“Vraiment super!”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed October 17, 2012

It's like the chef's receiving us in his kitchen/dining room. Had the tasting menu...great food, great time, the chef knew what he was doing. I was kinda shocked by the atypical look of the restaurant but we truly had a great time. Every plate left the table empty. A true gem!

3  Thank 514Tom

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Run! Don't walk to this gem. You won't believe it when you arrive. A small room with 18 guests maximum. A galley kitchen. The guests, the chef and the server all together. The chef is from Tokyo. He came to Montreal to live in a french culture and hone his skills. The lady serving (I'm not sure if she was his business partner, spouse or other) was absolutely delightful and multilingual.
The food was as much a surprise as everything else. It really only deserves superlatives. The Black cod or sablefish marinated in miso; simply one of the finest fish dishes I have ever had. The slow cooked lamb in an unctious tomato based sauce with herbs and spices. Black sesame ice cream for dessert. Now, I've had a lot of ice cream in my life, but this stood out again. Incredible!

4  Thank David S
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This place is lovely. The outside is painted with cow spots which was a little strange. The inside is positively lovely. The menu is truly fusion. Start with a lovely warm sake from the incredible selection. The menu is vast. Everything we ordered was yummy. I have to say it is a little strange to be eating leg of lamb and risotto with chopsticks!! We loved our meal and shared many dishes to get the most from the menu.You really must reserve here as there are only 6 tables. The husband and wife team really make you feel like you are in the own kitchen.

4  Thank maimogirl
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Excellent food, real good quality, and full of new flavours I never tasted before. All four of us were very satisfied with the food, and the service was excellent. Way enough food in the plate. Expect about $75 per person including taxes, tips and a glass of wine or two. Small place, so make sure to make a reservation as I guess it fills up rather quickly on a busy evening (Sunday evening was very quite though ;)).

3  Thank Heim
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This Japanese fusion place is truly amazing. I went there with two of my friends and they really love it. I had a set menu and its soooo good!!. Its worth the money spent. Really high quality food. Would recommend to try it out. It might end up to be pretty pricey. Also the atmosphere was really good, its like a small house. Reservation is necessary because the place really small.

3  Thank Chakrit M