Review Highlights

Ievadamours
Montreal, Canada
via mobile
Halloween Theme Day

We had a great family day, Our first impression was Amazing, staff at front gate Advised us as a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $43.40
from $89.00
from $52.60
More Info
All reviews season pass thrill rides popular rides great amusement park fire works admission price super fun goliath vampire slingshot flags halloween adrenaline
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great place for kids to enjoy Halloween. Many staff costumed, two different shows and there was another program for teenagers adults at night.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great family day,
Our first impression was
Amazing, staff at front gate
Advised us as a family the
Best value for us. We certainly
Already felt welcomed. We had to obtain our season passes and their
System was very efficient.
The park was decorated for Halloween, it was wonderful. Lots of
Kids and kids at heart wore costumes. Must warn you at this time of year to dress warm, it was cold. Didn’t stop us going on the huge Ferris wheel to view the city
From the top.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited La Ronde on a weekend in October, during their Halloween festivities. Having been to many theme parks around North America, it’s sad to see how badly Six Flags takes care of its only theme park in Canada.

Almost every ride is old. Very old. As in 20-30 years. And it shows. What’s more, it doesn’t look like the basic upkeep to maintain appearance has been done. Paint has all but chipped away on many surfaces, flags & canvas is torn, full of holes, or missing entirely. Door handles are loose, metal is rusted beyond belief, cement is cracked and uneven.... everything just looks OLD, poorly taken care of, and on the verge of falling apart.

What’s more, we visited on a fall weekend, which as most Canadians expect, will be chilly. We dressed for the weather, but after 3-4 hours of queue lines and cold wind on rides, we searched for a place to warm up. We were disappointed to find only one place in the whole park (Saloon) that was indoors and heated. The Subway was indoors but almost as cold as outside (the staff we wearing winter jackets!), and almost everywhere else is counter service with outdoor seating - fine for summer, horrible for a park that also operates in the fall.

I’m not asking for major new buildings to be constructed, but there aren’t even any portable heaters out ANYWHERE. Not in the queues, not in the eating areas, not even in the entrances. It would be a small investment to set up banks of heaters ima few places to give their guests (and staff) a place to quickly warm up as they enjoy their day.

All in all, likely won’t return when I come back to Montreal, and definitely not after mid September. Six flags needs to do some upkeep to bring La Ronde in line with the rest of its portfolio.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Too much waiting and don’t go to Chien chaud gourmet hot dog it took 1h30 to get our food and the staff is very rude and un professionnal

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We travelled to Montreal to experience Fright Fest at La Ronde as we have done in the past which involved an overnight stay at paid accommodations in Montreal.
My family and I have had seasons passes for the past 4 years and were aware that there was an additional charge for Fright Fest above the charge for the seasons passes. We purchased our tickets at approx. 5:30pm and paid the additional $54. for 3 people and lined up for the first attraction. Shortly after buying the tickets but, prior to the events commencing (start time at 6PM) my step daughter developed a migraine headache at which time we decided not to partake in the Fright fest as it would only compound her migraine and worsen her medical condition. She is a long time migraine sufferer.

We asked for a refund of our tickets that we had purchase only a half an hour prior. We are aware the tickets are non refundable however given the sudden nature of her medical condition and the circumstances, we felt it only appropriate to receive a refund as we had not partaken in the event as the event had not yet started. Certainly our tickets could be resold.

After taking our daughter to our car to rest and get away from noise and light, we were shuttled around to 4 different locations at different parts of the park to try and obtain a refund. I understand having a “No refund policy” and if it had been half way through the night; I would have been disappointed but, I would have understood. We first asked for a refund 10 minutes after the official start of the Fright Fest event. Clearly we never had the opportunity to use the tickets as the lineups were an hour long for any of the Fright Fest paid attractions.
Our being there took nothing away from any other paying guest. We received absolutely no benefit for the $54 that we paid.

We waited a long time and after an hour, we finally spoke to a supervisor, the first of many who would not authorize a refund even though it was due to a medical issue. My step-daughter, my wife and I were deeply offended by the supervisor who said that we should know when a medical condition is going to happen.”We should have seen it coming.” to quote the supervisor. It's like saying that anyone who suffers from any spontaneous medical condition should never do anything. I could understand that if we had assigned seating and that, by us not attending, the management would not be able to resell our seats but, this was not the case. The haunted houses at La Ronde are such a big attraction that people are waiting for over an hour to get into most of them.

Finally, after 2 hours and 7 staff members, we were directed to customer service for a second time. They finally relented and issued a credit notice on our account that was valid for 2 weeks only for Fright Fest tickets.

For $54 La Ronde has put such a bad taste in our mouths that we are highly unlikely to ever consider to return as customers. It is ridiculous that it took two hours, 7 staff and walking all over the park, to finally get a credit note to another Fright Fest in the same season. In my opinion this is the epitome of poor customer service.

We had been season pass holders for 4 years and have overlooked several issues of poor customer service in the past but, this was the final straw.

Other poor customer service experiences we have had over the past 4 years include the following:

It was cold, rainy and 6 degrees celsius when I waited 20 minutes or so in line to get hot chocolate. When I got to the front of the line, I was told that there was no hot chocolate available to be sold at any Beavertail location in the park. This information could have been communicated to the park patrons by posting a simple sign that relayed this information. I would not have waited for 20 plus minutes in the damp cold for no reason. No one seemed to care when I asked why they did not have a sign saying that hot chocolate wasn’t available. Again, an example of how customer service could be improved on.

I understand that in Quebec, the law requires French lettering on signs are to be larger than the English lettering. However, often the English is so small it makes it difficult to read. Many signs are in French only. I would suggest that when replacing old signage or installing new signage at the park, that consideration be given for those English reading patrons and that signage be improved to offer a better experience to those patrons.

Along the same line of better servicing English speaking patrons, despite my efforts to set my email settings to English, my emails from La Ronde all arrive in French primarily. It is my experience that it is often a challenge to find and read an English translation.

Some rides have bilingual pre-recorded messages but, they almost never have a live operator that can provide English instructions to the non-French speaking populace. My wife, who does not speak any French, had an experience in which a ride operator walked up to her and in French said; “the safety harness is too loose may I push on it to make it tighter?” He did not wait for a response and proceeded to do so before I could translate this information to her. For my wife, the experience was that a ride operator came up to her, said something she did not understand, and then all of a sudden pushed really hard on her chest through the safety restraint. She was quite taken aback.

The Halloween Haunt has been fun in years past however, this event is always very crowded and wait times to get into each attraction are often an hour or more.

Food operators in the park are notoriously slow - waiting 30 minutes or more for a mediocre hamburger is standard. The only reasonably quick food service operation in the park is at McDonalds. Perhaps all the employees in the Park need to experience a work rotation at the McDonalds in order to help them learn how to be more efficient effective when serving customers.
Many food locations do not have proper queues. I was at the crepe place around 5:30 PM and there were 20 people in a huddle all around the cash, 3 people deep with no line so whoever got the attention of the server got served first. An example of lack of organization and customer service.

Last year we purchased a meal plan for the park. Which means that each time you visit the park, you must line up to receive your coupons/vouchers which are valid only on the day in which you obtain them. They also have restrictions as to what window of time they may be used. The lunch voucher is valid between 11:30am to 3:45pm. The dinner voucher is valid between 4:30pm to 7:45pm and the snack voucher is valid between 11:30am to 5:45 pm.

I recall there was a time when we were in line for over 30 minutes. By the time we got to the cash register, it was 5 minutes after the time window indicated on my voucher. Although we explained that we had spent 30 minutes in line, they would not honour the voucher. In my opinion, this was a display of poor customer service and lack of judgement by management that insisted they had the right to not honour vouchers if they were not redeemed within the time window indicated on the voucher.

I have never been given an explanation for why they are such sticklers for the rules which made any sense. The La Ronde supervisor admitted that “it looks bad.” If your own supervisor admits while knowingly being recorded your customer service “looks bad” why can’t you fix it?

While they do have some good rides at the park, I would recommend frequenting businesses that appreciate your business and treat their customers with respect, good customer service and good judgement.

1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Since I'd noticed a steady decline in the quality of this once great park, we made our way out for frightfest today. Awful!

I'll start off with the parking, 28$ and it took more than 40 minutes to park. The configuration of the parking is terrible. Plus no antendants to help navigate the maze and unless you show up an hour before the park opens, you will likely be a brisk walk from the gate.

Entrance is poor and tired. Not very welcoming and somber. Oh and if you want to purchase up for fastpasses, good luck finding the booth inside the park (should it not be at the ticket counter?).

The rides are getting old and tired. Breakdowns are frequent and once you get to the ride, the tired and sad looking attendants move so slowly that it takes an eternity to start the actual ride.

Foodservice is lagging (with a few bright exceptions). Understaffed with employees who do not have a clue and work very slowly. by the time the transaction is complete, your food has had a chance to cool down. Staff is rude on top of it all. Line ups for food are not super long but take as long as the average ride.

Atmosphere... boring. It is supposed to be Frightfest and during the day (till 6), it is geared towards the VERY young. La Ronde does not cater to anyone over 8 years old from 11 to 6 PM. They seem to underestimate what today's youth can ... in their own words, handle. Seems to me that you should be able to satisfy both (and at all times).

This once exciting venu is slowly deteriorating. It is NOT up to the old standards (or is not a true Six Flags who cares very much about the customer experience). Management should travel to the States to see how it should be done. It is as expensive as Disney but could never even come close to their standards.

On the way out, another big swipe. Leaving the parking took almost 50 minutes. Should have stayed home. The parking lot configuration is a nightmare with very few ways to get out.

In conclusion... To our tourist friends, visit the old port (which is awesome) and for ride, take the new Grande Roue. More bang for the buck. Whatever you do though, do not take your car to get around... Take public transit. Easy, cheap and tons faster. If you still want to go to La Ronde, also leave the car at home or at the hotel. You'll be happy that you did.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I found everyone who works here very friendly and helpful. My daughter and I spent 3 days here on vacation. Some of the bigger rides were not working which was a little disappointing. Food is a little over priced but the drinks were obsurd. would highly recommend the refillable drink cup especially for multiple days. it pays for itself in 3 refills. I found it very inconvenient also that the entire park ran out of ice and cold drinks (room temperature was still available) by 7 PM every day. Also wasn't impressed that all the family shows were only offered in French. Definitely worth checking out if you get tickets online. I booked through a promotion on my birthday and received 40% off tickets for anytime in the 2018 season. bonus!

Reviewed September 21, 2018

Horrible customer service, and un-safe. After broadcasted alerts of dangerous chance of rain, wind (90 km/h), and thunder, a non-refundable event from LaRonde was not cancelled, well aware of these poor conditions. The event was a special 18+ all-nighter event where the roller-coasters were meant to be up and running until 5am. I tried reaching out to them on the phone for over an hour and never got to talk to an actual person- until the line was cut-off. Not re-scheduling OR allowing clients to get refunded for this outdoor event due to the extremely dangerous weather conditions, I see as a type of fraud and lack of care for a) their reputation, and b) their customers.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

I live in Montréal, I have season passes. It is the worst six flags ever! It's a hot day and you are thirsty, well here is your warm iced tea. THERE IS NEVER ANY ICE! You wait in long lines to get food, 8 employees talking and 1 working. Completely inefficient staff. Not to mention horible food choices as compared to other six flags. Take a 3 hr drive south and go to Great escape, so much better!!!!

Reviewed September 9, 2018

I was here last Monday with my girlfriend but wish I didn't bother. This place is in need of some major TLC. A lot of the rides/attractions were closed and the others seemed run down to the point where I didn't feel safe. There was a lightning storm that day that prevented me from going on a lot of rides but I'm glad I didn't, can't say I trusted them.
Ordered an ice cream from one of the shops and there were spiders all over the inside of the store. Can't understand why they wouldn't even get rid of the spiders and do some basic cleaning.
This place seemed off from the moment I walked in. I would avoid this if you are in Montreal for a vacation. We wasted money and an afternoon here that we could have spent elsewhere.