“Great venue”

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Ranked #21 of 394 things to do in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on Île Notre-Dame, the 4.361 km-long Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve hosts the Grand Prix du Canada, as well as biking, in-line skating, jogging and walking enthusiasts!
Long Branch, New Jersey
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Easy access to and from the track via Metro. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is the best location to veiw an F1 race.

• Polish first
Road Town, Tortola
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Always a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Canada knows how to do F1. The welcome and atmosphere is always superb in Montreal. It would be great to see improced catering on site, but I guess these things are pretty standardised.

montreal
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“I love my islands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Circuit gilles villeneuve is one of my favorite places to bike. The ride over is pretty past habitat 67 and the track is carefree from potholes and cars. It is fun to imagine you are riding where million dollar cars race, but at one tenth of the speed. I love CGV.

Victoria, Canada
369 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 308 helpful votes
“From a non-autosport person!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am not a fan of autosports, but my boys are, and for them I go to the races. We've made several trips to Montreal for the F1 Grand Prix, but it has not been our only racing destination over the years. Regardless, however, of my general dislike of autosports, I don't hesitate to come to Montreal. For a track, the access is very good. Staff has always been good. The food is iffy, no better or worse than other North American tracks, but a fair cut below what we've had in Europe. Amenities are hit and miss -- some permanent toilets but rarely any toilet paper; porta-potties have only hand-sanitizer and no option to actually wash. Access is really the selling point for this track, as the subway really manages to take care of the hundreds of thousands of spectators with exceptional ease. Signage around the track is really fine and most of the walking paths are well maintained (the scenery is pretty).

Now if we could just figure out how to make it stop raining on the F1 weekend, or alternately convince the track to install covered seating!

Gold Coast Australia
289 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“Up to you.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I found this interesting, but I am a F1 fan. It is a bit disjointed to get to. You can catch a train to the first Island but you then have to get on another bus to get over to the Casino area. That bus does not go back into town.

Visited May 2013