 people each. This atmosphere makes it feel intimate. I cant say that I heard any of the conversations from the other tables.

The food.
It was simply AMAZING!!!! The attention to detail in every dish was like the Chef was speaking to my taste-buds a language which only he knew. I normally add pepper or other things to the food, but this time, I did not want to risk messing up that balance of ANYTHING.

I think I had the tasting menu of 5 items, I cant remember, but I do know that I was pleased. AND, I would come back in a heartbeat!
Dont let anyone of the negative reviews discourage you. If you enjoy fine dining, and understand logistics, make a reservation in advance, and anticipate being taken on a culinary journey.

The Chef and Waitress team are really cool. We hung out afterwards and chatted with them. They really like what they do, and told us about how they had to turn people away everyday. There is only one chef, and he does not want to compromise quality for quantity.

4  Thank riyaliti

Reviewed April 1, 2013

For the food and service! Creative and caring! Montreal is lucky to have such a diversity in gastronomical universe! This is a place you will always remember for the good energy!
We will be back to try the rest of the menu!
Thanks!
Sylvain

3  Thank SYLVAIN75008
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I could not resist such star reviews.We were told to arrive exactly at the time of reservation, because all tables may be occupied and they can not hold reservation.Were infromed about problems with parking.The restaraunt was empty ( later on 3 couples arrived), street was extremely dilapidated and empty .Restaraunt as itself- presentation of the food was exquisite and extremely beautiful.Food as itself- extremely spicy ( which is completely impossible for french cousine) and mediocre by best assesment.Service was good and ,who was waiting was friendly and amicable.Vine list was extremely funny, starting form $60 for the bottle of regular vine which costs $8-9 in the neighborhood store.
Summing up- extremely mediocre and terribly overpriced place.There is huge amount of absolutely great restaraunts in Montreal.Obviously this was out last visit there

2  Thank Borya
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I found the food to be really dry and not anything special. The Salmon had little pieces of medal in it as I think he was using old cookware. When I tried to return it, the chef gave me a huge attitude and said I was trying to steal from him. Honestly, I found the whole experience to be a little too cliquy for me. Poor Service, Ugly Restaurant and Subpar food (food the price). It's a shame as I had high hopes. I'd stay away.

3  Thank harv405
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I need to start off by thanking fellow TA reviewers, without whom I would have not learned about this gem of a restaurant tucked away on a side street at the Plateau. It's a simple place with an unassuming facade, which only stands out from the nearby houses by it's spotted cow-like awning.

This restaurant is sheer proof of what real quality ingredients and a genius chef can do to your senses. You almost feel like not adding anything to disturb your palate, but they do have a few good wines and top notch Japanese green tea. I had promised myself to no longer eat foie gras, but I chose the menu with this dish as main entree and it was simply phenomenal. A meal that I will certainly not forget.

I emailed then before going to Montreal and was lucky to get a place on a weekend, but it turned out to be even colder (freezing to be exact) for Montreal so the place was quiet. I've been to posher and much more expensive places, and this one beats all of them. I promise I will always come back here anytime I go to Montreal. You will certainly not regret dining here.

4  Thank Lune14